Noob thought about vaping

Set yourself an acceptable total monthly budget now (unless you are Bruce Wayne) and try keep to it...
Take some time and ask yourself how much you are willing to spend in total on what is (judging by the enthusiasm) essentially going to be a hobby.
Think in terms of golfers paying fees, balls, gear, clothes etc...
Once you have your number, you can budget/save up for new gear, splurge on a new liquid, whatever. This way you will keep a little bit of control over your spending and never have to feel bad about anything you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know...what Im stoked about you guys is vapers dont seem to be territorial like some surfers...Im like a grom to vaping but everyone is so cool. Just wana say thanks to everyone thats replied.
:D remember when I strode into Lung Candy in Norwood , so proud of my Smok stick ,and this dudes are blowing massive clouds and I just needed a new R55 coil , Trap Queen by Nasty was my first buy - flippit , I felt like a mil. bucks -not knowing that there will be anything from Kanger tech to Squid ind. mods in my future ...:campeon2:

Set yourself an acceptable total monthly budget now (unless you are Bruce Wayne) and try keep to it...
Take some time and ask yourself how much you are willing to spend in total on what is (judging by the enthusiasm) essentially going to be a hobby.
Once you have your number, you can budget/save up for new gear, splurge on a new liquid, whatever. This way you will keep a little bit of control over your spending and never have to feel bad about anything you buy.

I've tried to stick to a montly budget but we all know that doesn't work

I remembered when i bought my first "vape pen" had NO clue what to buy etc

Then went to Lunit Vapes in Bryanston which closed and asked for help went out with a Revenger X kit which cost me R1900

So yes vaping is more expensive than smoking but i will never go back to smokes

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Lame question/thought: Are all noobs THIS excited about how cool this hobby/lifestyle could be/is or is it just me? I feel like such a spaz for being so keen and in love lol. Almost feel like I should tone it down.

hi are you still in PE ?

Then went to Lunit Vapes in Bryanston which closed and asked for help went out with a Revenger X kit which cost me R1900

That’s sort of what I mean to say. Accept that it’s a hobby, accept that you will be spending a bunch, but try set physical limits early... or just win the powerball!

Oooh there was a other one that was also so excited and was going to take over the forum, think Sparkplug or something. Never heard of him again, probably smoking again

Anyway welcome, hope to see you still after ciggs are back
Ive been around a couple smokers already and Ive genuinely not been tempted...okay okay...the thought crossed my mind. After what you said Im thinking about this realistically and thats good but I do hope vaping isnt just a new toy for me in the long run. Right now though...I finally feel free and Im surfing that epic wave. Oh you also gave me an idea for a new thread. Its about how I feel now that might seem kinda vane and judgmental but I wonder how all you pro vapers feel about it. Will tag you if I can figure out how.

Wow I just googled the Revenger. I dont blame you for walking out with it. Its damn cool. Im looking at my Aegis Boost now and contemplating my life choices. Hmmmmm I should get like a backup vape (thats my excuse to buy another device lol).

At this point I think thats hectic valuable advice.
⭐
⭐
⭐

I should get like a backup vape

giphy.gif

:D remember when I strode into Lung Candy in Norwood , so proud of my Smok stick ,and this dudes are blowing massive clouds and I just needed a new R55 coil , Trap Queen by Nasty was my first buy - flippit , I felt like a mil. bucks -not knowing that there will be anything from Kanger tech to Squid ind. mods in my future ...:campeon2:
Im quite happy with my little AIO and grateful it gave me a chance to get into this coz I read about Mods and Squonks and that sounds super hardcore.

Yip, totally normal, but then what is normal?

Eventually you will get to a happy place and settle down on what you probably think to be the most unlikely setup you could think of right now. But enjoy the ride, experiment and find out what works for you.

Just one thing, BATTERY SAFETY!. These cells we use are not just overgrown penlights and need to be handled with care. Do not experiment with these. All the rest is fair game.

Welcome once again and see you around.

Cheers!
:) Will do. Future mental note made.

Attachments

• d0a1fb246a168ea9691df64d2f36ee5b.gif
    d0a1fb246a168ea9691df64d2f36ee5b.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
He
So much to explore, so much to learn, of course it is exciting. Great when you get to achieve things you thought you could not.

I have helped a dozen fol so far get rid of the stinkies, for me that is an achievement. Well done on you Mom, I find the more mature folk the hardest to convince.

Right now I am going on a calculator to work out some clapton coils for my Recurve dual. Never envisaged that in 2012 when I started.
You literally just spoke Klingon to me lol. :p Im looking forward to getting there. Ps. Moms new Mimo Air and 10ml CBD arrived today (she wanted something that looks like a stinkie despite offering to literally pay for an Aegis Boost but hey...small steps) and she seemed quite stoked with it. :) :) :) :)

I just love hearing this enthusiasm @volcom27101982! I felt like that way too when I started vaping about 4 years ago. I found this forum at about the same time and for months thereafter my life literally came to a standstill, because I was reading everything on the forum and everything on the internet about vaping!

I've calmed down now but my love and enthusiasm of vaping has not diminished in the least!
Yup that was me for about 2 weeks before my vape arrived. What was the first device you had?

Ive been around a couple smokers already and Ive genuinely not been tempted...okay okay...the thought crossed my mind. After what you said Im thinking about this realistically and thats good but I do hope vaping isnt just a new toy for me in the long run. Right now though...I finally feel free and Im surfing that epic wave. Oh you also gave me an idea for a new thread. Its about how I feel now that might seem kinda vane and judgmental but I wonder how all you pro vapers feel about it. Will tag you if I can figure out how.

@volcom27101982 To tag someone, just type the @symbol in front of their forum name - just as I have done here with your name.
But if you start a new thread, it's not necessary to tag people who might be interested. They will see the thread (one assumes) and "watch" the thread. If you "watch" a thread, any posts by anyone will appear in your Alerts (top right of screen). Usually we tag someone if we want to draw their attention to a specific post in a thread.

EDIT: If you have successfully tagged somone, their name will appear in blue AFTER you post the comment - just as your name is in blue above.

@volcom27101982 An Eleaf iJust Start. What do you have?
I have a Geekvape Aegis Boost :) :) :) I did tons of research and decided its the best starter kit coz I can adjust the airflow for MTL and DTL. Initially I wasnt sure if I could handle DTL coz the couple times I tried someone elses vape (which btw Im not keen on sharing coz arent vapes kinda like toothbrushes?) I coughed my lungs out. Not cool. I was quite scared to start vaping actually which is why it took me this long to quit smoking.

Back