OBS Engine Reviews & Rambles

Tockit

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
So this happened today, I have to say goodbye to the Serpent crew. Something came up and the Sm25 was traded. Say Hello to my new little friend.
cfa336bfe9a9950aba8decead4747b14.jpg

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

So this happened today, I have to say goodbye to the Serpent crew. Something came up and the Sm25 was traded. Say Hello to my new little friend.

I have been eyeing this tank for Some time now, whats your verdict?:O

Apparently the flavour is top notch, impressive capacity and cant really leak

Calling in the big guns @Rob Fisher for a full field test,quality control, spread sheets and vlog documentation and yes it fits a standard drip tip!!:nerd:

Shhhhh just now uncle @Rob Fisher catches wind of the Serpent Slayer

Calling in the big guns @Rob Fisher for a full field test,quality control, spread sheets and vlog documentation and yes it fits a standard drip tip!!:nerd:
You just answered your own questions

Still trying to catch up on my current goodies under review... but this is on my list.

So I received this tank today, fumbling in my excitement trying to open the bubble wrap packaging and nearly losing a finger cutting open the bubble wrap it didn't start well.....

Quick rundown (NOT!) :

Build quality is excellent, nice threading although the top part with the little notches can be a head scratcher (unscrew the whole top tank part no need to dis assemble).

Now to the build deck well this was my first experience with Velocity style decks and dual coil to be brutally honest so I was reluctant to just dive in. Well give me a snorkel and some goggles....

Only wire I had with me was 26g Kanthral, quick parallel wrap seven wraps I think and I had my two spaced coils. In the deck they went, some fiddling with the coils to get it nicely aligned with the wick holes and Bob's your Father's brother.

To the wicking! This was a bit of a challenge as I didn't have one of those weird angles tweezer jobbies but basically cut the wicks 1cm from the deck fluff out cut some off (or not) bang some juice on and stick the wick (CBV2) into the holes, not too Toight....

Another new experience for me, vaping above 30W. The ramp up time on the coils were slow @30W so I bumped it to 40 and first toot, hang on what's this? Smooth drag perfect for those long restricted LHs (had airflow half open). No spit back no gurgling nothing....

I have not reviewed any vaping gear or tanks or whatnot and this is probably the k@kkest waffle review ever but man this little Engine is the one that can....

I'll give my verdict tomorrow after I spent more time with it, velocity style deck which is the easiest to build on. No juice ring to fuss with. Easy to wick and no need to thin out the tails. Cut to length and stuff into holes. Swapping out flavours is a breeze. The Sm25 I had to go through half the tank before getting the new flavour coming through clean. For me the flavour is better than sm25 and no dry hits while chain vaping. But tomorrow I'll give my verdict. Lol

I'll give my verdict tomorrow after I spent more time with it, velocity style deck which is the easiest to build on. No juice ring to fuss with. Easy to wick and no need to thin out the tails. Cut to length and stuff into holes. Swapping out flavours is a breeze. The Sm25 I had to go through half the tank before getting the new flavour coming through clean. For me the flavour is better than sm25 and no dry hits while chain vaping. But tomorrow I'll give my verdict. Lol

Hah! So I jumped the gun on all you okes with my 'review'

Thanks for sharing your review @Daniel
Have moved the thread to the relevant hardware review subforum

So in short :

- Build Quality = 8/10
- Build Ease = 10/10
- Wicking = 8/10 (need a pointy thing)
- Flavour = 9/10 (OK it's not a dripper)
- Looks = 9/10 (replacement drip tip might be a challenge to get the right one)
- Leakiness = 0/10 (unless you do hand stand vaping this tank will not leak)

Thank you for the quick review. I have been looking at this RTA, actually not, I try to skim over it when ever I see it is available online, to prevent me from making the purchase.

But will have a look, this might be my reward for surviving this year.

Thank you for the quick review. I have been looking at this RTA, actually not, I try to skim over it when ever I see it is available online, to prevent me from making the purchase.

But will have a look, this might be my reward for surviving this year.

Thanks , was more of a waffle than a review , will see how it goes the next couple weeks and do a proper review. Maybe even my first Youtube video ;)

I see they brought out the OBS Engine Mini (23mm) as well , supposedly smaller chamber (and of course juice capacity less 3.5ml) which would mean better flavour. I ordered one on the Slow Boat and will see how it goes.

I love OBS and have both the Crius and Crius plus tanks, which perform amazingly. Apparently the Engine is in another league altogether. Reviews have all raved about it. It's definitely on my Christmas wishlist.

I rant and rave about the serpent mini. It is my daily tank even and is an excellent RTA.... But as you can see which tank gets to sit on the minikin ;).

bdd37eaa-ca33-401c-826b-7b0d9b8ce373.jpg

OK boys and girls... if the OBS Engine isn't as good as the Serpent Mini 25 someone is going to get hurt real bad! OBS Engine on it's way! :D

I rant and rave about the serpent mini. It is my daily tank even and is an excellent RTA.... But as you can see which tank gets to sit on the minikin ;).

Yeah , I've had a love/hate relationship with the Serpent from the beginning , it's on the back burner for now.

One annoyance with the OBS filling (and maybe I'm over filling) , but when I close the filling slide juice always seem to get pressed out and I have to wipe the tank..... really for now the only gripe I have with it.

Finally. You might as well maybe just order 10 to sit on the rest of your mods;).

Just for the record oom @Rob Fisher , it was @Kalashnikov that put us all onto it :p ...... but I'm sure you'll love it , would love to hear your views on it. For me it's really been a no fuss stick your wick in the holes type of atty ....
Glad I got mine before the feeding frenzy begins :) , thinking of getting the Mini (23mm) seems it fits on the Pico just just .....

Yeah , I've had a love/hate relationship with the Serpent from the beginning , it's on the back burner for now.

One annoyance with the OBS filling (and maybe I'm over filling) , but when I close the filling slide juice always seem to get pressed out and I have to wipe the tank..... really for now the only gripe I have with it.

YEah its a very normal thing with all OBS tanks. You do get that little bit of juice. But its nothing trageic. Just carry a small tissue. Or use your shirt or someones cat. Anything really...

Oh did i mention that airlocks is not an issue on this tank, the flavour is consistent on each and every draw. i found on the SM25 that flavour gets muted after a few draws, open the top cap to let some air in to get the flavour come back again. This wasn't going to work for me so what i did was open the top cap a little that the threads still caught and used it like that pulling some air in while you vape. Flavour was consistent then also did i mention this thing doesnt leak.... not spit back for the first few draws after refilling your tank? Great tank, i love it.

Oh did i mention that airlocks is not an issue on this tank, the flavour is consistent on each and every draw. i found on the SM25 that flavour gets muted after a few draws, open the top cap to let some air in to get the flavour come back again. This wasn't going to work for me so what i did was open the top cap a little that the threads still caught and used it like that pulling some air in while you vape. Flavour was consistent then also did i mention this thing doesnt leak.... not spit back for the first few draws after refilling your tank? Great tank, i love it.

Haha , I think we are crowding this thread , oom @Rob Fisher maybe move the relevant posts to the new OBS Engine thread ?

All i do is will the sleeve is up is give the juice hole column a wipe down before closing and no juice droplets when you close it. even with the juice droplets its alot less than what gets dumped out of the serpent if the wicks decide to move.

Back