OBS Engine Reviews & Rambles

Mine had some serious oil spillage going on when I first got it. It's an awesome tank though. I couldn't get my hands on a SM25 at the time so I went for this.

Yip mine too... not cool... why they don't wash the tanks properly is beyond me... :-@

OK lesson learnt... always always wash the tanks first... emptied the tank and washed it and rewicked it... The OBS Engine is a really nice tank... :b1:
Also another thing those twisted coils that come with it are really good. Although they do need a much higher wattage

We have turned you over to the other side :b1:

I wouldn't go that far just yet... but it certainly is as good as the SM25... let's see how it stands up to use... I wish it had a single coil option... but yes I am impressed with it... it's a Chicken Dinner and a Keeper so far! :p

As a matter of interest I have Dual Ni80 24g 3mm ID 7 wrap coils... 0.27Ω

OK lesson learnt... always always wash the tanks first... emptied the tank and washed it and rewicked it... The OBS Engine is a really nice tank... :b1:

I gave the tank a quick smell when I opened the package and got a whiff of machine oil so I immediately gave it a wash. Only slight negative I had with this tank but luckily it has nothing to do with the product, it's the same with most atty's. Glad you like it so far :D

I think I need to rebuild the coils... at 0.28Ω the vape is too dry and a little too warm compared to the SM25... any suggestions?

Calling @BigGuy!

I think I need to rebuild the coils... at 0.28Ω the vape is too dry and a little too warm compared to the SM25... any suggestions?

Calling @BigGuy!
Yes maybe lets see your wicking? Over time i learnt best way is just lay the cotton on top of the holes and not in. Will wick much better which should make the vape less dry

Yes maybe lets see your wicking? Over time i learnt best way is just lay the cotton on top of the holes and not in. Will wick much better which should make the vape less dry
That is how I use to wick the avocado 24 aswell. Have the wicks lay ontop of the holes

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

Calling @BigGuy!
I run mine at 0.38 ohm at 42 watt. I think it's about 7 wrap 26awg nichrome. My wick is just covering the holes. Not to the base. Can take nice long 5-7sec draws before it gets too warm. With a big ass bubble that pops out hehe

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys... I put the wick down into the holes... will rewick and rest the tails over the holes as suggested!

Thanks Guys... I put the wick down into the holes... will rewick and rest the tails over the holes as suggested!
They have to be just slightly inside the holes. And cover the entire hole, otherwise I've found it floods the deck and you end up with a mouthful of semi warm juice.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

@Rob Fisher check the OBS KB thread think I posted a German single coil video there, will work well with those Claptons you got

@JB1987 so far so good... easy to set up and build on... not a huge fan of dual coils but will persevere... airflow for days... more than the SM25... I like the design and I think it will be really leak proof... I think I should have washed it first because there is a slight taste but I was anxious to try it... I think it will also not suffer from airlocks and love the bubbles that you see after a good vape... I have a feeling I'm going to really like this tank.

More in a few days of playing!

View attachment 78178 View attachment 78179
That drip tip looks perfect on the engine.

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

I'm going to have to research this one a bit and play with the wicking... I'm not getting the perfect vape just yet... I'll redo it tomorrow...

Thought I'd post some pics of the build I have in my OBS Engine.

Coil Type : Dual Kanthal 24g
Wick : Cotton Bacon V2
Wraps : 10.5 at 3mm ID
Ohms : 0.5
Watts: 40-50
Juice : All Day Vapes Strawberry & Lemon Scone

(Yes I know the one coil is a tiny bit scew, only noticed it later). This tank has become my favourite above all others, great flavour, easy build, wicking and filling. Being able to access the deck with a full tank to adjust your wicking when you realised you conked it up is a massive bonus.

IMG_0519.JPG IMG_0520.JPG IMG_0521.JPG IMG_0522.JPG IMG_0486.JPG

Thanks @JB1987! I will rebuild mine now... I'm not getting the flavour on it that I get with my SM25 and I think it's because I only did 7 wraps and it's too severe... coil building time!

Dual Ni80 24g 10 wraps 3mm ID - 0.38Ω

Still not reaching SM25 flavour... better but still needing more moisture and flavour... off to google for a single coil build...

Thanks @JB1987! I will rebuild mine now... I'm not getting the flavour on it that I get with my SM25 and I think it's because I only did 7 wraps and it's too severe... coil building time!

It's a pleasure uncle @Rob Fisher , I've tried a few builds and I find that anything below 0.4 is too hot in this tank as the airflow comes from above, I can't handle a very hot vape. In my opinion thicker wire with more wraps works better and I wick it almost like you would wick a dripper. You could also do 3.5mm with a few less wraps, but I'm used to 3mm.

Dual Ni80 24g 10 wraps 3mm ID - 0.38Ω

Still not reaching SM25 flavour... better but still needing more moisture and flavour... off to google for a single coil build...

You can try moving the coils up to be almost level with the top of the posts so they are closer to the airflow, might make a difference?

OK now we are getting somewhere... put in a single Fused Clapton from Coil Empire... 0.59Ω at 40 watts... much better!

But I'm sorry guys this tank (while very nice) does not beat the Serpent Mini 25 for flavour... and the builds and hoops you have to jump through to get flavour is a real pain...

I will persevere today and see how the single coil and wick settles...

Thought I'd post some pics of the build I have in my OBS Engine.

Coil Type : Dual Kanthal 24g
Wick : Cotton Bacon V2
Wraps : 10.5 at 3mm ID
Ohms : 0.5
Watts: 40-50
Juice : All Day Vapes Strawberry & Lemon Scone

(Yes I know the one coil is a tiny bit scew, only noticed it later). This tank has become my favourite above all others, great flavour, easy build, wicking and filling. Being able to access the deck with a full tank to adjust your wicking when you realised you conked it up is a massive bonus.

View attachment 78242 View attachment 78243 View attachment 78244 View attachment 78245 View attachment 78246

Great coil @JB1987 !
And nice photos

OK now we are getting somewhere... put in a single Fused Clapton from Coil Empire... 0.59Ω at 40 watts... much better!

But I'm sorry guys this tank (while very nice) does not beat the Serpent Mini 25 for flavour... and the builds and hoops you have to jump through to get flavour is a real pain...

I will persevere today and see how the single coil and wick settles...
I'll say nothing ...... I still stick to my earlier post.:SimpHomer:

Dam dam dam
I have asked my partner for divine intervention here.
She needs to ban me from forums and any talk about Vape gear
And especially uncle Rob...
See what you guys have done...

And here I am the proud owner of a OBS Engine
Dual fused claptons
6 Wraps 3 mm ID
0.23 ohms @48 watts
Great flavor
No leaks (yeah baby love that part - not even chicken dinner that a dam turkey dinner)

Guess the only way I gonna break this spell that you guys have over me is for either my partner to help or I gonna find that doom or detol pastor and get these demons of persuasion exercised from my body and soul

Be gone you bunch of demons

e2cfc7be25f26d818771e459ad53ab21.jpg

Back