Out and about with my awesome regulated mod!

@Raindance place looks awesome, where is it if I may ask?
Breede river where the Slanghoek road crosses the river between Rawsonville and the Ceres road. Awesome place all year round. Sometimes you can not cross the river on the low water bridge in the rainy season. Afterwards beer and Pizza at the Calabash bushpub at the foot of the Bains Kloof pass. A habit since my biking days. The pub has some fire damage at the moment though, so missed out on that this time round.

Regards

Breede river where the Slanghoek road crosses the river between Rawsonville and the Ceres road. Awesome place all year round. Sometimes you can not cross the river on the low water bridge in the rainy season. Afterwards beer and Pizza at the Calabash bushpub at the foot of the Bains Kloof pass. A habit since my biking days. The pub has some fire damage at the moment though, so missed out on that this time round.

Regards
Brings back some swimming, kayaking and geocaching memories. Our dogs also loved this spot - the car did not appreciate the wet dogs though.

Brings back some swimming, kayaking and geocaching memories. Our dogs also loved this spot - the car did not appreciate the wet dogs though.
@gdigitel, I took a double take at the photo in your post above. Almost looks like the pub and pool at the Calabash. Looks like somewhere in the Cederberg? Mind sharing where that was? Looks awesome!

@gdigitel, I took a double take at the photo in your post above. Almost looks like the pub and pool at the Calabash. Looks like somewhere in the Cederberg? Mind sharing where that was? Looks awesome!
Lol, it does have a Calabash feel. However its Waremwaterberg Spa near Barrydale.
The hottest pool is about 42° and the coldest is normal pool temp. In summer it's awesome to alternate between hot and cold to give your body a little jolt. The water is very high in iron so white cossies go brown. Great place to just relax as there is not much else to do.
http://www.warmwaterbergspa.co.za

Lol, it does have a Calabash feel. However its Waremwaterberg Spa near Barrydale.
The hottest pool is about 42° and the coldest is normal pool temp. In summer it's awesome to alternate between hot and cold to give your body a little jolt. The water is very high in iron so white cossies go brown. Great place to just relax as there is not much else to do.
http://www.warmwaterbergspa.co.za
I have three weeks leave starting next week and I am planning a solo trip up the R62 for a week or so. Its between "Die Hel" and/or Baviaans for now. I never really plan these trips (Anti OCD therapy), which leads to some remarkable adventures at times so will possibly add this to the itinerary of unplanned possibilities. Thanks for the tip!

Regards

I have three weeks leave starting next week and I am planning a solo trip up the R62 for a week or so. Its between "Die Hel" and/or Baviaans for now. I never really plan these trips (Anti OCD therapy), which leads to some remarkable adventures at times so will possibly add this to the itinerary of unplanned possibilities. Thanks for the tip!

Regards

Lucky fish @Raindance !
Enjoy
Send us a picture

Regards
Awesome! Die Hel in summer will definitely live up to its name. If you are camping consider Boplaas in Die Hel. Better amentities and a pool as far as I know. Definitely detour past Waremwaterberg Spa and stop at Diesel and Creme in Barrydale for the best milkshakes on the African continent IMO.

8d5fe28198041a09ded70667a9f69a8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Die Hel in summer will definitely live up to its name. If you are camping consider Boplaas in Die Hel. Better amentities and a pool as far as I know. Definitely detour past Waremwaterberg Spa and stop at Diesel and Creme in Barrydale for the best milkshakes on the African continent IMO.
Just checked the link in your post. Looks fantastic. Thinking a visit to the "Sanitarium" after voluntarily spending a couple of days in hell this time of year will be just what the doctor ordered! Who knows, I might just come back all normal and well adjusted and no longer full of sh... Ja right... LOL.

@Silver, I'm sure to take plenty pics. Just to decide which mods, tanks, juice, batteries, tools etc to take is turning out quite a challenge. Will mixing a DIY juice in hell get me into the Guinness Book of Records? Thread Idea: "Out and about with my awesome digital scale!"

@Raindance I understand you fully
Decoding what vape gear to take on trips can be very daunting
I used to stress a bit about packing normal things but now I am unfased about that and its all about which devices to take and which backups and which backups for the backups. And then which backups in case all else fails. And the same with juice. I may as well pack a whole trailer and always drive instead of fly.

One of my favourite meals... a Wimpy! The Billet Box's first trip out into the wild wild world! :p
Wimpy2.jpg

Nope neither the Hussar or the Skyline has leaked one bit... the Skyline is on the Black Rose which has a beautiful matching drip tip that just suits the Skyline.
View attachment 82440 View attachment 82441

I know this quoted post is a bit old but just wow! That mod really is what I would call perfect!!! Excellent buy! I hope its treating you well

I know this quoted post is a bit old but just wow! That mod really is what I would call perfect!!! Excellent buy! I hope its treating you well

Yip the Black Rose Mod turned out to be a real winner... I bought it in an auction and wasn't that excited about it till it arrived and is now one of my favorite mods!
BlackRoseSkyline02.jpg BlackRoseSkyline04.jpg

Decided to try a new restaurant in Hillcrest tonight... Moroccan Cuisine...
Food 007.JPG Food 010.JPG Food 011.JPG

The Billet Box looked good in the pics... the food was not and was way overpriced! :-(

OK tomorrow is a day on the dam again after a long break... what to take with? Rods and tackle - Check! Water and Food - Check! Vape gear? The last time I went fishing (yes it was a while ago) I took a toolkit and spare wire and wicking, 2 x REO and a mod with a tank... I once took a REO and Tube Mod with a Russian 91% only and I broke the coil rewicking back when I was REO noob and after that I had the long tube and Russian in my pocket and bent down to net a fish and broke the glass on the tank... will never make those mistakes again and hence the toolkit etc... So I normally go with 2 REO's and two Regulated mods with tanks...

And tomorrow this is what is going with!
BBFishing1.jpg

Well not exactly that bottle of XXX because it's nearly finished... new bottle packed!

OK tomorrow is a day on the dam again after a long break... what to take with? Rods and tackle - Check! Water and Food - Check! Vape gear? The last time I went fishing (yes it was a while ago) I took a toolkit and spare wire and wicking, 2 x REO and a mod with a tank... I once took a REO and Tube Mod with a Russian 91% only and I broke the coil rewicking back when I was REO noob and after that I had the long tube and Russian in my pocket and bent down to net a fish and broke the glass on the tank... will never make those mistakes again and hence the toolkit etc... So I normally go with 2 REO's and two Regulated mods with tanks...

And tomorrow this is what is going with!
View attachment 84641

Well not exactly that bottle of XXX because it's nearly finished... new bottle packed!

Yo uncle @Rob Fisher i dont know if i would go out the house with those babies never mind fishing with them...

Lets all pray...
Dear lord please protect uncle Rob tomorrow on his fishing trip so he may return back safely to us and his family.

And if something has to go for a swim on his trip dear lord , please let it be uncle Rob and not the Billet Boxes.

Amen.
:)

Hazelmere Dam on the North Coast! Will send GPS Co-Ords if anything goes overboard! ;-)

Enjoy the fooshing @Rob Fisher !!
Look after the Billets!

Was just wondering, how easy are they to refill?

Enjoy the fooshing @Rob Fisher !!
Look after the Billets!

Was just wondering, how easy are they to refill?

Absolutely simple to refill Hi Ho @Silver but rewicking is a pain in the rear because you have to take out the tank and remove the atty and then wick it and return it... did my first one tonight... it wasn't quite as much of a hassle as I expected but you need to do it over the basin and any juice left in the tank is history...

Best burger in Ladybrand (With some Peri peri on the side)
Wow and the Looks Im getting from the locals when blowing out some clouds :D:rofl::D:rofl: @Petrus I thought you'd have everyone here used to some clouds by now!!

1.jpg

Hazelmere Dam on the North Coast! Will send GPS Co-Ords if anything goes overboard! ;-)

Found pictures of the dam (learning more and more about SA one day at a time). But what is distinctly missing is pictures of any fish caught!!! :stick: :p

Found pictures of the dam (learning more and more about SA one day at a time). But what is distinctly missing is pictures of any fish caught!!! :stick: :p

We got 16 bass but I only take pics of bass 2kg's and over these days... and we didn't get any of dem! :p

Back