Out And About With Your Reo!

Having Turkish tea in the Grand Bazaar, Istanbul.
TmlXr1v.jpg
It seems looks like Chinese red tea. but i think it must be different

20150808_150610.jpg

Some KWV brandy and choc tasting. On the right is the oh so very yummy 20 year old. She is oh so fine

Nothing beats a red wine, which has matured well - and not many do under non-optimal conditions. This one is like silk.

1lyGC8G.jpg

That must have been a special occasion @Andre? Or did you just feel like a special wine tonight?
Lol, no special occasion. Have a few such old bottles from a good mate who passed away. Every now and then we open one fully expecting it to be off. Well, this time we were lucky and the wine turned it into a special occasion and we fondly remembered our mate and good times we had together.

Went to Midmar Dam to organise a few issue for the up coming Inter Provincials... and stopped in at a local Hotel for lunch. Most awesome ambiance and outstanding food! Fern Hill Hotel.

An ice cold frosty to calm the nerves...
CCModRob 002.JPG

And a damn fine chicken and prawn curry!
CCModRob 003.JPG

Trio keeping me company in Botswana.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440010546.109929.jpg

Dejavu

Notice that the Reos took their rightful perch on the coaster
The glass had to yield to awesomeness...

Something so special about an African sunrise

This one from the room at the hotel this morning in Botswana.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440049948.256866.jpg

PS - the REO Mini was in my hand when taking the photo ;-)

Steel on steel

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440080354.560076.jpg

At the airport. On my way home.

Great symmetry.

Thanks Andre

Just realised my title was all wrong
Its not steel on steel
Its aluminium on steel
Oops

With my younger son Ryan at a new eating place this evening, the rump steak was heavenly.
20606741469_50facd1bce_c.jpg

Last edited:
Just beat @Rob Fisher today to the 55 degree North parallel. He will only get there once he enters Alaskan waters :p. Was actually attending an airshow at Portrush, when this runs through my thoughts :rolleyes:.

Reo overlooking the North Atlantic just outside Portsteward, Northern Ireland (55 degree North parallel):

Reo55N.jpg

I am not a whiskey drinker, but the whiskey lovers might appreciate. I did however tasted all 6 Bushmills varieties at the distillery yesterday in the quaint town called Bushmills, Northern Ireland; the Irish Honeybush has definitely a nauseating effect on me - the only one I enjoyed (and much better tasting than the 10, 16 or 21 year old) was Bushmills Black Bush. It did however took about 3 pints to get rid of the after taste.

Ps: On 20th April 1608, King James I, granted Sir Thomas Phillips - landowner and Governor of Co. Antrim Ireland, a license to distill whiskey, and that was the start of Bushmills.

Must be the 1'st Reo on their premises, until proven otherwise.

Bushmills1.jpg

.... and just to clarify the focusing issue:

Bushmills2.jpg

Last edited:
Back