Paulie's E-Juice - Juice Reviews

@Andre I also wasn't sure about pear as something one could enjoy vaping (although I enjoy pears) but man am I glad I bought it at the meet! You mention you don't enjoy eating pears, well I'm afraid (as mentioned above) this is as close as you can get to the real thing, and it's just too yummy...Perhaps try it before you buy, if you're in Joburg sometime you're welcome to try mine.
Thanks for the offer @Pixstar. I am now getting a sample to try. One thing I have learnt about juices - sometimes you like flavours, which you would not normally eat or drink.

Thanks for the offer @Pixstar. I am now getting a sample to try. One thing I have learnt about juices - sometimes you like flavours, which you would not normally eat or drink.
Ain't that the truth

Generally I vape flavours I don't eat or drink. Until coffee cake.

I love coffee, but until now I mildly enjoyed Wakonda, but none other coffer flavoured.

Paulie's Coffee Cake goes down like cold water though!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ain't that the truth

Generally I vape flavours I don't eat or drink. Until coffee cake.

I love coffee, but until now I mildly enjoyed Wakonda, but none other coffer flavoured.

Paulie's Coffee Cake goes down like cold water though!

Can you describe what the coffee cake tastes like @rogue zombie ?

Can you describe what the coffee cake tastes like @rogue zombie ?
It's not Coffee and cake

It's like a good shot of espresso was chucked in the cake batter, and the cake is therefore coffee flavoured (if that makes sense).

It's cake primarily... that happens to be coffee flavoured. Good coffee.

It's extremely well balanced moist, slightly creamy cake with, I think, a tiny bit of caramel (like burnt sugar caramel, not sweet-like caramel.)

It's not Coffee and cake

It's like a good shot of espresso was chucked in the cake batter, and the cake is therefore coffee flavoured (if that makes sense).

It's cake primarily... that happens to be coffee flavoured. Good coffee.

It's extremely well balanced moist, slightly creamy cake with, I think, a tiny bit of caramel (like burnt sugar caramel, not sweet-like caramel.)

Thank-you so much !! That makes perfect sense :) So I shouldn't expect a Frappe with cake ( Which is what I imagined) But rather , as you said " Coffee Flavoured Cake"
Hmmmmm , going to have to give this a try .

Thanks once again @rogue zombie :)

Got to try some of the pear last night, it's a very close relative of this:

Yoga_Pear_SmallCase.jpg

Yum!

@Paulie Any chance of you making a granadilla juice?

Hi @jguile415
Please rather ask such questions via PM or in the Paulie's subforum
We are on the general threads here in the E-liquid reviews forum

PS- that was a good question ;-)

Hi @jguile415
Please rather ask such questions via PM or in the Paulie's subforum
We are on the general threads here in the E-liquid reviews forum

PS- that was a good question ;-)

Humblest apologies Silver! It was a passing thought while reading this thread.

PS. Damn straight!

Paulies Pistachio Ice Cream Mini Review:

Well well... this is the first South African juice to make my ADV list. I was expecting the usual run-of-the-mill local produce. Maaaaaaan oh man. I rate this juice as top notch. Absolutely killer.

@Paulie your work is NEXT LEVEL. I have no words.

This should be exported with huge pride. Winner winner chicken dinner. My bottle damn near got killed in one day.

Picking up the entire range of Paulies on Tuesday. I simply cannot wait.

IMG_1982.JPG I got my hands on these 3 today.
Not much of a reviewer so here goes.

Coffee Cake is lovely and moreish cake with a hint of coffee

Lemon Ice Tea is a refreshing lemon, not the "handy andy" or zesty lemon flavor that one get in a lot of the other lemon e juice. It reminds me a lot of my grandmothers lemonade with a hint of tea.

Pear is very "pearie" yes its a real word cause i made it up. i love pears and this juice has a lovely strong pear flavor

Well done @Paulie keep up the good work and i am looking forward to vaping more of your creations.

Have gone through 7 bottles of these amazing juices, everyday there is a juice from Paulie in my rotation, @Paulie Thank You for these amazing flavours, Guava, Pear and Coffee Cake, ABSOLUTELY "TOP-NOTCH"

So I got some coffee cake today so I thought I'd add my quick review ;)

Equipment Used
IStick TC100W
Freshly wicked Magma Reborn RDA (clone) with dual 7 wrap stainless steel coils running in TC mode 40W at 200 degrees Celsius (Man I am loving these SS coils on TC) at 0.27ohm

Color and Smell
Slight yellowish brownish in color, smells like a mild espresso sauce dripped on a freshly baked still warm and moist sponge cake

Flavor
Just like it smells. Get that delicious cake taste, not cake batter, fresh out of the oven cake that is still spongy with an fairly runny espresso sauce put on it. Just enough before it drenches the cake. Has a slight sponge cake sweetness on the inhale and a nice smooth espresso exhale with a more espresso than cake after taste

Throat Hit
None to very light

Over-All Impressions
I will be getting more for sure. I am fan of dessert flavors, but this is the perfect mix between a cakey dessert and espresso to hold off the full on dessert flavor. Best coffee based flavor I have tried to date. Will be my ADV tomorrow so will see if it gets a bit much after a while. I don't think it will though.

Last edited:
@Paulie Weel done.

Thanks to @Nibbler for introducing me to the Lemon Ice Tea. I love most citrus juices, but the ice tea addition to the description made me shy away, as I am not a fan of ice tea. If ice tea tastes anything like Paulie's juice, maybe I should try it out sometime.

Very refreshing juice with enough lemon zest to satisfy my citrus cravings, has a subtle flavour on exhale which I can't put my finger on. Maybe this is tea ? All in all, the Lemon Ice Tea is a great juice, and my favorite in the Paulies range.

I may be out of line here but our local juice masters do us proud, most local eliquids compare to or are superior to any international eliquids. ✌️

I may be out of line here but our local juice masters do us proud, most local eliquids compare to or are superior to any international eliquids. ✌️
Sometimes... sometimes... it has been hard for me to hit on real winners, took me a minute there. Paulies is a stand-out.

@Paulie sent me 4x50ml bottles for participating in his Aphrodite's Nipple DIY contest. First of all, thanks again @Paulie! Really appreciate it! I'm going to review each one separately, and over the course of a few days (they take time yo!). My phone camera is a bit busted atm, so I'll upload pictures of the juice at a later stage. I'll give an overall impression of Paulie's E-juice after all of the reviews.

First up: Lemon Ice Tea

Company: Paulie's E-Juice
Product Name: Lemon Ice Tea
Product Image: *None available right now*

Reviewer: Ezekiel

Tested on the following setups:

• DNA200, with empirically adjusted TFR values to give the same general heat scale on different wires and atomizers as well as buffer adjusted.
  • Evic VTC mini, with custom TCRs:
    • Titanium 1: 3796 x 10^-6
    • Stainless Steel 316L: 927 x 10^-6
Atomizers:
  • Hastur v2 RDA, 2 x SS316L 26 AWG, 2.5 mm ID, 16 wraps, compressed, 0.46 ohm, wicked normally with Cotton Bacon v2
  • Velocity Mini RDA, 2 x SS316L 28 AWG, 3.5 mm ID, 14 wraps, compressed, 0.83 ohm, wicked Scottish with Cotton Bacon
  • Stroh Mini RDA, 2 x Kanthal Clapton (32 over 28 AWG), 2.5 mm ID, 4 wraps, mildly spaced, 0.33 ohm, wicked Scottish with Cotton Bacon v2
  • Aromamizer v1 RDTA, 2 x Titanium 1 26 AWG, 3.0 mm ID, 8 wraps, compressed, vertical, 0.18 ohm, wicked normally with Cotton Bacon v2
  • Goblin Mini v2 RTA, 2 x SS316L 26 AWG, 2.0 mm ID, 10 wraps, compressed, 0.23 ohm, wicked normally with Cotton Bacon v2
  • Subtank Mini v2 RTA, 1 x Titanium 1 26 AWG, 2.5 mm ID, 10 wraps, compressed, vertical, 0.42 ohm, wicked Dragon with Cotton Bacon v2
  • TFV4 RTA, 1 x Kanthal Clapton (32 over 28 AWG), 2.5 mm ID, 5 wraps, compressed, 0.74 ohm, wicked normally with Cotton Bacon v2
(I tested extensively on all of these setups to get a good feel for the juice, they're not just a list of things I own)

Strength: 3 mg/ml
Price: Not sure but available from Lung Candy, Vape King, Vape Cartel, Atomix Vapes, ECiggies, Juicy Joes, The ECig Store, Sir Vape, JJ's Emporium, Vapers Corner, Vapour Chemistry, E-Cig Inn, Vape Decadence and H2 Vape

Website blurb: Fresh lemon spliced with full leaf tea. A beautiful tangy and sweet all day treat!

Preferred coil temperature: 255 °C
The temperature dependence of this juice is quite interesting. In the ranges of 205 to 230 °C, I mostly get a bittery lemon zest flavour. In the ranges of 235 to 260 °C, typical Ice-tea flavours starts to develop. Finally, at higher temperatures, more lemon juice (sweet, not tart - similar to lemon filling in pastries) overpowers the tea notes. The tea aftertaste I mostly get in the range of 245 to 255 °C. Flavour mostly dissipates above 280 °C. In this regard, most of the lemon notes have a much wider temperature range where they are active, whereas the tea notes are more constrained. As a result, I had the most success of flavours blending between 250 and 260 °C. All subsequent comments will be in regard to vaping at 255 °C.

Preferred vaping temperature: Light heat (a tad above body temperature)

Tasting Notes:
  • Inhale: Slightly bitter Lemon zest, slight hint of menthol-type cooling
  • Mouth Exhale: Initial, slightly sweet ice tea, followed by non-tart lemon juice
  • Nose Exhale: Sweeter lemon zest
  • Aftertaste: Very typical ice-tea notes, reminiscent of lightly fermented tea leaves (in the line of an Irish Breakfast Tea). Slightly sweet. Some menthol cooling is also experienced.
  • Mouthfeel: Very light, slightly cooling. Dry at lower temperatures, but lightly juicy at higher temperatures
  • Throat hit: Light (but depending on the setup)
Comments

@Paulie has absolutely nailed the flavour of commercial lemon flavoured ice teas. The flavours are spot on with the actual drink. It is mostly composed of two (although each might be a composite of other flavours) flavour notes: lemons and ice-tea.
The lemon notes are very slightly bitter, with mostly lemon zest and some hints of lemon juice. However, there is very little acidity in the lemon notes for me - this is definitely not going to puck(er) you up. The zest flavours also comes out in the middle of the exhale, and is quite strong when exhaling through your nose. While I enjoy the lemon flavours, when they come out on their own (at low and high temperatures), they tend to get a bit exhausting after awhile.
Next, I specifically mentioned ice-tea flavour notes instead of tea. I know in terms of beverages the differences between the two are only temperature and sugar, but somehow the flavours in this juice reminds me absolutely of ice-tea rather than normal tea, even when heated. The taste is very lightly aromatic, and reminiscent of a lightly fermented black tea. The ice-tea notes comes out predominantly in the first part of the exhale, but then again in an absolutely fantastic and long-lingering aftertaste.
I also pick up some menthol. Whether this is by design (added menthol or koolada or whatever), or whether it comes directly from the lemon flavours, it works well. It is light enough to not notice it immediately, but it strong enough to pick up after a few toots. It serves to highlight the lemon somewhat, and gives more of an ice to the ice-tea. In this sense, even when the vapour temperature is a bit higher, you still have an impression of vaping ice-tea rather than lemon-flavoured black tea.
Finally, the juice is very slightly sweet. However, the sweetness comes through only at higher vaping temperatures. When the juice is slightly heated up (in other words, it is a noticebly hotter than body temperature), the sweetness overrides the lemon's bitterness and accentuates the ice-tea. What bugged me in certain cases was when the vaping temperature was quite high, the sweetness became a bit overpowering, and gave an artificial flavour to both the lemon and the tea notes.
The lemon and ice-tea notes blend very well in certain cases. When everything works nicely in your atomizer, and your coil temperature is just right, then these notes blend together in a perfect way, with an ice-tea base lightly flavoured with lemon. Unfortunately, they sometimes separate, an effect I experienced on some of my setups. In addition, as I mentioned, at higher vaping (not coil) temperatures the sweetness can become a bit annoying (but then again, who heats up ice-tea?). While still very good in these cases, the juice really shines when everything works together.

Preferred setup: High surface area coil, lots of airflow. In my case, the Aromamizer and Stroh mini performed the best, with the former being a very cold build but with decent flavour, and the latter being a high surface area build. This is a juice which works well on clapton coils if you have the airflow to support it. Generally, increased surface area accentuated the ice-tea notes rather than the lemon notes, for which I was very glad. Additional airflow helps to cool the overall vape down, which works well with this juice. All of my hotter setups (Subtank, Hastur and Goblin) did not perform that nicely with this juice.

Final thoughts:

I really, really like this. It is unlike any other juice I've tasted (but granted, the first tea-based juice I've had), and it gives the exact impression of actual ice-tea. As expected, it's a nice vape for a hot day, especially with the slight menthol notes. It can be difficult to get the right setup to fully experience the flavours, but it is very rewarding when you do. Finally, the aftertaste is super satisfying, and lingers long enough that you just cannot help but take another toot.

Last edited:
@Paulie sent me 4x50ml bottles for participating in his Aphrodite's Nipple DIY contest. First of all, thanks again @Paulie! Really appreciate it! I'm going to review each one separately, and over the course of a few days (they take time yo!). My phone camera is a bit busted atm, so I'll upload pictures of the juice at a later stage. I'll give an overall impression of Paulie's E-juice after all of the reviews.

First up: Lemon Ice Tea

Company: Paulie's E-Juice
Product Name: Lemon Ice Tea
Product Image: *None available right now*

Reviewer: Ezekiel

Tested on the following setups:

• DNA200, with empirically adjusted TFR values to give the same general heat scale on different wires and atomizers as well as buffer adjusted.
  • Evic VTC mini, with custom TCRs:
    • Titanium 1: 3796 x 10^-6
    • Stainless Steel 316L: 927 x 10^-6
Atomizers:
  • Hastur v2 RDA, 2 x SS316L 26 AWG, 2.5 mm ID, 16 wraps, compressed, 0.46 ohm, wicked normally with Cotton Bacon v2
  • Velocity Mini RDA, 2 x SS316L 28 AWG, 3.5 mm ID, 14 wraps, compressed, 0.83 ohm, wicked Scottish with Cotton Bacon
  • Stroh Mini RDA, 2 x Kanthal Clapton (32 over 28 AWG), 2.5 mm ID, 4 wraps, mildly spaced, 0.33 ohm, wicked Scottish with Cotton Bacon v2
  • Aromamizer v1 RDTA, 2 x Titanium 1 26 AWG, 3.0 mm ID, 8 wraps, compressed, vertical, 0.18 ohm, wicked normally with Cotton Bacon v2
  • Goblin Mini v2 RTA, 2 x SS316L 26 AWG, 2.0 mm ID, 10 wraps, compressed, 0.23 ohm, wicked normally with Cotton Bacon v2
  • Subtank Mini v2 RTA, 1 x Titanium 1 26 AWG, 2.5 mm ID, 10 wraps, compressed, vertical, 0.42 ohm, wicked Dragon with Cotton Bacon v2
  • TFV4 RTA, 1 x Kanthal Clapton (32 over 28 AWG), 2.5 mm ID, 5 wraps, compressed, 0.74 ohm, wicked normally with Cotton Bacon v2
(I tested extensively on all of these setups to get a good feel for the juice, they're not just a list of things I own)

Strength: 3 mg/ml
Price: Not sure but available from Lung Candy, Vape King, Vape Cartel, Atomix Vapes, ECiggies, Juicy Joes, The ECig Store, Sir Vape, JJ's Emporium, Vapers Corner, Vapour Chemistry, E-Cig Inn, Vape Decadence and H2 Vape

Website blurb: Fresh lemon spliced with full leaf tea. A beautiful tangy and sweet all day treat!

Preferred coil temperature: 255 °C
The temperature dependence of this juice is quite interesting. In the ranges of 205 to 230 °C, I mostly get a bittery lemon zest flavour. In the ranges of 235 to 260 °C, typical Ice-tea flavours starts to develop. Finally, at higher temperatures, more lemon juice (sweet, not tart - similar to lemon filling in pastries) overpowers the tea notes. The tea aftertaste I mostly get in the range of 245 to 255 °C. Flavour mostly dissipates above 280 °C. In this regard, most of the lemon notes have a much wider temperature range where they are active, whereas the tea notes are more constrained. As a result, I had the most success of flavours blending between 250 and 260 °C. All subsequent comments will be in regard to vaping at 255 °C.

Preferred vaping temperature: Light heat (a tad above body temperature)

Tasting Notes:
  • Inhale: Slightly bitter Lemon zest, slight hint of menthol-type cooling
  • Mouth Exhale: Initial, slightly sweet ice tea, followed by non-tart lemon juice
  • Nose Exhale: Sweeter lemon zest
  • Aftertaste: Very typical ice-tea notes, reminiscent of lightly fermented tea leaves (in the line of an Irish Breakfast Tea). Slightly sweet. Some menthol cooling is also experienced.
  • Mouthfeel: Very light, slightly cooling. Dry at lower temperatures, but lightly juicy at higher temperatures
  • Throat hit: Light (but depending on the setup)
Comments

@Paulie has absolutely nailed the flavour of commercial lemon flavoured ice teas. The flavours are spot on with the actual drink. It is mostly composed of two (although each might be a composite of other flavours) flavour notes: lemons and ice-tea.
The lemon notes are very slightly bitter, with mostly lemon zest and some hints of lemon juice. However, there is very little acidity in the lemon notes for me - this is definitely not going to puck(er) you up. The zest flavours also comes out in the middle of the exhale, and is quite strong when exhaling through your nose. While I enjoy the lemon flavours, when they come out on their own (at low and high temperatures), they tend to get a bit exhausting after awhile.
Next, I specifically mentioned ice-tea flavour notes instead of tea. I know in terms of beverages the differences between the two are only temperature and sugar, but somehow the flavours in this juice reminds me absolutely of ice-tea rather than normal tea, even when heated. The taste is very lightly aromatic, and reminiscent of a lightly fermented black tea. The ice-tea notes comes out predominantly in the first part of the exhale, but then again in an absolutely fantastic and long-lingering aftertaste.
I also pick up some menthol. Whether this is by design (added menthol or koolada or whatever), or whether it comes directly from the lemon flavours, it works well. It is light enough to not notice it immediately, but it strong enough to pick up after a few toots. It serves to highlight the lemon somewhat, and gives more of an ice to the ice-tea. In this sense, even when the vapour temperature is a bit higher, you still have an impression of vaping ice-tea rather than lemon-flavoured black tea.
Finally, the juice is very slightly sweet. However, the sweetness comes through only at higher vaping temperatures. When the juice is slightly heated up (in other words, it is a noticebly hotter than body temperature), the sweetness overrides the lemon's bitterness and accentuates the ice-tea. What bugged me in certain cases was when the vaping temperature was quite high, the sweetness became a bit overpowering, and gave an artificial flavour to both the lemon and the tea notes.
The lemon and ice-tea notes blend very well in certain cases. When everything works nicely in your atomizer, and your coil temperature is just right, then these notes blend together in a perfect way, with an ice-tea base lightly flavoured with lemon. Unfortunately, they sometimes separate, an effect I experienced on some of my setups. In addition, as I mentioned, at higher vaping (not coil) temperatures the sweetness can become a bit annoying (but then again, who heats up ice-tea?). While still very good in these cases, the juice really shines when everything works together.

Preferred setup: High surface area coil, lots of airflow. In my case, the Aromamizer and Stroh mini performed the best, with the former being a very cold build but with decent flavour, and the latter being a high surface area build. This is a juice which works well on clapton coils if you have the airflow to support it. Generally, increased surface area accentuated the ice-tea notes rather than the lemon notes, for which I was very glad. Additional airflow helps to cool the overall vape down, which works well with this juice. All of my hotter setups (Subtank, Hastur and Goblin) did not perform that nicely with this juice.

Final thoughts:

I really, really like this. It is unlike any other juice I've tasted (but granted, the first tea-based juice I've had), and it gives the exact impression of actual ice-tea. As expected, it's a nice vape for a hot day, especially with the slight menthol notes. It can be difficult to get the right setup to fully experience the flavours, but it is very rewarding when you do. Finally, the aftertaste is super satisfying, and lingers long enough that you just cannot help but take another toot.

Thanks for the Review man i appreciate it! Also you very good when it comes to reviewing juices in detail! I think you should do more!!

Super review @Ezekiel !
Thanks for the efforts

Coffee Cake 6mg, great tasting juice, good mixture, the coffee is not overpowering, and the cake on the exhale is great.

But this juice does not seem to like commercial atomizers, went through 2 Eleaf 0.3 ohm coils and 1 Atlantis 0.5 ohm coil, in one day. (all new and properly primed) each time Half of the tank tastes absolutely great, but then dry hit, dry hit.... :MEEH:. and coil gone.

Coffee Cake 6mg, great tasting juice, good mixture, the coffee is not overpowering, and the cake on the exhale is great.

But this juice does not seem to like commercial atomizers, went through 2 Eleaf 0.3 ohm coils and 1 Atlantis 0.5 ohm coil, in one day. (all new and properly primed) each time Half of the tank tastes absolutely great, but then dry hit, dry hit.... :MEEH:. and coil gone.

Thanks for the info E.T. i will give it a try and test it on some commercial coils and get back to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info E.T. i will give it a try and test it on some commercial coils and get back to you

Great thank you Paulie, if all else fails I might just venture into building coils (or in my case hand grenades) to enjoy your juices.

Great thank you Paulie, if all else fails I might just venture into building coils (or in my case hand grenades) to enjoy your juices.

If you like i would also be happy to help u build coils or if u dont live in jhb ask someone i know cause its cheaper and you get a much better vape

So apparently I am missing out on the favourite one so far. Havent enjoyed coffee vapes so far but sounds like I should take the plunge. Keep getting guava as the bottle finishes. Just wow20160425_191430.jpg

Back