Pink 18650 sold for R75 - PLEASE DONT BUY THEM!

Chukin'Vape

Flavour Ninja
LV

Awards
Hi Guys,

There is currently a huge discussion happening with the vendor VapeMix - they are selling 18650's for R75 on their site. The Vendor has not been able to provide any specifications let alone the continuous ampere discharge on this cell.

Until we have these specs - please dont buy these batteries

For more info on this discussion check this thread:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/pink-battery-specs.t38628/

Also find the actual product here:
http://vapemix.co.za/index.php?id_product=41&controller=product

Hi Guys,

There is currently a huge discussion happening with the vendor VapeMix - they are selling 18650's for R75 on their site. The Vendor has not been able to provide any specifications let alone the, continuous ampere discharge on this cell.

Until we have these specs - please dont buy these batteries

For more info on this discussion check this thread:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/pink-battery-specs.t38628/
Shot - maybe include a link to product here as well?

What's absolutely boggles my mind is that they just don't see what is wrong with all this :O

What's absolutely boggles my mind is that they just don't see what is wrong with all this :O
Who knows maybe she blew her face off testing the battery in a mech :) maybe after the hospital visit the reality will sink in

What gets to me is their total indifference to the seriousness of the problem

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@Scott, would you mind adding a non binding legal opinion?

Of interest would be the validity of the Ts&Cs in light of the as yet to be determined authenticity of the batteries. Authenticity of course referring to a) are they 18650 batteries or other types of battery repackaged, b) are they capable of handling the advertised 20A current as advertised.

Looking forward to what our resident legal beagle has to say :headbang:

Can I play devils advocate here and ask a few questions:

-who tested these batteries
-what proof is there that these will actually explode/vent
-does authentic batteries not vent
-all those batteries venting on social media , were they "fakes"
-is anybody willing to test , instead of bashing
-is it so far fetched to think that a "fake" can be just as good as "authentic" .

-but most importantly who's willing to test . Lol. Look I'd test but I have one device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-is it so far fetched to think that a "fake" can be just as good as "authentic" .

-but most importantly who's willing to test . Lol. Look I'd test but I have one device

That is not the point though bro. They do not know anything about the batteries. That is what we have been trying to find out. They ASSUME it is 20A. And what is 20A? Max or Continuous... They dont even know what the chemistry is (ICR/IMR etc). So a test is absolutely pointless because who knows what to test for.

How does one test the CDR of an 18650?

My battery charger can test the capacity, but not the CDR unfortunately.

How does one test the CDR of an 18650?

Have a read here: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/my-cell-testing-equipment-and-setup.7431/ for setup

and HERE for testing method: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/whats-done-for-each-cell-test.7433/

Battery Mooch is the go to guy for actual battery stats. He have debunked alot of claims and actually shown that the 30Qs where under-rated by Samsung.

Edited to add the actual testing method.

Mooch is the only guy who could test this. The supplier specs are meaningless. Tesiyi will tell you that their battery is 40A. Mooch will tell you it's 25A. Who do you think I'm going to believe?

Surely Vape Mix cannot be serious with their last post.

"Hey guys, I once drove my car at 256km/h on a national road. I didnt die. Because of my experience, I deem it completely safe to travel at those speeds all the time."

Because who needs logic anyways right.

Surely Vape Mix cannot be serious with their last post.

"Hey guys, I once drove my car at 256km/h on a national road. I didnt die. Because of my experience, I deem it completely safe to travel at those speeds all the time."

Because who needs logic anyways right.

And there's a good chance the car was a BMVW with a fortroen engine.

Oh and it had a 150km/h limiter, but the reported limit setting was 300.

And the thread gets locked so we can't even tell them, that's not how this works.

It's their area, they can do as they please. They can't lock this thread though.

Sad thing is, if they just acknowledge that they got screwed by their supplier, the whole community would support them and be on their side.

This hardegat attitude is the biggest problem.

PS. @Vape Mix, on a regulated mod, the resistance of your coils is irrelevant. You should not be selling batteries as you obviously do not have enough product knowledge to safely do so.

And there's a good chance the car was a BMVW with a fortroen engine.

Oh and it had a 150km/h limiter, but the reported limit setting was 300.

Dont forget the drums for back brakes, ling long tyres on 13 inch wheels, 60mm drop but because the springs are finished, a casette player in front with a CD shuttle in the boot and a set of di hanging on the rear view mirror.

Back