Pink 18650 sold for R75 - PLEASE DONT BUY THEM!

Scary that a vendor has such little product knowledge. Asks forum for expert opinion that's appalling. I now know not to buy from these guys cause they don't really know what they are selling. The vendor is reckless and are willing to use potentially dangerous items in their own mod,thats fine but i feel sorry for the customers who have little knowledge buying these batteries cause they don't know any better. Irresponsible behaviour in the chase for profits, is why regulations will be put into place with regards to vaping in the future.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

And to add...as a avid Gumtree user,I reported them a few times for spamming up pages with the same ad in every suburb of SA.Okay that was kinda off topic,cant believe the arrogance they have regarding batt safety,its like saying I dont have to worry about muzzle safety on my gun I blocked the barrel with some prestik.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Chukin'Vape this vendor has no comments regarding these batteries, they have shown they don't care about us vapers and choose money over our safety.

We all make mistakes i wish the vendor would own up and say sorry guys we are holding these batteries back and sending them for testing one we get all the specs we will carry on selling them with the correct specs (if they are determined safe for use in a vaping device)

And that would have made every one happy.....
But no they chose to increase the price of a piece sh!t battery (which i wouldnt even take for free) and carry on selling them and choose to ignore everyones posts.

@Vape Mix just a little life lesson- you lay the bed you sleep in.

I think the situation warrants the use of napalm. Same as with the taxi drivers today. Stupid bloody idiots the lot of them.

Sent from my Note 4

If they can't give us specifics... I say they should prove it.
They should put it in a mech with a 0.25ohm build (just under 17A draw) and make a video of them vaping it.
But they won't. They know it's not safe.

Yet they tell us it's safe, and go out the longest warning I've ever seen on the site.

@Scott, would you mind adding a non binding legal opinion?

Of interest would be the validity of the Ts&Cs in light of the as yet to be determined authenticity of the batteries. Authenticity of course referring to a) are they 18650 batteries or other types of battery repackaged, b) are they capable of handling the advertised 20A current as advertised.

Looking forward to what our resident legal beagle has to say :headbang:
I have been following the thread but must openly admit I am to much of a novice to express any opinion relating to the safety or otherwise of the battery itself. On the other hand when one professes to be an expert in a particular field which vape stores do by implication when electing their field of business then they have an inherent obligation to take all reasonable steps to ensure their products are safe and meet the minimum requirements ; especially safety when making a product available for sale. IF one of these batteries fails and causes injury or worse they will most certainly be liable if it can be proved that they did not take all precautions to acquaint themselves of the products suitability for the purpose for which it was sold. This liability would extend to both civil and criminal prosecution. To give an example: A motor dealership that advertises a vehicle for sale while there are concerns' about that vehicle's braking capacity would be liable in the event of an accident if they hadn't taken all reasonable steps to have the brake system checked and verified to be safe. From what I understand this vendor is clearly not certain of any specifications or other capacity relating to these batteries and therefore would be considered grossly negligent if one of them fails and is found to have been unfit for the purpose for which it was sold. I believe they are playing with fire and I just pray none of our members gets burnt!

I have been following the thread but must openly admit I am to much of a novice to express any opinion relating to the safety or otherwise of the battery itself. On the other hand when one professes to be an expert in a particular field which vape stores do by implication when electing their field of business then they have an inherent obligation to take all reasonable steps to ensure their products are safe and meet the minimum requirements ; especially safety when making a product available for sale. IF one of these batteries fails and causes injury or worse they will most certainly be liable if it can be proved that they did not take all precautions to acquaint themselves of the products suitability for the purpose for which it was sold. This liability would extend to both civil and criminal prosecution. To give an example: A motor dealership that advertises a vehicle for sale while there are concerns' about that vehicle's braking capacity would be liable in the event of an accident if they hadn't taken all reasonable steps to have the brake system checked and verified to be safe. From what I understand this vendor is clearly not certain of any specifications or other capacity relating to these batteries and therefore would be considered grossly negligent if one of them fails and is found to have been unfit for the purpose for which it was sold. I believe they are playing with fire and I just pray none of our members gets burnt!
Thank you very much @Scott. That does go to show that we are not just ragging on the vendor for the fun of it, but it is also in their best interest to get their ducks in a row.

I want to add that in so far as terms and conditions is concerned it must be borne in mind that a seller can't hide behind"use at your own risk" where their negligence compounded the risk by not taking all steps to satisfy themselves the product they selling is safe if used according to it's design and specific purpose. There is plenty of case law on this point where suppliers and manufacturer's have been held liable despite these clauses' in their conditions of sale. One can never hide or escape from ones own negligence.

Could we post the link to the original post, the locked on, on social media as far and wide as possible. I know there is alot of vaping pages and groups. Not all people vaping is active on this forum.
Just a question. Not sure about legal implication or page rules. But I feel the public should be warned.

Tracy, the self styled "queen of vape" and owner of @Vape Mix has really dropped the ball and missed a golden opportunity. Instead of treating a genuine query in an informative and professional manner, gets all defensive in her "ignorance" despite efforts to help and guide her.

At least those who have been following this on both threads are aware of the ethics of this vendor and are able to make an informed decision before dealing with them. Unfortunately there are many other vapers who are not on the forum and will be taken in by unethical advertising and offers made by this "vendor", putting their lives in danger.

Interesting to note as well that their posts relating to increasing their costs and driving at speed have both been deleted.

They should change their slogan from "making vaping easy" to "Making vaping even more dangerous - an adrenaline rush for everyone".

I want to add that in so far as terms and conditions is concerned it must be borne in mind that a seller can't hide behind"use at your own risk" where their negligence compounded the risk by not taking all steps to satisfy themselves the product they selling is safe if used according to it's design and specific purpose. There is plenty of case law on this point where suppliers and manufacturer's have been held liable despite these clauses' in their conditions of sale. One can never hide or escape from ones own negligence.
Exactly. It'd be like a car dealer selling a Kuga saying "well I drove it around the block once and it didn't catch fire, so it's completely safe".

@Vape Mix
Members are only trying to point out the dangers of selling these batteries, why not pull these from our web site till you are sure they are save? Surely that would not hurt your business by removing a suspect product from your line.
Many customers will not read the warning labels or terms and conditions and will rely on your knowledge and expertise as a vendor to guide there decisions in making a purchase.
By saying "We have tested them in our mods as per previous post, we are very happy with what we have tested so far.. On one is forced to buy these products and using the product myself is testament that I feel its safe..." is by no means a real test of any kind and "I feel its safe" is like saying i feel lucky and will be winning the lotto this week.
Feelings is not science and I do understand that proper battery testing might not be possible for you.
I can only ask that you pull these batteries from your site and stop using them yourself.
If your supplier cant provide you with the necessary specks of these batteries to make an informed decision, sell something ells that you are confident in and have the specks to back it up.
No one got hurt yet and lets keep it that way.

@Vape Mix
Members are only trying to point out the dangers of selling these batteries, why not pull these from our web site till you are sure they are save? Surely that would not hurt your business by removing a suspect product from your line.
Many customers will not read the warning labels or terms and conditions and will rely on your knowledge and expertise as a vendor to guide there decisions in making a purchase.
By saying "We have tested them in our mods as per previous post, we are very happy with what we have tested so far.. On one is forced to buy these products and using the product myself is testament that I feel its safe..." is by no means a real test of any kind and "I feel its safe" is like saying i feel lucky and will be winning the lotto this week.
Feelings is not science and I do understand that proper battery testing might not be possible for you.
I can only ask that you pull these batteries from your site and stop using them yourself.
If your supplier cant provide you with the necessary specks of these batteries to make an informed decision, sell something ells that you are confident in and have the specks to back it up.
No one got hurt yet and lets keep it that way.
it seems as if they bought a shitload of them....

they now know its kak...but unwilling to take a loss... (at the expense of customer safety)

someone with no background knowledge of vaping have no business running a vape shop... As much as it pains me its people like this that will cause severe regulation down the line.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Lmao, on a side note, had a interesting run in at a local market, with a vendor selling these and browns/chocs...

I questioned him, as to what they are for, and he, in broken english, explained that they are for flashlights, eciggarettes etc.

So, i picked em up, and had a good squiz at the codes/lettering on them, and asked if they were genuine or clone?

His puzzled reaction, told me more than a library...

Not that the price @70.00 per batt, including a battery case wasn't enough of a giveaway.

Now, i just wonder, how many this particular gent has sold?

How many 70 buck bombs are floating around out there.

And what will happen when one goes bang, and it ends up on the news locally.

But i guess at the end of the day, it is about human greed.

Two kinds:
The greed on thepart of the seller, hoping that people will buy their fake product, and make him money

And greed on the part of the buyer, who knows batteries are expensive, and this deal is just to good to pass up on.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

Could we post the link to the original post, the locked on, on social media as far and wide as possible. I know there is alot of vaping pages and groups. Not all people vaping is active on this forum.
Just a question. Not sure about legal implication or page rules. But I feel the public should be warned.
Publishing the link on social media would not attract any form of liability in the form of defamation provided the information published is true and in the public interest. In this particular case we would be fine on both fronts. What I would warn against is publishing any of the thread comments which are aimed at the integrity or honesty of the vendor. I personally believe we have every right to warn the inexperienced vape enthusiast who doesn't have the privilege of being privy to the expertise available on our forum. These batteries have the potential to be extremely dangerous or even fatal if they fail.

Here's their response:

Interesting how you guys only read what you want.. "SHIT LOAD OF MONEY SPENT ON CONCENTRATES SO THAT WE COULD GET THEM AT LOW PRICE AND PASS IT ON TO THE END USERS" not on batteries... THEN I said batteries were SAMPLES we got one box of 50... READ THE POSTS... Also until tested and proven that the batteries are shit and unsafe how the F do you assume they are, because of price? SERIOUS.. now if you have more kak to say call me SAMUEL 0823371182 THIS SUBJECT IS NOW CLOSED..

Awesome huh?

Here's their response:

Interesting how you guys only read what you want.. "SHIT LOAD OF MONEY SPENT ON CONCENTRATES SO THAT WE COULD GET THEM AT LOW PRICE AND PASS IT ON TO THE END USERS" not on batteries... THEN I said batteries were SAMPLES we got one box of 50... READ THE POSTS... Also until tested and proven that the batteries are shit and unsafe how the F do you assume they are, because of price? SERIOUS.. now if you have more kak to say call me SAMUEL 0823371182 THIS SUBJECT IS NOW CLOSED..

Awesome huh?
Where was that?
EDIT: Oh, just saw in the other thread

Back