Pods vs MTL RTA

El Capitan

Legend (according to me at least)
LV

Awards
I'm having a moment here due to the quality of the Koko pods not being what they used to be and failing relatively quickly, i.e. after a few days. So the option is to explore other pod devices for something similar (decent coil / pod life and good flavour) or to look at an RTA. My previous experience with a mouth to lung RTA was rather underwhelming as I could never get good flavour out of the Geekvape Ammit, certainly nothing approaching the flavour from any of the Uwell pods.

So knowledgeable ones, what are your thoughts on this? A smaller, easier to carry pod system with half decent life and flavour or a bulky mod and RTA (looking at the Berserker V2)?

Hi @El Capitan

i have 4 RTAs running as MTL
1. Rose
2. Expromiser v4
3. Kayfun V3 mini
4. Skyline with airflow closed down almost fully

they all very good for me
skyline is not a true MTL but turning down the airflow nearly closed makes it very good and that one has a fruity menthol in it. The others are tobaccoes

theyve all been running for a few years as a daily
pitstops are a bit of a pain but I batch them every now and then
getting about 60ml of liquid before wick changes and vape is still good

i can vouch for these RTAs but not sure if they are still available. They’re quite old

haven’t tried the latest pods but I’m very happy with the flavour and throat hit I’m getting from these

Here’s the Fumytech Rose
Glorious MTL. Very rich Flavour. Strong Throat hit
Tight draw
Very reliable.
Tobacco machine of note
It’s my Havana Nightz vape

1B969CF7-5161-406B-A474-003CF510C272.jpeg

Then here is the Expromiser V4
Lovely vape too
Not as deep and rich as Rose but very good. Very quiet.
Drawback is only 2ml capacity but vape and reliability are worth it.

D42BF1B2-784E-4208-BFFB-9D4595DF7476.jpeg

Will upload the others if I get a chance.

Last edited:
Here are the other two

Kayfun V3 Mini
glorious little rta
not as tight draw as I’d like (has a gurgle if you make it too tight) but it’s quite tight
superb flavour
this one handles my tobacco blend with Taviro in it
very reliable

BB6B6D05-9835-46AD-BC43-6D095976391A.jpeg

And lastly, the Skyline
man this is a good tank for flavour
ive turned down the air holes to almost fully closed
flavour is sharp and crystal clear on this tank. Love it
i have a fruity menthol blend in it that includes Panama
this tank has the bubble glass from another tank that fits it. Cant remember which but it increases capacity to about 4ml

A66A647E-7673-42CB-A9DE-9B73571F1ED1.jpeg

My MTL RTAs all have coils around 0.8 to 1 ohm and I fire them quite low at about 15-20 watts

these 4 tanks are true workhorses and have carried me for most of my Vaping over the past few years

(i went off direct lung about 2 yrs ago, only MTL now)

I'm having a moment here due to the quality of the Koko pods not being what they used to be and failing relatively quickly, i.e. after a few days. So the option is to explore other pod devices for something similar (decent coil / pod life and good flavour) or to look at an RTA. My previous experience with a mouth to lung RTA was rather underwhelming as I could never get good flavour out of the Geekvape Ammit, certainly nothing approaching the flavour from any of the Uwell pods.

So knowledgeable ones, what are your thoughts on this? A smaller, easier to carry pod system with half decent life and flavour or a bulky mod and RTA (looking at the Berserker V2)?
Tough question to answer. I'm on MTL RTA's, RDTA's and a berserker RDA. I have stuck with the Galaxies RTDA and still figuring the Helvape MD and oh if I haven't told you yet I like pods. So some of my favorite pod systems is the Miso from Univapo, the Kipo also from Univapo, the Freemax Onnix and the Nevoks Feelin' and all these pods have decent battery life and awesome flavour. Some producing better flavour than a RTA.
Check those out bro. It might just be what you're looking for.

Tough question to answer. I'm on MTL RTA's, RDTA's and a berserker RDA. I have stuck with the Galaxies RTDA and still figuring the Helvape MD and oh if I haven't told you yet I like pods. So some of my favorite pod systems is the Miso from Univapo, the Kipo also from Univapo, the Freemax Onnix and the Nevoks Feelin' and all these pods have decent battery life and awesome flavour. Some producing better flavour than a RTA.
Check those out bro. It might just be what you're looking for.
I'v read good things about the Miso. Where do you find replacement pods though?

inkd vapour can sort you out. My SO has the Miso Pro and I find that one the best of the Miso range. In saying that my mate got of the stinkies with the Kipo and it is his favourite pod. What I like about the Miso pro is that the coils are screw in and don't leak.

I introduced my 40 a day neighbor to the Miso pro and he loves the caramel tobacco from MR JUICE. Problem is he is going through coils at a rate of knots. @adriaanh came to the rescue with a Swag 2 and an Intake MTL. As an intake user as my daily I can only recommend this tank, there is a wide variation of airflow and screw in airflow screws below the coil. You can not go wrong. Also reasonably priced and very easy to build and rewick is the Arbiter solo that can do both MTL and RDL. The flavour is outstanding.

I'v read good things about the Miso. Where do you find replacement pods though?
@vicTor can point you in the right direction. I think i
inked vapour and vapeking are. Regular stockists.

@Stranger I also liked the Kipo. I'm working on getting another one. Load shedding made mine go boom. I didn't go through that much pods, but I vape mostly fruity juices and light creamy fruits.

Back