Poll - Single vs Dual coil

Do you use single or dual coils?

• Total voters
Single.

And for purely financial reasons.

I loved my Griffin but the juice consumption was getting a bit crazy - things have calmed down significantly with my Merlin Mini.

Oh and my batteries last longer.

For my adv's single coils work better. Whether its in the hadaly, stm or sm25. Like others mentioned for me it just processes menthol juices better and gives that "cooling" effect while the fruits pop. In dual coil setups the menthol becomes either harsh or too hot which in turn mutes the fruity tones. And now with exotic coils the clouds can also hold their own.

I do like to have my desserts on colder days in my Goon or Mage, it shines in these devices and just gives you that "saturated" feeling. I also find myself using these devices more than I used to lately, but when I come back to my little hadaly with some XXX it just puts a smile on my face.

I recently did a single coil build on my Ijoy Combo RDTA and was the best flavor i have had from this tank. I then used the RDA deck and built a dual coil and have since only dripped and havent looked back or used the RDTA again even though flavor was great, the RDA dual is even better with flavor.

I need to see if i can use the single build deck and drip using that, cause battery life and flavor....not bothered about steam train clouds much.
Do you have pics of your combo in dripper mod? I am using the classic with the postless deck but find it difficult to get juice to flow into the base. Even tried trimming the cotton really thin, but no joy for the ijoy lol. However I now use the pre-built coil head and that seems to be working great and flavor is on point.

Sent from my Hisense F31 using Tapatalk

On topic, I prefer the duel coil build to single.

Sent from my Hisense F31 using Tapatalk

For my adv's single coils work better. Whether its in the hadaly, stm or sm25. Like others mentioned for me it just processes menthol juices better and gives that "cooling" effect while the fruits pop. In dual coil setups the menthol becomes either harsh or too hot which in turn mutes the fruity tones. And now with exotic coils the clouds can also hold their own.

I do like to have my desserts on colder days in my Goon or Mage, it shines in these devices and just gives you that "saturated" feeling. I also find myself using these devices more than I used to lately, but when I come back to my little hadaly with some XXX it just puts a smile on my face.

I hear you on the warm dual coil / bigger power setup not being that suitable for menthols @Schnappie
I feel exactly the same - prefer a cooler lower power vape for the fruity menthols.

I am not a big dessert fan - but when I do venture into that territory it feels that more power and bigger rigs do it more justice - but I seldom am there.

I also find strong tobaccoes more satisfying in much higher mg and on single coils in MTL format - for that strong punch in the throat. I occasionally vape my tobacco diluted down in the twin coil Avo24 - but it gives a totally different sort of sensation - not a punch - but more of a pleasing gentle rub.

I use both equally. Single coils are great in the Hadaly, Avo and Limitless Plus with the plugs to block off one half of the deck, duals go into the Recoil, Velocity, Virus. Juice consumption is a bit higher on the duals but that's not a problem for me.

For me single coil low wattage works great for my mostly fruity vapes. Its fun to blow big clouds with the odd dual high power setup but it does not last long. The big clouds gets in the way when working or watching TV:wasntme:

I hear you on the warm dual coil / bigger power setup not being that suitable for menthols @Schnappie
I feel exactly the same - prefer a cooler lower power vape for the fruity menthols.

I am not a big dessert fan - but when I do venture into that territory it feels that more power and bigger rigs do it more justice - but I seldom am there.

I also find strong tobaccoes more satisfying in much higher mg and on single coils in MTL format - for that strong punch in the throat. I occasionally vape my tobacco diluted down in the twin coil Avo24 - but it gives a totally different sort of sensation - not a punch - but more of a pleasing gentle rub.
I also enjoy my tobaccos a lot, still after a good mtl tank. Reasonably priced. The Cthulhu mtl was a big fail for me. Always had more juice on my mod than in the tank. But thanks to @Stosta I rediscovered the stm again, so will rewick it this weekend and try a tobacco.

I find it very interesting that a lot of single coil folk also like the Avo in their arsenal. Sounds like a unique flavour rdta

I also enjoy my tobaccos a lot, still after a good mtl tank. Reasonably priced. The Cthulhu mtl was a big fail for me. Always had more juice on my mod than in the tank. But thanks to @Stosta I rediscovered the stm again, so will rewick it this weekend and try a tobacco.

I find it very interesting that a lot of single coil folk also like the Avo in their arsenal. Sounds like a unique flavour rdta

@Schnappie , i still havent found a MTL tank that comes close to the RM2 on the Reo for tobacco juices.
Suppose its not really a fair comparison to compare a bf RDA to a tank
My MTL tobacco vape is the RM2 on Reo Black - and i doubt thats going to change for a long while.

The Nautilus Mini and Nautilus X (with tank extender) are also good and my mom is using both to good effect with tobacco and coffee juices in MTL mode.

Last edited:
@Schnappie , i still havent found a MTL tank that comes close to the RM2 on the Reo for tobacco juices.
Suppose its not really a fair comparison to compare a bf RDA to a tank
My MTL tobacco vape is the RM2 on Reo Black - and i doubt thats going to change for a long while.

The Nautilus Mini and Nautilus X (with tank extender) are also good and my mom is using both to good effect with tobacco and coffee juices in MTL mode to good effect.
Thanks I will definitely look into it. Sometimes my lungs are just not ready for those big hits in the morning

Cool Poll.

Personally I use dual coil more often than single. The contact area with the liquid is better, and when building it's fun to fiddle with them to get them firing evenly. Although Quad coil builds have given me incredible results as well.

interesting poll result so far

If one adds up the single only and more single options, then single is in the lead

But its quite even though with many using duals

interesting poll result so far

If one adds up the single only and more single options, then single is in the lead

But its quite even though with many using duals
I noticed that too. While I don't have a big problem with FOMO usually, this poll has definitely motivated me to play around a lot more with single coil builds. Just a pity I have the SM25 working nicely in dual coil mode. Guess I need to get another single coil atomizer.

I noticed that too. While I don't have a big problem with FOMO usually, this poll has definitely motivated me to play around a lot more with single coil builds. Just a pity I have the SM25 working nicely in dual coil mode. Guess I need to get another single coil atomizer.

I doubt there is anything major you are missing (vape wise) on single coils
Its just less vape (to me) - and the other benefits of easier maintenance and battery life

Personally I have been doing everything single coil lately...

Griffin mini, single coil, with plug.

Tfv4mini, single coil with airflow restriction plug in place.

I find single coil ramps up faster, and is better for nice short (2 second) drags with flavourful bursts and a cool soothing vape.

Dual coils tend to create too warm a vape to my liking, on both the atomizer, drip tip and the actual vapour.

That being said, i am eagerly awaiting delivery of the Nautilus2... i will post thoughts once received in the appropriate thread.

Single coils for the win for me... 27-30 watts... anywhere from 0.3Ω to 0.6Ω :h:

Fingers crossed, finally got a good wicking into the SM25 single deck. It's a 5 wrap flatwire flapton, 0.3 ohms, 3mm ID and the flavor and clouds are incredibubble!

Used the bow tie method but went really minimal with the amount of cotton going into the juice wells. I was convinced it was going to leak, but so far, so good.

Sometimes it's worthwhile to listen to those that know better than you :rock:

I only did Single Coils when I began and sometimes still prefer single in most setups. BUT Since I got an RDA I have been enjoying desserty jooses more with a dual setup.

I cant confidently say at this stage that I prefer either or, I like both at different times for different purposes depending on Joose and Setup combination.

Single.

And for purely financial reasons.

I loved my Griffin but the juice consumption was getting a bit crazy - things have calmed down significantly with my Merlin Mini.

Oh and my batteries last longer.
Great to hear someone else's Griffin was drinking juice like a V12 Mustang. I am going to spoil myself this July in Bloemfontein kitting myself out with a new mod and merlin mini.

Use single coil in the Serpent mini 25 and use dual coils in the Mad Dog RDA

Use single coil in the Serpent mini 25 and use dual coils in the Mad Dog RDA
I am a fan of single coil atties. I can't see myself changing anytime soon. Wick and coil simple. Fits right into my experience level.

I tend to prefer dual builds, but have many single coil atty's that can get it done in spades too. I tend to do dual builds in atty's that can do them instead of single coils in them as their FD by design if well designed is more for dual than single builds to me. But the atty's fluid dynamics, the DIY it will run and the build for them to work together to my personal tastes are the atty, build, joose combo's that are the mark of all my perfect vapes.

Back