Possibly Shorted My Twisp Battery

@bjorn.
Nice to see another PE member
check out eccigies.co.za/agents.
Very friendly lady in PE.
Hester if memory serves.
She should have local ego stock for you.
Im getting some spare coils from her on thursday or friday when im back in town.drop me a message and u can try out my mvp 2.0 variable to get a feel for vv/vw if u like

do the ego's use the same coils as twisp? i hate having to drive halfway across town and pay R40 for the things every 2 - 3 weeks. really want to figure out how to replace those wicks.

i was playing with the idea for a while to start one but just got busy with... life. glad to see there is one now and make contact with other saffa vapers.

I think it was started about September/October last year

All the threads should be compatible, but I tried a twisp tank on the mvp and it didnt fire a d I wasnt too keen on messing with store stock by pulling contacts out etc...
I will also be getting some kanthal very soon to start rebuilding my protank 2 coils as im tired of replacing

@annemarievdh ok, that was after i was doing research about the stuff. are you the owner of vape king?

o ok. sorry, double question there. we reply at the same time :p

lol, after all this, i just fixed my twisp battery.

hey, learnt something at least and i have taken the first step to something better.

thanks again for all the help. this must be the friendliest forum i've ever been on.

inside the battery unit, there is a hardish white substance over all the soldering points. i carefully scraped it away and found one of the solder points have come undone. tested it and it works. just need to do some very, very fine soldering work on it and it's good to go again.

hey i've been wanting one of those variable batteries for a while and the twisp has been giving me grief since day one, so, at least i'm on the right path now. PLUS, i convinced my brother to join in, so double ++

inside the battery unit, there is a hardish white substance over all the soldering points. i carefully scraped it away and found one of the solder points have come undone. tested it and it works. just need to do some very, very fine soldering work on it and it's good to go again.

hey i've been wanting one of those variable batteries for a while and the twisp has been giving me grief since day one, so, at least i'm on the right path now. PLUS, i convinced my brother to join in, so double ++

Be careful, it doesn't stop at vv batteries... :-D ask me (or anyone else on the forum for that matter)

haha, i'm sure it won't hey. i've been working with a developer in the us and he is big into this stuff. have been eye'ing his fancy mods on facebook. i just didn't realise it was available in SA!!

haha, i'm sure it won't hey. i've been working with a developer in the us and he is big into this stuff. have been eye'ing his fancy mods on facebook. i just didn't realise it was available in SA!!

If you are looking to upgrade, check www.vapeclub.co.za Their group buy deals are very well priced. ;) They are still new, but will stock more products as they grow.

Or you could just PM them. Their usernames on the forum are @JakesSA and @VapeGrrl

aahhh. my girlfriend still owes me a birthday present :)

The Mod guys on here will do better to explain it to you. From what I have heard the Vamo V5 is a good piece of kit.

nice. well, i think you guys pretty much cleared everything up for me today. i understand way better now how all this stuff fits together.

nice. well, i think you guys pretty much cleared everything up for me today. i understand way better now how all this stuff fits together.

This is only the beginning... Someone on here has a matrix quote in his signature. "Let me show you how deep this rabbit hole goes..." Trust me, it's DEEP. :-D

well, i have a habit of overindulging in hobbies. from downhill skating to bonsai and now vaping.

The Mod guys on here will do better to explain it to you. From what I have heard the Vamo V5 is a good piece of kit.
If you get the Vamo V5, go for the stainless steel one. The newest versions of the chromed ones have been giving lots of trouble.

well, i have a habit of overindulging in hobbies. from downhill skating to bonsai and now vaping.

I hear you... mine is Rotary engines, nitro powered RC cars and now vaping too... and my wife is loving it...:rolleyes:

Back