Post-Lockdown Fasttech GB

I got a response from Fasttech, they can remove the battery before shipping if you still want that pipe.
Most excellent! Thank you sir. Yes, definitely.

You may need to purchase the other AF inserts separately.
Uhm, as I am one of these. What is a AF insert?? Just so I can add it when the time comes.

MTL or DTL, they may differ.
At this point it seems that there are inserts available for the MTL version only. I have not idea if that may change, but for now there is no option to add additional inserts for the DL version.

This is from KHW's site

INSERTS ONLY FIT THE DL FL!

2x2mm=2,83mm

2×2,5mm=3,54mm

2x3mm=4,24mm

Blank is for DIY drilling.

I see these are 2X2mm and 2X3mm holes, which seem kind of huge for an MTL draw? The one that comes with the DL option is a 2x2.5mm.
The DL extra inserts for the authentic (on KHW site) are also 2X2mm and 2x3mm. Guess it is a case of buying and hoping.

Okay everyone, I tried to add a poll to the thread, but I'm obviously too daft to find the poll option for an existing thread.

With quite a few people receiving vape mail hardware during the lockdown, it seems like hardware isn't exactly on the hit-list at the moment. My question to all those who have opted in for the GB is:
1) Keep the plan to wait for the ban to end (which might very well only be in 2021).
2) Screw it and do it ASAP?

Due to my lack of polling skills, please give this post a thumbs up for NOW and laugh for LATER AFTER THE BAN.

Okay everyone, I tried to add a poll to the thread, but I'm obviously too daft to find the poll option for an existing thread.

With quite a few people receiving vape mail hardware during the lockdown, it seems like hardware isn't exactly on the hit-list at the moment. My question to all those who have opted in for the GB is:
1) Keep the plan to wait for the ban to end (which might very well only be in 2021).
2) Screw it and do it ASAP?

Due to my lack of polling skills, please give this post a thumbs up for NOW and laugh for LATER AFTER THE BAN.

As per government-gazette-ZA-vol-661-no-43521-dated-2020-07-12

Regulation 45
"Tobacco products, e- cigarettes and related products
45. (1) The sale of tobacco, tobacco products, e- cigarettes and related
products
to members of the public and to persons including retailers who sell directly
to the members of the public, is prohibited.
(2) The sale of tobacco, tobacco products, e- cigarettes and related
products for export, is permitted.
(3) The sale of tobacco from farmers to local processors or local
manufacturers, and from processors to manufacturers, is permitted. ".

So technically, buying ecigs isnt prohibited, only the selling in SA.
That said, customs may try to trek slim with you.

Okay ladies and gents, I am in a pickle here.
There is a clear split between NOW and LATER (I was really hoping for either unanimous, or too close to call), so what am I to do now?
I really do not want to leave anyone behind, but I also do not want someone to lose out on a popular item that gets sold out before we buy (this is a concern of my own for the Aromamizer V2 as well).
I have been speaking to a number of people who have been receiving vape mail all throughout the lockdown, uncle Rob included, who said that no hardware has had any issues getting through customs. My last Fasttech parcel was rather big with 6 RTA's, 3 RDA's, a mod, coils, cotton, spare glasses, insulators etc etc and came through with no issues. Then there is the case of all the Reload 26's coming in mid lock down and lots of guys still getting review products.
My personal feeling is that as long as we have no liquids included (which we obviously won't), it will be perfectly fine.
For those of you that opted for later, please shoot me a PM and let me know why. I don't want to be insensitive towards whatever your situation is that made you vote for later, so I want to get an idea of where we are at.
I think regardless of what the decision will be, I would like everyone who has a list ready to start sending it to me by Monday.
You are welcome to paste the list here as well, but please send me your list via PM, along with an indication of whether you want to collect from me, have it couriered or if you are making some sort of arrangement like @Ruwaid suggested (one guy collects from me and those closer to him collects from him in turn).
The process to get everything lined up and running smoothly takes a little while anyway, so in the event that we do decide to proceed before the lock down is lifted, all of those who decline to participate will have the opportunity to jump back in up until the very last moment if they choose to.
If you are dead-set on waiting (if we go ahead sooner), my original statement remains, that you only need 5 participants to make DHL as cheap as individual PostNL purchases would have been, so even if you choose not to particiate, there is no reason why you can't do a separate and smaller GB later.
Thanks everyone and please remember that I am trying the impossible here, which is to keep everyone in a group of (relative) strangers happy at the same time.
I will also post an update on how payment arrangements will work (for those who missed the last GB, or need a refresher) shortly.

In terms of payment, I need some input from you guys as well...
I knew PayPal has an upcharge on the exchange rate, so I went to look and their EX upcharge is 4%. There is a 5% paypal fee, but that is carried by the seller.
so here is what I was thinking in terms of calculation:
Your $ amount for items + $ share of shipping times (exhange rate*1.04). Add to this:
Your $ times exchange rate, times 1.15 (for vat), this will be paid via credit card to DHL, so no Paypal upcharge applies.
Add to this the R99 courier fee (if applicable) and that will be your total owed as a starting point.
I will make a note of the EX Rate on the day of receipt and the day of payment to Fasttech (we should try and coordinate this as closely together as possible) and note any discrepancies. I will also make note of the DHL duties fee on the day that I pay it and work out what each person’s actual share thereof is. If there is a discrepancy here and or at the EX Rate, we will settle amounts owed either way before a parcel is collected or couriered.
Guys from the last GB will recall that I continuously update and post sheets in the thread, so you and everyone else will be able to monitor everything related to costs and fees.
Everyone happy doing it this way?
How the hell did I get myself back into this, I swore after the last one that I will never take charge of one of these again! Lol.

Sorry, just saw I posted a bull excrement calculation for the vat... that should end with a MINUS the $ amount times the EX rate. We are only looking for the .15% to add to the prior PP amount.

Sorry, just saw I posted a bull excrement calculation for the vat... that should end with a MINUS the $ amount times the EX rate. We are only looking for the .15% to add to the prior PP amount.

Was wondering about this but figured twas a bietjie finger trouble :D

So in essence

-Take your dollar total including pro rata shipping
-Multiply by 1.04
-Multiply by exchange rate (USD/ZAR)
-Add 15% of your dollar total times exchange rate for VAT
-Add a R99 local courier fee for local courier if you're not collecting

And Bobs your uncle

PS why is my cart $100 and I haven't even bought an atty or mod :eek::facepalm:

Hi AGAIN guys
One of the members is concerned about the listed ETA times on the FT website and doesn’t want to hold up the order.
I need to make this clear early on: everything into and out of China is sloooow at the moment, so everyone will need to be a little patient. ETA’s of 7 working days will be the norm, rather than exception and you can expect a couple of days delay once the order shows “ready to ship”. The bonus here is using DHL, which cuta out the additional 6-8 weeks in shipping if we were to use the post office.

Ordering from overseas should not give you any issues. I have received numerous parcels for review as well as two personal orders from 3avape and heavengifts.
I just placed another order for me and @Ruwaid a few days back from Heavengifts for some MTL RTA's and already received a DHL tracking.

Ordering from overseas should not give you any issues. I have received numerous parcels for review as well as two personal orders from 3avape and heavengifts.
I just placed another order for me and @Ruwaid a few days back from Heavengifts for some MTL RTA's and already received a DHL tracking.
Thanks @KZOR it really does seem like hardware is no issue at all.

Any idea why my cart says this when trying to check shipping? 15960978825458757033555376226667.jpg

Under DHL option it states 'e-cigarettes are banned in your shipping country'

Back