Premade DIY Juice to try

darryn.britton

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
(Not sure if a "Wanted" for DIY juice is allowed - couldn't find anything in the rules? If it isn't then please let me know or if the mods could please delete it?)

So I've just started the DIY route and am looking to order a few concentrates. I've done some research on recipes and the variation and number of concentrates used is rather daunting. There are certain recipes that claim to be amazing but they've got stuff like cracker base and cactus and EM and innumerable other weird and wonderful things in and I'm worried that I drop a whole bunch of cash and end up with recipes or concentrates that I don't enjoy at all?

I figured rather than buy a ton of concentrates that could possibly end up being wasted I'd first check here to see if any fellow vapers have any fruit (or even dessert?) DIY juices they've made that they consider an ADV and wouldn't mind selling me some - hopefully along with an idea of the recipe?

I know it's a very cheeky request given they've taken the cost and time to make the juice themselves but I'm hoping it'll give me an idea of what concentrates I should focus on and I'll obviously happily reciprocate with giving away or trading or selling anything I make that I consider worthy. Kinda like a DIY juice trade group I guess?

I know for a fact that I would like to try create a strawberry+kiwi based recipe first up - I've tried 2 different juices based on those 2 ingredients and they're far and away my favourite so far.

Item wanted
: DIY Juice - prefer fruit flavours but happy to try dessert too - ~30/70 @ 3mg ideal
Price Preference: ~R1-2 per ml?
Condition: Great :D
Age of the item: Nicely steeped I guess? :p
Location of item: Must be JHB - preferably East Rand
Delivery/Collection: Collection only
Reason: Paranoid and lazy I guess?

Last edited:
If you going to DIY clones off international Desert recipes you are going to need ALOT of flavor concentrates o_O. a mate of mine has over 80 concentrates and using the recipe calculator online he can only make 4 recipes with all those so yeah.:tiburon:
If i were you I would do my research thoroughly on recipes before buying just any DIY concentrate.

If you going to DIY clones off international Desert recipes you are going to need ALOT of flavor concentrates o_O. a mate of mine has over 80 concentrates and using the recipe calculator online he can only make 4 recipes with all those so yeah.
If i were you I would do my research thoroughly on recipes before buying just any DIY concentrate.
This is exactly why I posted this thread... I'd ideally like to research by trying interesting recipes other vapers have created and then buying concentrates based off of that.

If you're ever keen to come to Centurion or ship I'll be able to help with like 3 of my ADV's which I rotate.

What would, in your view, be an acceptable number of concentrates to take a chance on? If someone liked fruit/dessert flavours and wanted to try out DIY for themselves, I would recommend buying:
TFA Strawberry
TFA Strawberry Ripe
TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
TFA Dragonfruit
TFA Vanilla Swirl
TFA Bavarian Cream
TFA Banana Cream

Those eight concentrates, bought from Carlos's Concoctions, would cost you R256. With just those eight concentrates, you could make:
Mustard Milk
Strawberry Cheesecake
Bombies 'Nana Cream (substitute TFA Banana Cream for the LorAnn version)
Sucker Punch Clone
Girl with the Dragon Cheesecake
God Milk
Mother of Dragons' Milk

That's seven top recipes. Yes, they're similar-ish profiles but they're within your fruit/dessert preference. If you don't like at least three of them a lot, and don't find the others to be at least vapable, then DIY is not for you. I have tried all those recipes and they're all good. Maybe not my favourites but they're more than acceptable and all are highly rated by others too.

R256 is less than you'd pay for 2x30ml average commercial juices. And you will make a LOT more than 60ml of the above juices with the concentrates listed, probably more like 300ml+. Sure, you'd have to buy some nic, VG, PG, basic implements like syringes and bottles to mix with. But you are virtually guaranteed that you'll end up with a lot more usable juice than you'd have got spending the same amount on commercial juices.

If you like the results, you can then buy a scale (highly recommended), start expanding your concentrate stock and head down the rabbit-hole that is DIY. If you absolutely can't stand the results and decide that DIY is not for you, just sell the concentrates you have left over. Those eight flavours are among the most popular, DIYers will snap them up.

What would, in your view, be an acceptable number of concentrates to take a chance on? If someone liked fruit/dessert flavours and wanted to try out DIY for themselves, I would recommend buying:
TFA Strawberry
TFA Strawberry Ripe
TFA Dragonfruit
TFA Vanilla Swirl
TFA Bavarian Cream
TFA Banana Cream

Those eight concentrates, bought from Carlos's Concoctions, would cost you R256. With just those eight concentrates, you could make:
Mustard Milk
Strawberry Cheesecake
Sucker Punch Clone
God Milk
Mother of Dragons' Milk

That's seven top recipes. Yes, they're similar-ish profiles but they're within your fruit/dessert preference. If you don't like at least three of them a lot, and don't find the others to be at least vapable, then DIY is not for you. I have tried all those recipes and they're all good. Maybe not my favourites but they're more than acceptable and all are highly rated by others too.

R256 is less than you'd pay for 2x30ml average commercial juices. And you will make a LOT more than 60ml of the above juices with the concentrates listed, probably more like 300ml+. Sure, you'd have to buy some nic, VG, PG, basic implements like syringes and bottles to mix with. But you are virtually guaranteed that you'll end up with a lot more usable juice than you'd have got spending the same amount on commercial juices.

If you like the results, you can then buy a scale (highly recommended), start expanding your concentrate stock and head down the rabbit-hole that is DIY. If you absolutely can't stand the results and decide that DIY is not for you, just sell the concentrates you have left over. Those eight flavours are among the most popular, DIYers will snap them up.
For me those are all dessert juices.

TFA Strawberry
TFA Strawberry Ripe
TFA Dragonfruit
TFA Vanilla Swirl
TFA Bavarian Cream
TFA Banana Cream

Mustard Milk
Strawberry Cheesecake
Sucker Punch Clone
God Milk
Mother of Dragons' Milk

Damn dude what a comprehensive and informative post - thank you so much for taking the time!

I have to admit that I don't think I've tasted any of those juices so I'm really not sure if they're to my taste, but they certainly seem worth trying at only R256 - that's really good value! Also, as you say, if I don't like it I can always sell them and recoup a bit of cash.

I did try Vape King's Cheesecake juice and I really don't like it... not knocking them at all but it really isn't my type of taste. Are the juices you listed of similar taste? I think it's that buttery, sweet taste I don't like.

Thanks again man... I'm gonna investigate those recipes you posted and see which looks good and easy to make and perhaps start with a couple to test out.

I did try Vape King's Cheesecake juice and I really don't like it... not knocking them at all but it really isn't my type of taste. Are the juices you listed of similar taste? I think it's that buttery, sweet taste I don't like.

I haven't tried that Vape King juice. But if it's a standard cheesecake profile and you don't like it, then there is a high probability that similar desserts and bakeries won't be to your liking. As @Andre says, these are dessert profiles with a strawberry, dragonfruit or banana top note.

Pure fruit mixes are a bit trickier with few concentrates because mixers tend to use a broader range of flavours. I could cite Sancho (TFA Peach and Pineapple), Mike's Melons (TFA Cantaloupe, Mango and Papaya) and 6% Tiger's Blood (TFA Coconut, Strawberry and Watermelon) as three of the top beginner fruit recipes on ELR. But then you're at 8 flavours already and there aren't many other recipes you can make with just those ingredients. If you love the strawberry/kiwi combo, I could recommend Kanzi Clone (FA Kiwi and Watermelon, TFA Strawberry Ripe, Sweetener) and Strawberry Kiwi with Lychee (FA Kiwi, TFA Strawberry and Strawberry Ripe, FW Lychee) but then you're at six concentrates for just two juices - and you won't find much else that uses FW Lychee. For other highly rated strawb/kiwi concoctions like Kubba Bubba or Screwed Kanzi Clone, I won't even go there because look at how many concentrates they need.

As fruits are the single largest category of flavours, and because mixers are generally so specific in their brand preference for fruit combinations, your fruit concentrates will balloon quickly. If you want to make a blueberry mix, for example, Enyawreklaw will recommend FA Bilberry, NotCharlesManson swears by FW Blueberry, other mixers prefer TFA Blueberry Extra or Wild or Candy. And most will craft their blueberry by adding two or more blueberry flavours together. So before you know it, you'll have 30-40 fruit flavours and you've barely started yet.

Maybe the best approach would be to look through the recipes which use TFA Strawberry Ripe, Cap Sweet Strawberry, FA Kiwi and TFA Kiwi Double at ELR. Open the Recipes tab for each flavour and then click on the Rating heading. That will re-sort the recipes by rating, with the highest rated recipes first. By going through the recipes you fancy and noting which other concentrates are used commonly with these, you may be able to compile a number of good strawberry/kiwi mixes with just a few extra concentrates.

Chirping in from CPT. Mikes Melons bro. Youre looking for easy fruit mixes, I dont think it gets any easier than this (with still getting a well rounded juice):

TFA Mango 5%
TFA Papaya 5%
TFA Cantaloupe 5%

Papaya takes the foreground but its delicious (IMO) - if you dont like Papaya (PawPaw) - don't make it. Throw in 10mls of each concentrate and you can make 200mls. The concentrates will cost you under R150.

Good luck sir.

I haven't tried that Vape King juice. But if it's a standard cheesecake profile and you don't like it, then there is a high probability that similar desserts and bakeries won't be to your liking. As @Andre says, these are dessert profiles with a strawberry, dragonfruit or banana top note.
This is in large the reason I'm wary about taking the top recipes and going with them - it may just be that I don't actually like dessert juices? Or maybe I've just not found the right one - but from the handful I've tried (chocolate, caramel, cheesecake etc) I haven't liked a single one. I found this recipe that looks promising and doesn't require too many ingredients, plus 3 of the concentrates I could always re-use in fruit recipes.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/489786/Flawless: Aftermath clone by DUNKNDRIP

Pure fruit mixes are a bit trickier with few concentrates because mixers tend to use a broader range of flavours. I could cite Sancho (TFA Peach and Pineapple), Mike's Melons (TFA Cantaloupe, Mango and Papaya) and 6% Tiger's Blood (TFA Coconut, Strawberry and Watermelon) as three of the top beginner fruit recipes on ELR. But then you're at 8 flavours already and there aren't many other recipes you can make with just those ingredients. If you love the strawberry/kiwi combo, I could recommend Kanzi Clone (FA Kiwi and Watermelon, TFA Strawberry Ripe, Sweetener) and Strawberry Kiwi with Lychee (FA Kiwi, TFA Strawberry and Strawberry Ripe, FW Lychee) but then you're at six concentrates for just two juices - and you won't find much else that uses FW Lychee. For other highly rated strawb/kiwi concoctions like Kubba Bubba or Screwed Kanzi Clone, I won't even go there because look at how many concentrates they need.
I found that Kanzi recipe first up and am keen to give it a shot. As you say though, the flavours can't really all be used in recipes so if I don't like the flavours then I've got to try something else. I'm pretty sure I will enjoy them though.
As fruits are the single largest category of flavours, and because mixers are generally so specific in their brand preference for fruit combinations, your fruit concentrates will balloon quickly. If you want to make a blueberry mix, for example, Enyawreklaw will recommend FA Bilberry, NotCharlesManson swears by FW Blueberry, other mixers prefer TFA Blueberry Extra or Wild or Candy. And most will craft their blueberry by adding two or more blueberry flavours together. So before you know it, you'll have 30-40 fruit flavours and you've barely started yet.

Maybe the best approach would be to look through the recipes which use TFA Strawberry Ripe, Cap Sweet Strawberry, FA Kiwi and TFA Kiwi Double at ELR. Open the Recipes tab for each flavour and then click on the Rating heading. That will re-sort the recipes by rating, with the highest rated recipes first. By going through the recipes you fancy and noting which other concentrates are used commonly with these, you may be able to compile a number of good strawberry/kiwi mixes with just a few extra concentrates.
Thanks man I'll definitely do so. I've had a few hits from generous vapers on here to buy and sample some of their ADV juices so I think I'll do that as well as buying the concentrates to make those Kanzi and Melons clone recipes - I'm positive those will be winners and shouldn't cost too much up front.

Thanks again for all the help!

Chirping in from CPT. Mikes Melons bro. Youre looking for easy fruit mixes, I dont think it gets any easier than this (with still getting a well rounded juice):

TFA Mango 5%
TFA Papaya 5%
TFA Cantaloupe 5%

Papaya takes the foreground but its delicious (IMO) - if you dont like Papaya (PawPaw) - don't make it. Throw in 10mls of each concentrate and you can make 200mls. The concentrates will cost you under R150.

Good luck sir.
Thanks bud that sounds dead simple and I'm sure I'll like it. Have tried a similar local juice and loved it.

I found this recipe that looks promising and doesn't require too many ingredients, plus 3 of the concentrates I could always re-use in fruit recipes.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/489786/Flawless: Aftermath clone by DUNKNDRIP

Cap Glazed Doughnut *ominous music begins*. :D

You might like it. Let's just say that not many top mixers do. The Berry Crunch (if you like cereal), Blueberry Extra and Sweetener will all be handy. The FW Vanilla Bean Ice Cream isn't widely used but can be used in place of the more popular TFA and Capella versions without changing the recipe too much.

If you like fruits, a popular starting collection would be:

FA Fuji (apple), Apricot, Bilberry, White Peach, Kiwi, Watermelon, Pear, Blackcurrant, Forrest Mix, Coconut, Tanger (Mandarin), Orange
TFA Strawberry, Strawberry Ripe, Dragonfruit, Blueberry Extra, Kiwi Double, Pear, Honeydew (the original, not the II version), Raspberry Sweet, Papaya
FW Blueberry, Blood Orange, White Grape
Cap Sweet Strawberry, Golden Pineapple, Sweet Mango, Harvest Berry, Honeydew Melon
Inw Mango, Raspberry (Malina, not Wera), Grapes, Pear, Pineapple, Shisha Strawberry, Lime
Jungle Flavors (JF) Honeydew Melon, Honey Peach, Fuji, Strawberry Sweet
LorAnn Watermelon

I've missed some and everybody will have their own faves but these are generally highly rated and commonly used by mixers. Also note that if you want to try making your own recipes, most top mixers mix two or more similar fruit flavours together (such as TFA Strawberry Ripe and Cap Sweet Strawberry) to get the profile they want. So it's unlikely you'll end up with just one flavour of any particular fruit. Count on two and possibly three or more. For strawberries, for example, most mixers will have TFA Strawb and Ripe, Cap Sweet, FA Red Touch, Inw Shisha and JF Strawberry Sweet. Them's the breaks in DIY. You don't have to get them all - but we invariably end up doing so. :p

Back