Pretty Please Customs.... Dont Open This :p

My Apologies, I see now that the custom code covers all manner of electronic cigarette stuff, including e-liquid - could have sworn that wasn't there a few months ago :rolleyes:

I think my SARS doc is just out of date
8543.70 9 - Other machines and apparatus

I think my SARS doc is just out of date
8543.70 9 - Other machines and apparatus
Those include , but not limited to machines like dialysis etc used in medical field . They classify ecigs as medical devices.

Ah, and just checked post....
2 slips from customs out of the us. I've only got 2 orders from there. 60ml of 10% nic, and wires for my ithaka woth smoktech scar

Oooooooooh happy dance!!!!!

11/08/2013 - Friday
7:09 pm
At local FedEx facility
JOHANNESBURG ZA
5:32 pm
Delivery exception
JOHANNESBURG ZA

Package at station, arrived after courier dispatch
International shipment release - Import
JOHANNESBURG ZA

Oooooooooh happy dance!!!!!

11/08/2013 - Friday
7:09 pm
At local FedEx facility
JOHANNESBURG ZA
Delivery exception
JOHANNESBURG ZA

Package at station, arrived after courier dispatch
International shipment release - Import
JOHANNESBURG ZA
Booyakasha!

gotta love it! The value of the invoice is R871.00 however I am being charged R1005 for tax because of the inspection - oh SA government how I love thee :mad:

Ouch!!!!!!
Did they give a breakdown of that invoice? How did they get to 1005?

yip here is the breakdown

I asked them to explain and this is what they said:

You are importing a shipment with a value of ZAR 500.00 which as per government legislation it will attract Vat and you are importing nicotine that attract Duty as per commodity, we have nicotine in the country that is sold.

There was a Customs stop and a Customs official was sent out to inspect this shipment for Port of Health to inspect that your shipment is safe for use, that fee is payable by the client and that is why we charged you for it.

Supaswift (Pty) Ltd will charge a Processing and Disbursement fee to clear these shipments on your behalf to South African Customs and this fee is for the electronic systems that is being used ,which was previously paid by Fedex directly.

Attachments

• 000001.pdf
    272.9 KB · Views: 14
Ok WTF , i had a package arrive on Friday from the same vendor ( Mt Baker Vapor ) total declared value $113.00 and i didn't have to pay a cent ! Ok mine didnt get stopped by customs because it was just flavors no nic base , but still 1K is ridiculous.

Ok WTF , i had a package arrive on Friday from the same vendor ( Mt Baker Vapor ) total declared value $113.00 and i didn't have to pay a cent ! Ok mine didnt get stopped by customs because it was just flavors no nic base , but still 1K is ridiculous.

It is ridiculous, I am so so so hesitant to pay! Although i really want it that amount is just depressing!

Seeing as they are saying that nicotine is locally available, perhaps ask them "Where?" :)

ok so its paid and my heart just broke a little :p Super excited to try my hand at this mixing thing though :D

Tell me about it my bank account is a sad panda

Back