Quick question thread

I also run the 1.6 ohm coils at 10W. Any higher and it gets blegh.
However, @Spongebob - check the resistance on a mod. The Aspire BVC coils are known for not being on par with their resistance. My 1.6 ohm coils often come in at 1.75.
I've noticef that too.... Sometimes when i fire it reads 1.75 and the next it reads 1.84 even if i unscrew the tank and screw back i get a different reading every time?

What is thr most popular coil for the Nautilus? The 1.6? What manufacturer?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

I'm curious, is there any specific reason for the order?
Yes, I use 100 mg nic so like to make sure it is correct. If not I can correct as it goes first. Also an expensive ingredient. And I like to cover it with PG as soon as possible to prevent any possible deterioration. Besides that rationalization, it is the way I started!:).

Hi @Silver
I run the 1.8 ohm Aspire BVC coils, rated at 4.2 to 5 volts on the coil? although it might be my style of vaping as well? Since i started vaping i always " double clutch" as one puff doesn't seem to give enough satisfaction?

If a 1.8'ohm coil is rated at 4.2V to 5V, then its around 10-14 Watts of power
( Ohms law: power = Vsquared / R )

If you feel like you need a bit more, I suggest you try a setup that has a bit more intensity. Will probably satisfy you more.

As a matter of interest, what mg strength juice are you using in the Nautilus Mini?

And whats its PG/VG ratio? Maybe the liquid is too thick and its not wicking properly and that could be the cause of your burnt taste?

If a 1.8'ohm coil is rated at 4.2V to 5V, then its around 10-14 Watts of power
( Ohms law: power = Vsquared / R )

If you feel like you need a bit more, I suggest you try a setup that has a bit more intensity. Will probably satisfy you more.

As a matter of interest, what mg strength juice are you using in the Nautilus Mini?

And whats its PG/VG ratio? Maybe the liquid is too thick and its not wicking properly and that could be the cause of your burnt taste?
I have the Melo III setup too but prefer me Nautilus and Justfog? I use mostly 12 and 18 mg juices, and most i buy are 70/30 VG?

Hence the thought to increase the wattage a bit for more nic delivery/throat hit?

I have the Melo III setup too but prefer me Nautilus and Justfog? I use mostly 12 and 18 mg juices, and most i buy are 70/30 VG?

Hence the thought to increase the wattage a bit for more nic delivery/throat hit?

Ah ok, then 12 and 18mg are great.
You might want to try a thinner juice, maybe a 50/50 - might wick a bit faster and give you more satisfaction. Not sure though.

What airhole setting are you using on the Nautilus Mini and are you doing mouth to lung or direct lung hits?

Hi all
does anybody know where I can get resin blocks if I want to make my own drip tips?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ah ok, then 12 and 18mg are great.
You might want to try a thinner juice, maybe a 50/50 - might wick a bit faster and give you more satisfaction. Not sure though.

What airhole setting are you using on the Nautilus Mini and are you doing mouth to lung or direct lung hits?
Where to find 50/50 "commercial" juice is the question though, as most commercial juices seem to be 70/30?

I use the 2nd smallest airhole

Where to find 50/50 "commercial" juice is the question though, as most commercial juices seem to be 70/30?

I use the 2nd smallest airhole

I hear you @Spongebob and feel your pain
There are very few juice manufactirers that still make 18mg 50/50 juices for the "older" lower power devices. I get mine from Vapour Mountain. Nice thing is you can specify what PG/VG ratio and what nic. That said, if you ask other juice manufacturers directly, some might be able to make you a custom order.

Another thing you can do is mix a bit of 18mg PG nic into your juice and although it might dilute the flavour slightly, you can thin it out without diluting the nic strength.

That Nautilus Mini is a great flavour MTL device. Not too many commercial coil MTL devices around and none I have tried that are considerably better or more intense.

My MTL choice is the Reo/RM2 but its not commercial coil - its a rebuildable. But its extremely satisfying and with 18mg its potent. Maybe consider something like that and you might just be very happy. Incidentally, my mom (who has the Nautilus Mini) also has a reo/rm2 for her tobaccoes and she loves it dearly.

I hear you @Spongebob and feel your pain
There are very few juice manufactirers that still make 18mg 50/50 juices for the "older" lower power devices. I get mine from Vapour Mountain. Nice thing is you can specify what PG/VG ratio and what nic. That said, if you ask other juice manufacturers directly, some might be able to make you a custom order.

Another thing you can do is mix a bit of 18mg PG nic into your juice and although it might dilute the flavour slightly, you can thin it out without diluting the nic strength.

That Nautilus Mini is a great flavour MTL device. Not too many commercial coil MTL devices around and none I have tried that are considerably better or more intense.

My MTL choice is the Reo/RM2 but its not commercial coil - its a rebuildable. But its extremely satisfying and with 18mg its potent. Maybe consider something like that and you might just be very happy. Incidentally, my mom (who has the Nautilus Mini) also has a reo/rm2 for her tobaccoes and she loves it dearly.
I remember some years back when i started Lung Buddy used to have 24mg juices although again high VG.... Wonder if they still do as they were more "satisfying"?

Was also wondering if i could buy concentrated nic and add a drop or two to every tank/bottle of juice? If so, what strength nic concentrate should i get?

I remember some years back when i started Lung Buddy used to have 24mg juices although again high VG.... Wonder if they still do as they were more "satisfying"?

Was also wondering if i could buy concentrated nic and add a drop or two to every tank/bottle of juice? If so, what strength nic concentrate should i get?

You can buy concentrated nic from the DIY suppliers @Spongebob
You can get 36mg. Go for the PG option.

Say in a 10ml bottle you have 8ml of 18mg juice and you add 2ml of 36mg nic, you will end up with a blend thats about 22mg in strength.

I do believe you can get 100mg nic but its not available at the DIY retailers because its quite dangerous to work with, you need gloves and goggles etc because if it spills on your skin it could cause a serious nic overdose.

I have a quick question for DIYers: do you measure out your VG by exact weight when adding it or are you an "I just fill the bottle" type? I think both are fine but I'm a measurer. I dunno, it just feels wrong to measure out every other ingredient precisely and then dump an indeterminate "well, it's sorta near the top of the bottle so it's fine" amount of VG in to finish it off.
Hehe.
My VG goes last and i just fill to the top :)
By that time i am usually bored and want to go to bed

Hi all
does anybody know where I can get resin blocks if I want to make my own drip tips?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Ask @hands he may be able to steer you in the right direction

I want to rewrap some batteries. What is the best way to get the old, factory fitted wraps off? Can i just use a sharp knife?

I want to rewrap some batteries. What is the best way to get the old, factory fitted wraps off? Can i just use a sharp knife?
Yes you can, but be gentle. You only need to make a small incision and the rest will tear off. Please be careful not to lose the small white insulator from the positive end, you'll need that for the rewrap.

It'd be best to use a toothpick or something non-metal to break the wrap, and then peel off with your hands. Using metal around battery contacts isn't a great idea. If you really, really have to, work only on the negative end of the battery though.

Ive see on alot of review videos if not all review videos i watch, when they wick a atty they use a really long piece of cotton and then trim it.

Why do they use such a long piece intially and do you use those off cutts again or just chuck them ?

I ask cause usually when i wick i cut a piece of cotton which i know i will only stay left with about 10-15mm on either side to trim off.

Thanks in advance peeps
I know cotton is cheap but I try not to waste it.Most reviewers probably get it free,plus they want to make sure they have an ample amount when shooting a video. IMO

Occasionally I have a question but I don't really know under which thread to ask it.Or perhaps one doesn't want to create a new thread for a quick question. Therefore this thread may suit such a purpose. So ask anything on your mind pertaining to vapeing or not.(If the staff thinks this thread redundant please remove it)
Why aren't there more dual battery sqounk mods (v.v.-v.w.) out there?I'm talking about moderately priced units aside from the DNA higher priced ones.There seems to be a void in this niche.

Yes, I use 100 mg nic so like to make sure it is correct. If not I can correct as it goes first. Also an expensive ingredient. And I like to cover it with PG as soon as possible to prevent any possible deterioration. Besides that rationalization, it is the way I started!:).
@Andre quite interesting, I start with VG - PG - Concentrates - Nic 36mg/PG seal and mix. I shake it everyday for first week, then once or twice a week depending on steep time. I let it breathe the first time after steeping.

You can buy concentrated nic from the DIY suppliers @Spongebob
You can get 36mg. Go for the PG option.

Say in a 10ml bottle you have 8ml of 18mg juice and you add 2ml of 36mg nic, you will end up with a blend thats about 22mg in strength.

I do believe you can get 100mg nic but its not available at the DIY retailers because its quite dangerous to work with, you need gloves and goggles etc because if it spills on your skin it could cause a serious nic overdose.
Thanx @Silver, will try that another noob question? how did you calculate that?

My recipe calculator is set up for the following grams/ml:
PG: 1.038 (and concentrates as they are PG based)
VG: 1.26

Are these values correct?

Back