Quick question thread

Nope, not spaced coils. 5 wrap fused claptons full nichrome. 2x26 +32g reading 0.16 ohms. I vape at 95w...

Once pulling a drag it's smooth. Just concerned of the spit back immediately after. Sometimes even into the eyes. And it's definitely not that I'm still pushing the firing button.
Wicking a bit tighter may help but you could also just release the fire button a bit sooner while still dragging...

Regards

Heya,
What is a good build for fruity/menthol flavours?
My current setups do phenomenal on bakery/dessert juices, however I find that any fruity/menthol vape is just mute and bland?? Any advice on how to get better "krisper" flavour. Available atties: Serpent SMM, Medusa, Baal V4, CSMNT (clone), Freakshow V2 (22mm)

Have 26g NI80, and 24g Kanthal. Also been running some framed aliens and micro aliens by @Smilelykummeenit that do wonders for bakery/desert.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Heya,
My current setups do phenomenal on bakery/desert juices, however I find that any fruity/menthol vape is just mute and bland?? Any advice on how to get better "krisper" flavour. Available atties: Serpent SMM, Medusa, Baal V4, CSMNT (clone), Freakshow V2 (22mm)

Have 26g NI80, and 24g Kanthal. Also been running some framed aliens and micro aliens by @Smilelykummeenit that do wonders for bakery/desert.

Paging @Silver

Heya,
My current setups do phenomenal on bakery/desert juices, however I find that any fruity/menthol vape is just mute and bland?? Any advice on how to get better "krisper" flavour. Available atties: Serpent SMM, Medusa, Baal V4, CSMNT (clone), Freakshow V2 (22mm)

I run my fruity juices on a single clapton at around 0.8 ohm in a mech. That translates to around 20 W. If you want more menthol, just up the power. Fruity juices are generally better at lower power in my experience.

Thanks @Andre
Actually happen to have some 0.8 prebuilt claptons (even though they are crappy). Will give those a go in single mode at low W

I am not sure how to phrase this. But i am going to try.

In my sxk bb i vape quite a few flavours during the day. With some of the flavors i get perfect flavor but others i get “clean” cotton taste mixed with the juice. How can i get rid of the clean taste or fix it to have the besg possible juice flavor

In my sxk bb i vape quite a few flavours during the day. With some of the flavors i get perfect flavor but others i get “clean” cotton taste mixed with the juice. How can i get rid of the clean taste or fix it to have the besg possible juice flavor
Just an uneducated guess but I assume you wick the same no matter the juice.I have had this problem occasionally with Kendo Gold cotton,it just takes so long to break in.I'll state the obvious by saying don't over wick.

Switch to Royal Wick or Cotton Bacon.

hi, which is better ?

single coil RTA or double coil RTA ?

Hi @vicTor

its mostly personal preference, but you will find

Single coil is more flavor driven and not so much clouds.
Dual coil is more for lower ohm builds for Clouds,

I would say get n RTA which has both deck options to begin with so that you can try out both.

The pros might be able to correct me here or offer more help

hi, which is better ?

single coil RTA or double coil RTA ?
That's like asking if a V8 or turbocharged V6 engine is better, or blonds vs brunettes etc.. You'll get as many answers as there are people.
The below is a huge generalisation and only my opinion
Single coil:
Less clouds and potentially better flavour
lower watts = better battery life
Lower juice consumption
Easier to build

Dual coil:
More, denser vapour/clouds
Easier setup to achieve flavour

It's generally more what type of vape you enjoy and a really good single coil will beat out a bad dual coil and vice versa

Hi @vicTor

its mostly personal preference, but you will find

Single coil is more flavor driven and not so much clouds.
Dual coil is more for lower ohm builds for Clouds,

I would say get n RTA which has both deck options to begin with so that you can try out both.

The pros might be able to correct me here or offer more help

thank you @PuffingCrow this helps, thanks for replying

That's like asking if a V8 or turbocharged V6 engine is better, or blonds vs brunettes etc.. You'll get as many answers as there are people.
The below is a huge generalisation and only my opinion
Single coil:
Less clouds and potentially better flavour
lower watts = better battery life
Lower juice consumption
Easier to build

Dual coil:
More, denser vapour/clouds
Easier setup to achieve flavour

It's generally more what type of vape you enjoy and a really good single coil will beat out a bad dual coil and vice versa

thanks @Eisenhorn i hear what you saying, will try out both

Is it possible to get a metallic taste from Kanthal?? I’ve used cl coils and now premade Clapton’s both Kanthal ... both times I’ve encountered a persistent metallic taste while vaping but when I use SS coils ( Ego Aio and Cupti ) I don’t encounter it?

It is entirely likely. Different people claim to get metallic tastes from different wire. I personally get a horrible sour burnt hair taste off Kanthal that I don't get of SS or Ni80, for others it's the other way around. Also has to do with quality of the wire and how hot you let it get.

It is entirely likely. Different people claim to get metallic tastes from different wire. I personally get a horrible sour burnt hair taste off Kanthal that I don't get of SS or Ni80, for others it's the other way around. Also has to do with quality of the wire and how hot you let it get.

Damn guess I’m on the hunt for wire and endless coil building tutorials :O

Suppose there goes my juice budget for the week :-D

Good morning all

Im aware that the new (2017) nitecore i2 & i4 chargers accept 20700s , does anyone know if the "old" i4 accepts 20700s?

Kind regards

RoHS coil wire... yay or nay?
RoHS is a standard, stands for "Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive", what you are looking at is probably just generic nasty china-wire. Would avoid unless it's really cheap (>R100) and you use it for practice. What you are ideally looking for is Sandvik Swedish made wire (the type kidney puncher re-brands) or Flatwire UK. My 2c

RoHS is a standard, stands for "Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive", what you are looking at is probably just generic nasty china-wire. Would avoid unless it's really cheap (>R100) and you use it for practice. What you are ideally looking for is Sandvik Swedish made wire (the type kidney puncher re-brands) or Flatwire UK. My 2c

Sadly Kanthal tastes like rusty iron foot to me but thanks man

Good morning all

Im aware that the new (2017) nitecore i2 & i4 chargers accept 20700s , does anyone know if the "old" i4 accepts 20700s?

Kind regards

I think it does... read further down the thread linked

Same goes for Ni80 and SS. Kidney Puncher is the best I have found. Tried some of that generic wire in Kanthal and Ni80. Never touched them again after I got the good stuff. Agree that Kanthal taste like a rust sock

Back