I am agreeing with you @RainstormZA . Especially after my 100day wait for my Pico, No amount of discount can justify a 100 day wait.

To recap, Its cheaper online, yes. but is it worth the difference if its stuck at SAPO? -in my opinion NO.

thats Why I say your option is a good option and worth it in my opinion.
I book marked that link you shared and will be getting myself one end of the month.
China Town bro, why pay shipping

I agree, may be wait for a group buy ?
I saw these ones in China Town for r30-ish. This link is for Amazon India, 114 India rupees is around r20.
@RainstormZA if u want I will buy it for u next time I go to China Town.
Amazon product ASIN B01ATQCWF0
Thanks for the offer but that handle looks a bit bulky for me. I have Raynaud's disease and I drop things too easily because of damaged nerves, due to it. I might just break a motherboard. Lol. The one at mantech seems to be lighter and that's ideal for me.

28ga is a great and versatile to use for core wire. 36ga for wraping also great thin but not to thin to work with and provides awesome flavour. I would say 100ft for the 36ga and 100ft 28ga for the core will last a long time. You can use the vapetool app on your phone to work out the ohms for you when you decide on a build especially fused claptons the app is accurate.
Now that I start looking for wire, I can only find 26g at VK.

Who has a supply of SS coil wire?

i’m around the corner and normally send a driver for the ER14505 batteries when we need them. if we can find a cheaper courier i will send it to you personally myself.
Aramex but they suck big time. It's only R99. Still not worth it. I'll wait til I get to the uk. I think my dad has a point about not buying here because I'll end up having too much stuff to take with and the uk has better stuff for cheap there anyway.

I feel sorry for South Africans because we had a discussion regarding technology and how people get ripped off buying stuff that is EOL or old. He saved 20% costs getting his Macbook from the UK and my mother upgraded to a better laptop, also from the UK too.

Aramex but they suck big time. It's only R99. Still not worth it. I'll wait til I get to the uk. I think my dad has a point about not buying here because I'll end up having too much stuff to take with and the uk has better stuff for cheap there anyway.

I feel sorry for South Africans because we had a discussion regarding technology and how people get ripped off buying stuff that is EOL or old. He saved 20% costs getting his Macbook from the UK and my mother upgraded to a better laptop, also from the UK too.
yes, i’m all too familiar with all the costs. my wife has convinced me to get recertified and wants to leave in the new year. i cannot see myself not purchasing anything until then. besides we have enough friends and family here and overseas that can post and receive our stuff. that which i cannot take with i’ll PIF. any case, i’ll miss my antique furniture more than some mod i can get again.

The search function is terrible. If I look for SS316 or even SS316L, it brings up all sorts of results not relating to wire and some sites give me no result.

Google only gave me like two or three links to local companies.

Yeah I have to manually search for it but I don't really have time because of my studying to retake the two failed exams.

Bumblebee has just made it easier for me so I'll choose what he has offered. Plus I need more Ice Queen, this stuff is helping with my sinus and coughing so basically vaping that when I have bad days.

yes, i’m all too familiar with all the costs. my wife has convinced me to get recertified and wants to leave in the new year. i cannot see myself not purchasing anything until then. besides we have enough friends and family here and overseas that can post and receive our stuff. that which i cannot take with i’ll PIF. any case, i’ll miss my antique furniture more than some mod i can get again.

Yeah tell me about it. Luckily I've learnt not to be attached to things, since I used to move around a lot and this is no exception. The only thing of value is my pc and it's coming with me. I ain't letting that go. I don't care much about my IT tools, can easily replace that.

The other sentimental value is my books and I've lost a few good old ones.

Yeah tell me about it. Luckily I've learnt not to be attached to things, since I used to move around a lot and this is no exception. The only thing of value is my pc and it's coming with me. I ain't letting that go. I don't care much about my IT tools, can easily replace that.

The other sentimental value is my books and I've lost a few good old ones.
hahha, yes my wife already has threatened divorce if i don’t pack the bukowski. man, i don’t know what i’d do with my books or records. i was thinking of sending to a friend in germany until i can get them from there.

hahha, yes my wife already has threatened divorce if i don’t pack the bukowski. man, i don’t know what i’d do with my books or records. i was thinking of sending to a friend in germany until i can get them from there.
Apparently you can put your stuff into a shipping container and have it shipped to the country you're going to.

A friend and her husband did that. Went to Australia for 6 months then ended in the UK on two year visas plus shipped their two cats over from SA once they found a suitable place.

I can't use a container because I don't have enough stuff. Lol.

Diy project in the works, while I wait for the 1st to arrive so this is going to keep me busy til then.

A DIY mixer. I have an hard drive with magnets in. All I need is a tool to open it up. And a dc fan. I'm thinking battery operated with, not sure if that will work.

Oh and the glass beaker was salvaged - it was a French press but some parts were falling apart, my mom said take it if I wanted it. As it was mine but never used as I had a coffee machine.

DSC_0557.JPG

Diy project in the works, while I wait for the 1st to arrive so this is going to keep me busy til then.

A DIY mixer. I have an hard drive with magnets in. All I need is a tool to open it up. And a dc fan. I'm thinking battery operated with, not sure if that will work.

Oh and the glass beaker was salvaged - it was a French press but some parts were falling apart, my mom said take it if I wanted it. As it was mine but never used as I had a coffee machine.

View attachment 149685
ok now you are going to have to give me your PO address. i have just the thing for this project i am willing to sponsor.

Is that a drip tip ?
Rip tripper says that when the distance increases from the coil, the flavour drops. It was a old video don't know if it's still true with the new atties and coils.
Do let us know if experience.

So I finally got my driptips made by @BumbleBee - to say they are excellent is an understatement.

They are of the best workmanship I've ever seen and they fit perfectly. Both are custom made - one with seal rings and one without. Yeah my rda’s are weird because the Stagevape Venus RDA has seal rings inside but the Pirate King RDA has them on the tip.

Now for the flavour performance, nothing changed and the best part I no longer have to deal with spitback due to an higher tip.

DSC_0562.JPG

So I finally got my driptips made by @BumbleBee - to say they are excellent is an understatement.

They are of the best workmanship I've ever seen and they fit perfectly. Both are custom made - one with seal rings and one without. Yeah my rda’s are weird because the Stagevape Venus RDA has seal rings inside but the Pirate King RDA has them on the tip.

Now for the flavour performance, nothing changed and the best part I no longer have to deal with spitback due to an higher tip.

View attachment 149930

View attachment 149930

but how do you drip ?

Ummm. On the topic of ohms law, I wrapped two coils for the Pirate King RDA with Vandy vape flat clapton wire.

5 wraps each at 0.09 ohms. It was sitting at 0.11 ohms after dry burn. Feeling like something isn't right here.

I'm getting 0.25 ohms with a single coil of 5 wraps on the Venus. Edit: now 0.18 ohms. Very weird.

Last edited:
Back