Ummm. On the topic of ohms law, I wrapped two coils for the Pirate King RDA with Vandy vape flat clapton wire.

5 wraps each at 0.09 ohms. It was sitting at 0.11 ohms after dry burn. Feeling like something isn't right here.

I'm getting 0.25 ohms with a single coil of 5 wraps on the Venus. Edit: now 0.18 ohms. Very weird.
Flat Clapton wire? What material? Same as on the Venus?

Regards

Ok, now I see. You are using Stainless Steel which has a high temperature sensitivity. Even a slight change in the coils temperature increases the resistance noticeably.

What you are seeing is quite normal for this material and the Ohm's will only return to the original build level once the coil has completely cooled down.

Regards

Ok, now I see. You are using Stainless Steel which has a high temperature sensitivity. Even a slight change in the coils temperature increases the resistance noticeably.

What you are seeing is quite normal for this material and the Ohm's will only return to the original build level once the coil has completely cooled down.

Regards
Now that explains everything

Thanks @Raindance I decided to wrap 2 plain 26ga SS316L coils. 8 or 9 wraps at 0.39 ohms, a tad high for me as I just got used to coils at 0.15 to 0.2 ohms but I'll get used to it.

Pistachio RY4 tastes pretty decent on this set.

So Pirate King RDA :

0.39 ohms
8/9 wraps
2.79v
20w

The itch to build a coil was too much to bear so I started with twisted as I can't find a fishing line swivel anywhere and by the look of things, I will have to buy a few.

So here is 2 x 26g twisted lines combined. It looks like a chain there.

DSC_0574.JPG DSC_0573.JPG DSC_0572.JPG

So I went a bit overboard with my order from Blck Vapor and I can't wait to start mixing again. Looks like I may be in for a few unique juice lines with the RY4 and Cubano flavours. Plus a throat quick fix with the mint and cream, thanks to @Hooked's suggestion, on creating something specifically for tickled throats.

RY4 Double Flavor Concentrate (TFA) 50ml
Butterscotch Ripple Concentrate (FW) 30ml
Pistachio Flavor Concentrate (TFA) 10ml
Sugar Cookie v2 Concentrate (CAP) 10ml
Vanilla Swirl Flavor Concentrate (TFA) 10ml
Cool Mint Concentrate (CAP) 10ml
Sweet Cream Concentrate (CAP) 10ml
Jamaica Rum Concentrate (FA) 30ml
Cubano Type Flavor Concentrate (TFA) 10ml

Plus more bottles, Gold Nicotine in VG this time and a bit of PG to top up what I currently have.

Thanks @Silver. Cant wait to start experimenting with flavours.

I cant buy any more mods as i need to start saving up for the UK. Hopefully getting my ancestral visa sorted once Home Affairs sends a copy of my unabridged birth certificate in January 2018

Once things are sorted and i get a decent paying job, then i can look into it. For now I'm just getting the essentials til then.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Haha! I went and bought more or won them. This diary is a great way to look back on my progress so far.

I went from an iStick Pico to currently now using the Smoant Cylon and Asvape Gabriel.

Wow awesome service of Blck Vapor and Courier Guy. I ordered yesterday and got it an hour ago. I'm impressed!

IMG-20181102-WA0004.jpeg DSC_0581.JPG

The Cubano flavour smells very very bitter so not sure if I'll use it as I can't stand the smell of tobacco and I certainly won't vape it if it tastes like it too.

Wow awesome service of Blck Vapor and Courier Guy. I ordered yesterday and got it an hour ago. I'm impressed!

View attachment 150341 View attachment 150342

The Cubano flavour smells very very bitter so not sure if I'll use it as I can't stand the smell of tobacco and I certainly won't vape it if it tastes like it too.

just remember, tobacco mixes you gonna need to let steep at least a month, sometimes more

or you won't appreciate it

just remember, tobacco mixes you gonna need to let steep at least a month, sometimes more

or you won't appreciate it
Ok yeah I'm well aware of the need to steep for a month but the Pistachio RY4-U gives you 15 ish days.

So I'm betting on a full four weeks for the Cubano concentrate, I have mixed a 30ml tester, in case I dislike it.

patience young lady
Lol you know me too well.

I had a quick vape survey on two of the flavours. The butterscotch mint is a winner here!

Barbossa's has an interesting flavour, it has Cubano in so I'll leave that to steep for a while.

These new mixes have been put away for steeping. Just hope I don't forget about them :D

Nice!!
btw did you know you can actually use magnets to do the heating as well?
Thanks. No I didn't know that.

Well heating isn't a priority, it can screw with the nicotine if it gets too hot.

I just gave the wood some oil then rubbed beeswax-coconut oil mix on to seal it.

Smelling good and proper like beeswax

Back