Now I'm having some serious doubts in getting a squonk mod.

I asked myself why do I want one when I have three mods that do a great job and they all are regulated.

Seriously thinking about getting a Kensei RTA... I want to try again with a different RTA.

Aaaaaaand I need to replace the lcd on the Cylon.

Now I'm having some serious doubts in getting a squonk mod.

I asked myself why do I want one when I have three mods that do a great job and they all are regulated.

Seriously thinking about getting a Kensei RTA... I want to try again with a different RTA.

Aaaaaaand I need to replace the lcd on the Cylon.

Squonking is different @RainstormZA

If you happy with the vape on your RTAs , then its probably not necessary to get a squonker
The thing with squonking is one gets a RDA vape without the need to continuously drip.
also usually easier to rewick and pitstop RDAs

If you like the RDA type vape then a squonker is fantastic!

Last edited:
If you happy with the vaoe on your RTAs
In fact, I have two rda's. I love them dearly but man the venus can be a b!tch if you overdrip it. And a subohm tank with eleaf coils that I use for testing purposes.

Having looked back on and there were two reasons why I got rid of the Zeus Dual RTA - 1. Wicking was an issue and I am constantly changing juices, hence the drippers. To date, I've not stuck to an ADV yet.

To be honest, it's never been an hassle dripping when you change flavours through the day and not having to rewick every time is a bonus with these rda's.

Only con is I'm rewicking every two days now.

May well be the reason for a change.

So if I keep the Charon Mini, I'll have three mods, two rda's and one rta.

Last edited:
So I decided to keep the Charon Mini mod.

It's not a bad mod overall. Improved design all round, feels more professionally done compared to the Cylon.

Even the battery door is held by magnets. The only con is that the instructions for that wasn't included. I had no idea of what I was supposed to do.

The option screen operation is the same so not much difference. The only thing that is different is the factory reset operation that didn't come with the Cylon.

1542622905810-370924132.jpg 15426229268361578889982.jpg 1542622949191-381602451.jpg

And now, for my next project, thanks to @Dela Rey Steyn for the idea, is to make an hubbly pot with the working parts of the Cylon as it's not worth fixing it with the lcd costing more than the mod itself and the screw posts are crumbling apart.

My plan is to connect a subohm tank wired to the Cylon via a flexible plastic pipe and the tip end connected to another pipe to the glass bottle with a stopper on and a vaping pipe from there.

It's a start...

Last edited:
Now this is the item I have in mind:

Two-necks-100ml-Flat-Bottom-Glass-Flask-Glass-Boiling-Vessel-2-necks.jpg

There is a 3 necked bottle too for two pipes but I think personally I should stick to one. And if it fits, an hooker hose and hookah pipe.

This is the idea I am working off from.

download.jpg

Haha lmfao.

I have an hookah from Dubai that was gifted to my mom and she has not used it for a couple of years so it's been sitting in my room.

I tested it out. Works too bloody well but the glass bottle is far too big. My strawberry cream RY4 is very strong and somehow the hookah tamed it down a tad, becoming less harsh and more pleasurable to the taste.

Vaping hookahs will be great for very strong juices...

Having looked around for that round boiling flask as it is called, I'm not paying between R500 to R3000 for a bottle.

I've made do with a small Consol bottle with a screw cap.

Here's the idea - just a feeling the pipes may be a tad too long so will cut them smaller.

DSC_0635.JPG

Back