REO P67's

Nope I am restraining myself for a while longer :) Going to get a raw tumbled next time, hopefully with a non-sl sunflower door.

In case you didn't know... there is no reason to wait if you want to buy that combo now. Robert has always had lots of spare doors for the metal Reos. If he has the regular yellow door you want he will put it on a TRA P67 and adjust price accordingly. Contact him direct.

Ooops... just thought of another tidbit for those here who still care enough about Reos to buy them that I should pass on.

Anodized Reos are a thing of the past at Reosmods. IOW, he will not make any more of them ever, not even custom.

Ooops... just thought of another tidbit for those here who still care enough about Reos to buy them that I should pass on.

Anodized Reos are a thing of the past at Reosmods. IOW, he will not make any more of them ever, not even custom.
I've owned a black anodized and although something of beauty I actually prefer the wrinkle/vein finish.
Interesting that those finishes never appealed to me to begin with.
The suier silver vein does look unique and classy.
If they are still available after my cash reserves have been replenished (pay day) I suspect I'll be pulling the trigger.
I have never regretted any reo purchases!

I've owned a black anodized and although something of beauty I actually prefer the wrinkle/vein finish.
Interesting that those finishes never appealed to me to begin with.
The suier silver vein does look unique and classy.
If they are still available after my cash reserves have been replenished (pay day) I suspect I'll be pulling the trigger.
I have never regretted any reo purchases!

I have some Ano Reos and a few extra Ano doors for them. My gold LP/SL Grand, the black LP/SL 2.1, black 1.0 and 2011 blue Ano's are among my nicest looking and in hand Reos IMO. I hate the veins because all 5 of my silver and copper veins are mostly black Reos now. Part of why the new Super Vein did not appeal to me... it also might turn black over time. I never cared for the black wrinkle finish because so many of them that pictures are posted of have chips and scratches. But I also did not take into account that I never drop any of my vape gear. I have a murdered P67 black wrinkle, it remains like brand new and has a nice feel to it in hand. But one P67 with that finish is enough (I already have way too many black Reos). The Hammertone is actually the bullet proof finish, have 4-5 of them (can't remember).
My only regrets with the Reos is I intentionally put off trying them for a year plus 4 years ago - and that most of mine and their many atty's are not used anymore.

I have some Ano Reos and a few extra Ano doors for them. My gold LP/SL Grand, the black LP/SL 2.1, black 1.0 and 2011 blue Ano's are among my nicest looking and in hand Reos IMO. I hate the veins because all 5 of my silver and copper veins are mostly black Reos now. Part of why the new Super Vein did not appeal to me... it also might turn black over time. I never cared for the black wrinkle finish because so many of them that pictures are posted of have chips and scratches. But I also did not take into account that I never drop any of my vape gear. I have a murdered P67 black wrinkle, it remains like brand new and has a nice feel to it in hand. But one P67 with that finish is enough (I already have way too many black Reos). The Hammertone is actually the bullet proof finish, have 4-5 of them (can't remember).
My only regrets with the Reos is I intentionally put off trying them for a year plus 4 years ago - and that most of mine and their many atty's are not used anymore.
Hammertone is my new favourite.

Was taking a photo the other day and in the pic it looks like the top left is chipped.
Doesn't make sense because this reo is hardly moved.IMG-20170517-WA0023.jpeg

So I took a close up...
It's just the flash messing around!
IMG-20170517-WA0037.jpeg

Does anyone know what the difference is with the hammertone finish and the new super vein finish?

I love my hammertone and if the new super silver vein finish is more or less the same I would like to get one.

If it won't go black like the other owners described.

Does anyone know what the difference is with the hammertone finish and the new super vein finish?

I love my hammertone and if the new super silver vein finish is more or less the same I would like to get one.

Old photo but the hammertone is very resilient
1493279114285.jpg

I discussed this new finish with Robert in detail. No one knows yet whether the new SS vein with also turn black, and won't know for quite some time until it's seen how these first ones hold up. Maybe even a year or longer.

The old silver and copper veins IF clear coated when new mostly did not turn black. But how well that worked depended on how well the clear coat used held up. The problem clear coating them was that the clear coats that cracked/peeled or chipped off many of them done. That meant getting all of the old clear coat back off the Reo and trying again.

The new SS vein has a more textured finish that the older versions. That would make redoing clear coating harder. But, and this only a but because it's not known yet if this one will turn black... the SS vein has a more glossy finish than the old, and maybe it will hinder, slow down or prevent the oxidation that causes the color change.

The only way to end the pain on the old veins is to strip/sand them back to raw aluminum and start over... leave them raw, have them powder coated, painted, anodized, etc or cover them mostly up with a J-Wrap, et al.

Just for the record there are currently 8 x P67's for sale on the Reosmods site! :p

I get no solid (non-SL) doors as an option when I choose a Tumbled P67, for example.

We had to make a decision to have pictures of either SL door or solid doors on the website. So, we went with SL, since they are slightly more popular with customers right now.

Once you choose the door color, there is a dropdown menu that will let you choose either the SL or the solid door before the P67 is added to the cart. Hope that helps.

I was looking at that super silver last night...
I think the layout is good.
I prefer the full door ar opposed to the SL door anyways and the new layout is nice because I can get the colour I want with the door I like!

The five P67's in hand are getting it done for me in spades. So I really don't need anymore Reos (and will just have to curb the "want" thing). A few of the other 30 or so Reos might get used some now and then, but I don't really need more than these five with my favored two dozen plus BF atty's in rotation on them to run any of all of my DIY ADV's on a whim. P67's for the win (everything else is just fluff). ;)

p67s8s.jpg

P67 came out of retirement because I'm short of squonkers... well it drives the O-Genny V2 BF RDTA perfectly... The REO is still very relevant! :b1:
SquonkNewOld1.JPG SquonkNewOld2.JPG

Sexy!

@Rob Fisher, for us not so in the know, the middle one is the P67 if I am not mistaken, what are the two on each side called?

Regards

Yip Anton is spot on @Raindance!

I'm surprised they are still selling Grands with the raised catch up which only allows 14mm atties... they really should remove that catch cup...

Back