REO - The Basics

So I spoke to Rob from reosmods and he said it will be a couple of months until there are more P67's, i'm not sure I can wait that long :p
I came up with this, is there anything I don't need or something I have left out? What is a reducer tube? I just put them in incase it's needed.
Also, I found a Cyclone available in SA, would this be ideal for MTL? The Reo site doesn't have stock of the RM2 atty.
Just a few more deciding factors before I pull the trigger

View attachment 67385
@ChadB, if possible can you order a hotspring and positive contact pin for p67? I will deposit the money for you. Thanks.

Yip don't waste your money on the normal bottles or reducers... you will never use them. Also I wouldn't get the button covers... I would get one from @hands! Way more beautiful... if you want something specific engraved on your fire button then get the aluminium one and send it to Jacques for engraving.
Buttons1 (2).jpg Buttons1.jpg Buttons2.jpg Buttons4.jpg Buttons5.jpg

Yip don't waste your money on the normal bottles or reducers... you will never use them. Also I wouldn't get the button covers... I would get one from @hands! Way more beautiful... if you want something specific engraved on your fire button then get the aluminium one and send it to Jacques for engraving.
View attachment 67399 View attachment 67400 View attachment 67401 View attachment 67402 View attachment 67403
@Rob Fisher ,do you still have any of these buttons that is not being used?

@ChadB, if possible can you order a hotspring and positive contact pin for p67? I will deposit the money for you. Thanks.
Sure will do, can I PM you before I do the purchase? Just need to make sure all is fine with my parents as i'm using my CC that's linked to them so just need the go ahead.

@ChadB you may want to see if some of the guys don't want Italian bottles as well... will help share the burden of the $50 shipping. I know @VapeSnow is after 5 of them...

Sure will do, can I PM you before I do the purchase? Just need to make sure all is fine with my parents as i'm using my CC that's linked to them so just need the go ahead.
No problem.

@ChadB I saw your post in the wanted section. I would have loved to have obliged but my P67 is dear to me:). If I were buying spares, from past experience my list would look like this:
10 X REOs:D...... Just kidding I think 10 is a bit less:lipssealed:

Seriously though what spares you get will be dependent on how comfortable you are. You are not going to like this post as It will probably confuse you more than help. I see the Vapour Mountain site is also low on alot of REO Grand spares. You don`t want to be in a position where you need a spare part but cannot get it locally and you will have to import again. Although I`m sure a local REOnaught will come to your aid if you need something.

I could tell you that the only things I`ve replaced on a REO are the fire buttons (they were sticky), old non adjustable 510 center pin and washer (leaked), bottles (they were stained) and one positive contact (worn out/sanded down). But that`s just me. These were all on second hand REOs that I bought over time which were neglected. I`ve never replaced parts on the ones that I bought new as I tend to take care of them and I`m cautious when rebuilding/rewicking. I will, on my ohm meter, build, test resistance dry fire, test resistance, wick,test resistance and then finally put on the top cap/drip tip and check the resistance while rotating the top cap to make sure nothing shorts before putting the atty on the REO. I hope never to lose a spring.

Oddly enough the only thing I need to replace on my new REO is the 510 adjustable grub screw which I`m sure does not happen very often. I lost it doing something stupid while doing a pit-stop. The mod still works with the atty that it has with out problems so I don`t really worry about it. Ironically if you told me at the time that I would need a 510 adjustable grub screw when ordering my spares I would have laughed it off.

If you are going for the Italian squonk bottles then there`s no need for the extra 6ml bottles. The REO comes with 2 bottles as @SAVapeGear mentioned. Get the complete 510 adjustable repair kit as it comes with an additional bottle and tube as well as all the parts that you might never need to re-build your REO at a later stage. If, at a later stage, you realize you don`t like the soft bottles and want to change to the firmer 6ml bottles. Then you only have three 6ml bottles. If you are going to be changing between flavors then three of those 6ml bottles might not be enough. Fortunately the mind is a wonderful thing and can be conditioned to adapt to something. If you think that you will not like the soft squonk bottles then I would also suggest getting spare feed tubes as well.

Baring any serious mishaps my list would look like this:
1 X Aluminium Button cover (all REOs need a good button cover). As @Rob Fisher said send it to @hands for that personalized finish.
1 X Grand adjustable repair kit (has all the bits to rebuild your REO in case of a catastrophic meltdown)
1 X set Italian Squonk bottles (Just because...You might like it)
6ml bottles, feed tubes and O-Rings for 6ml bottles(The sum of the parts is cheaper than the whole. The quantity will depend on you but it is relatively cheap enough to get extra)
4 X Door Magnets (They do tend to fall out sometimes, especially after a few ultrasonic baths)
1 X Spare spring and screw (once you drop your first spring you will make it your mission not to do it again)
1 X spare Delrin Insert screw (For that "Just in case" moment)
1 X Positive pin (you never know you might be a button masher:eek:)
Oh and don`t worry. If you realize you need other spares you can always order them with your next REO order:D.

Hey guys, quick noob question...

If I change the atty on a REO, how do I know its connected properly? And what exactly would happen if its not? I find this to be the most intimidating part and I feel I worry about it way more than I should.

If I change the atty on a REO, how do I know its connected properly? And what exactly would happen if its not? I find this to be the most intimidating part and I feel I worry about it way more than I should.
The coils won't heat up :D
If it's the adjustable 510 just screw it out until contact is made.

You need to also remember that some reo's are SP (standard profile) and only a handful of attys can fit on it like the rm2 , hornet, etc

A LP (low profile) reo has the catch cup area ground down to allow for a regular atty to screw on

*also don't put on a non-bf atty on the reo! You will forget and then squonk and the juice will have no where to go and the bottle will explode from the pressure and you have juice dripping all over you hands, down your elbows.... not good

You need to also remember that some reo's are SP (standard profile) and only a handful of attys can fit on it like the rm2 , hornet, etc

A LP (low profile) reo has the catch cup area ground down to allow for a regular atty to screw on

*also don't put on a non-bf atty on the reo! You will forget and then squonk and the juice will have no where to go and the bottle will explode from the pressure and you have juice dripping all over you hands, down your elbows.... not good
Ah so thats the difference between the two! Which one have you lent me @Rob Fisher ?

Wowzers Shaun! Have you done that before, sounds like a pretty cruddy experience!

Ah so thats the difference between the two! Which one have you lent me @Rob Fisher ?

Wowzers Shaun! Have you done that before, sounds like a pretty cruddy experience!
Send a pic and we can identify it :)

I have had my fair share of experiences with juices.... the reo was responsible for many of them

You might have to wait some more for a reply, he's in the garage drilling out his subtank mini for bottom feed. :D
The subtask mini is a pain to bf. The twisp clearo is my choice for ease of modification and looks.
Also 10/10 for flavor. :D

Oh wow @Stosta - all the best with using the Reo!
This is going to be great. To see how you find it and enjoy it
Only caught up with this thread now

Dont worry the Reo wont explode.

If you havent connected the atty on properly then it just will do nothing when you fire.

Just a tip - dont press the fire button too hard. Just a soft press until it makes contact and fires - not much harder than that.

What atty are you using?

Back