REO - The Basics

IIRC he`s got the Nuppin and Cyclone attys. @Stosta check out post number one in this thread. The first video in that post shows you how to adjust the grub screw on the 510. Remember it is reverse threaded. If you feel that the atty is not making proper contact with the positive pin just raise the centre grub screw just an 1/8 of a turn at a time. And by repetitive tightening and un tightening you can get the atty as flush as possible and align the atty so that the air holes are aligned either 90 to 270 degrees from the fire button if it’s a single hole atty or 90 degrees if it is a two hole atty. Check out the first video in the first post from about 14:25 onwards.
Single air hole placement: Facing any direction on the not so professionally drawn arc:
REO images Single.jpg
Dual air holes:
REO images Dual.jpg

I have both the Cyclone and the Nuppin and I`ve never had a problem with the atty`s 510 positive pin shorting even when it`s well tightened.

Oh wow @Stosta - all the best with using the Reo!
This is going to be great. To see how you find it and enjoy it
Only caught up with this thread now

Dont worry the Reo wont explode.

If you havent connected the atty on properly then it just will do nothing when you fire.

Just a tip - dont press the fire button too hard. Just a soft press until it makes contact and fires - not much harder than that.

What atty are you using?
I'm a button masher and I've swapped out the leaf with the heavy duty contact.
Works a lot better.
Originally it was too hard for me but after a few days of button mashing it softened beautifully.

If you watch Super X vid you will see that he lifts the pin up with a counter-clockwise turn of the adjustable pin using the hez key provided and when you screw the atty on it won't sit flush, then work backwards and adjust it in the opposite direction till your atty sits perfectly flush, with the o-ring in place, so atty will be sitting great and contacting great and depending on your atty and the way you hold it you can face your airhole upwards if required.

I'm no expert here but that vid may help with what you are looking for. For RM2 and some of the other attys, airhole facing up was a game-changer piece of advice.

I have an OL16 on my REO Mini.
Tiny setup, but awesome.

Wow! Thanks for the replys guys!

I was using the Divo last night and after the reassurance from @Christos I once again built up the courage to play a bit more.

So far the Divo has given me the best vape, with a 0.4 ni80 build. The cyclone was a bit better and the nuppin not so good, but I need to revisit them as I built high in them because I'm a wuss (0.7 and 0.9 respectively).

Another thing I need to ask is if I am wicking wrong...

20170204_055720-1-600x720.jpg

I find that only straight after a squonk is the flavour REALLY good, but then not so much obviously because the tiny wick is dry. Is that just a nature of these small attys?

The trick I've learnt with wicking a reo is that the wick can be how thick you want BUT it should just barely touch the base of the atty.

For some reason if you have too much wick you loose flavor.

The coil should also be placed as far to the rim as possible and also inline with the airholes.

I usually get about 2-3 pulls before having to sqounk.

I was using the Divo last night and after the reassurance from @Christos I once again built up the courage to play a bit more.

So far the Divo has given me the best vape, with a 0.4 ni80 build. The cyclone was a bit better and the nuppin not so good, but I need to revisit them as I built high in them because I'm a wuss (0.7 and 0.9 respectively).

View attachment 83960

I find that only straight after a squonk is the flavour REALLY good, but then not so much obviously because the tiny wick is dry. Is that just a nature of these small attys?
@Stosta , my Nuppin is collecting dust, as well as my Cyclones, I tend to oversquonk. The Nuppin is a bugger to build, but once you find the sweet spot it is a great vape, overall as said many times the OL16 and a Reo works very well, options galore and a flavour beast. Enjoy your Reo my friend.

Smaller diameter coils mean less wick so it will hold less juice. One squonk gets me one long draw or couple short ones but I think that's because of coil size.

From what I've seen and tried that seems to be correct about the wick just touching the base. I think if you keep the wick long it should be cut at an angle so each fibre goes from touching the base to the coil and any "dead" strands should be trimmed. So with a totally dry wick if you squonk and the well fills you should see the whole wick juice up. Playing around and learning but I think you should try to get all the wick to get as much area of absorption in the optimal juice feed area so even a small squonk would get juice to the wick. If any part of the wick stays white when you squonk it's not going to the juice.

View attachment 83960

@Stosta , I agree with @Riaz
Wick ends should just be touching the deck, not snaked around on the deck
Also make sure the wick is quite clear of the squonk hole where the juice comes up

I dont know the Divo but assume the principle is similar to the RM2.

Also, the lower you go in ohms the more vigorous the vaporisation, so you will get less puffs per squonk.

I find for MTL my sweet spot is a 0.45 to 0.5 ohm paracoil, implying each coil is actually 0.9 to 1 ohm. I use a thinner ID (1.6mm) for crispness but thats just me. I then use higher mg juice 12-18mg.

Thanks @Riaz @Silver @M5000 and @Petrus !

I will trim my wicks down to size and maybe try build a little higher, and perhaps try paracoils, I've seen they tend to be quite popular on REOs.

I'm really enjoying it, there's something to be said about the sinplicity of the whole thing, which seems silly to say as I'm actually out of my comfort zone.

Way too much wick on the Divo @Stosta! Less is more in the Divo as far as wick goes...
My logic went the other way for some reason :confused: New shorter wick coming up! I'm using rayon, should I go with jap cotton instead?

My logic went the other way for some reason :confused: New shorter wick coming up! I'm using rayon, should I go with jap cotton instead?

Depends on the juice @Stosta

In my opinion, if its a fruity menthol go with Rayon
If its a tobacco go with Jap Cotton

Just remember to make Rayon a bit tighter in there because it shrinks a bit when wet

Depends on the juice @Stosta

In my opinion, if its a fruity menthol go with Rayon
If its a tobacco go with Jap Cotton

Just remember to make Rayon a bit tighter in there because it shrinks a bit when wet
XXX, so I will stay with the Rayon!

I also run OL16's on both my Mini's? What build are you using?

I've got a very simple 2,5mm ID 316L SS coil that measures in at around 0.7ohms.
My thinking is that it's a mini, so keep the vape nice and chilled.
Love vaping it in the car. Smaller clouds and great flavour.

Pics, so you know it happened...

Attachments

• 20170204_083856.jpg
    20170204_083856.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 29
  • 20170204_083908.jpg
    20170204_083908.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 26
@Stosta I don't know if your cyclone is the 2013 or 2014 deck.
The 2013 is rounded at the Base by the posts and the 2014 is flat.

I find the 2013 deck produces more flavour the higher the coil is I.E. in line with the posts.
I find the 2014 deck produces more flavour when the coil is al low as possible almost touching the deck.

I do 2.5mm ID coils in the cyclone and all the 16mm atty's.

Hopefully you also have an AFC cap for the cyclone otherwise the 2.5mm ID might get too hot as the standard caps hole is very small.

I'm a button masher and I've swapped out the leaf with the heavy duty contact.
Works a lot better.
Originally it was too hard for me but after a few days of button mashing it softened beautifully.

An easy fix to mashing if you use a cap on the fire button is to put an o-ring on the fire button under the cap. The cap bottoms out on the o-ring to help prevent mashing.

Rewicked and the flavour is muchos better! The draw is smoother as well. Winner!!!

Thanks guys!

Hello fellow Reo owners. I might have missed this in the threads, and this might seem like a stupid question. But where do i apply the electric contact grease? If thats what this greasy stuff is called? Please help.

Hello fellow Reo owners. I might have missed this in the threads, and this might seem like a stupid question. But where do i apply the electric contact grease? If thats what this greasy stuff is called? Please help.
Hi. On the positive pin that makes contact with the battery. You can use a very small amount.

Back