REPOSTED Ohms law & watts law

Would you like to see more threads like these?

• Yawn! What time is it..?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@Silver, if you look at the below images, the 70w for 14amp drawn doesn't make sense normally, but the chip makes it work:
Screenshot_20190405-112042.jpg
Screenshot_20190405-113724.jpg

Most people still seem to be living in the mech mod days, where in order to calculate the current (amps) being drawn from the battery, you only need to know the resistance of the coil and the nominal voltage of the battery. This makes sense on a mech because the resistance of the coil is the ONLY thing you have control over (well that and the charge of the battery). However, if you are using a regulated mod, this does not apply. Resistance of the coil means absolutely zero on a regulated mod.

Let me give a brief explanation on why this is. (NOTE: I am not an electrical engineer, but I did stay in the honeymoon suite of a Holiday Inn Express last night).

Regulated mods typically use a DC-DC converter (probably in most cases a switched-mode converter). That is, they separate the input and output voltage (in other words, they separate the battery from the atomizer). So, just because you have 3.7v going in from your battery doesn't mean this is what will be hitting the atomizer. On a mech mod, yes, that is what happens because there is nothing in between the atomizer and the battery. On a regulated mod, there is a voltage regulator in between the battery and the atomizer.

On a mech mod, as your battery drains, you have less voltage (and thus less power) hitting the atty. This means the vapor production diminishes over time. We know from Ohm's law that Power = voltage X current. As you can see from this simple equation, as the voltage drops, this necessarily means less power (watts).....

Thanks for sharing, in future please make an effort to credit the original poster, with a link to the original post.

Capture.PNG

source

Thanks for sharing, in future please make an effort to credit the original poster, with a link to the original post.

View attachment 162772

source

Yes @Silver has spoken to me. I was not aware reposting wasn't allowed. It will still be easier toe find it here for new users. Thank you for the direct attack. Very professional.

And even in reposting says in no way that i don't know what im talking about with my posts. I thought i would repost for those new people that have not seen or have no idea of watts law with a regulated device.

Im new to the forum and was not aware that you can't repost to help others.

Even though you @Alex reacted like a child to attack someone straight on for speading good things that someone might need.. it doesn't bother me. But that you. I know now to make "original posts.

Im sure there are more reposted content. Try to handle those folks in a more professional manner.

Have a good day.

Hi @Morix

Your reposting of other content is more than welcome.
Certainly not disallowed here.

Its just that the way you posted that original post, it looked like you wrote it and I even congratulated you on the excellent writeup.

So with this kind of thing its always best to mention that you found it somewhere else (and ideally provide a link to the source) and hopefully it can add value to members.

Don't be upset - just try to credit your source when you are posting other content in future. And it helps for everyone to know where its from instead of thinking its you that wrote it.

Back