Reuleaux DNA200 Mod

Been watching the 200 DNA market expand over the last few months but personally had no interest in the LiPo built in battery devices with the HCigar unit seeming the best buy out of the lot, seeing as cloudmaker is making more noise than mods and now seems rather .. bland.

It does look like the Wismec is going to blow them all out of the water and the good news is that all the major chinese wholesalers are now in process of stocking them, which means only one thing .. lower prices!! Time to sharpen your pencils gentlemen. :)

PS: DNA 200s will pull up to 23A, and the batteries run in series, so get decent high amp batteries, unless you plan on running it like an Subox .. ;)

Been watching the 200 DNA market expand over the last few months but personally had no interest in the LiPo built in battery devices with the HCigar unit seeming the best buy out of the lot, seeing as cloudmaker is making more noise than mods and now seems rather .. bland.

It does look like the Wismec is going to blow them all out of the water and the good news is that all the major chinese wholesalers are now in process of stocking them, which means only one thing .. lower prices!! Time to sharpen your pencils gentlemen. :)

PS: DNA 200s will pull up to 23A, and the batteries run in series, so get decent high amp batteries, unless you plan on running it like an Subox .. ;)

In the specs it says the DNA200 can pull up to 55A? unless i'm not understanding it correctly?

E.g. 55 Amps will heat a 0.07 Ohm coil to 200W if the voltage is regulated to 3.6V (battery output is 10.8V nominal)

I dont know how true this is, but apparently there is a shortage of DNA200 boards and Wismec decided that the next batch of Reuleaux's are not going to have DNA200 chips. So only the first batch will have the DNA200 chip. This is according to a Facebook group.

http://www.heavengifts.com/WISMEC-Reuleaux-RX200-TC-Express-Kit-W-O-Battery.html

2. It\'s almost the same as the Wismec Reuleaux DNA200 TC, except that the Chip board is designed and produced by Joyetech.
12243019_1635821850003211_894369258454682275_n.jpg 12249669_1635821943336535_1814125308674419114_n.jpg

I dont know how true this is, but apparently there is a shortage of DNA200 boards and Wismec decided that the next batch of Reuleaux's are not going to have DNA200 chips. So only the first batch will have the DNA200 chip. This is according to a Facebook group.

http://www.heavengifts.com/WISMEC-Reuleaux-RX200-TC-Express-Kit-W-O-Battery.html

2. It\'s almost the same as the Wismec Reuleaux DNA200 TC, except that the Chip board is designed and produced by Joyetech.
View attachment 39555 View attachment 39556
Mmmmmmm that black is imo nicer...

v2 already out :rolleyes: ooopsi

Ya with all these mod companies using DNA200 boards, i think they could be in short supply. I do know Wismec was only supplied with 5000 Dna200 units?? Apparently

Haha. Being China they had 10 000 units of everything else made, hence the surplus. I would love an enclosure like for my SX 350J parallel build

Those newer rolos, use a wismec board, very capable, but very basic compared to a DNA 200, those are not the rolo V2, they're the economy version of the rolo

I suspect Wismec just planned ahead, creating two devices at different price points, and minimising the reliance on Evolv which has quite a bad track record already.

Could be Evolv is up to their old tricks again though, limiting supply to artificially increase demand. I remember back when the Hana DNA 30W mods were the rage they cost upward of $200 with waiting lists as long as my arm. That is, until Cloupor cloned 'em, effectively collapsing the DNA30 market overnight. Let's hope they learned their lesson...

I suspect Wismec just planned ahead, creating two devices at different price points, and minimising the reliance on Evolv which has quite a bad track record already.

Could be Evolv is up to their old tricks again though, limiting supply to artificially increase demand. I remember back when the Hana DNA 30W mods were the rage they cost upward of $200 with waiting lists as long as my arm. That is, until Cloupor cloned 'em, effectively collapsing the DNA30 market overnight. Let's hope they learned their lesson...

I think you're right on the money. Wismec is looking like the go to company for mods at the moment. Vapor-Forward (they're behind the vapor flask) is getting them to make 3 new mods for them.

The Vapor Flask Classic $110ish 150W Dual Series 18650
The Vapor Flask Mini $85ish 75W single 18650
The Vapor Flask Stout $95ish 100W Single 26650

All made in China, by Wismec, with Wismec boards.

More power to them!

I've been saying it for a long time, these western companies need to wake up to how the world works, and bit by bit they are. It's awesome, means cheaper hardware for all of us vapers. Also means that they can concentrate on design, marketing and support. China can do what it does best... Make s***

Very nube question here I'm not that clued up about batteries.. but say I have a 2500mah 18650 for example would the wismec with 3 of them be 6500mah like the lipo is say 900mah X 3 cells which would be 2700mah or will it just be like 11 volts with the 2500mah

A classic case of A Chinese company that users USA to get in the Game and T\then decides to do there own thing :p Nothing we havnt seen before!

A classic case of A Chinese company that users USA to get in the Game and T\then decides to do there own thing :p Nothing we havnt seen before!

??? But thats not whats going on, at all.

They're owned by Joyetech which is like the biggest ecig company there is. From what I remember, seeing JayBo approached them.

??? But thats not whats going on, at all.

They're owned by Joyetech which is like the biggest ecig company there is. From what I remember, seeing JayBo approached them.

Joytech needed the DNA200 now they dont thats all im saying bro

Joytech needed the DNA200 now they dont thats all im saying bro

But they're still making DNA200 Rolos, so they do still need them.

The only thing that the RX200 and the DNA200 share is the 200 in their name.

I think you're right on the money. Wismec is looking like the go to company for mods at the moment. Vapor-Forward (they're behind the vapor flask) is getting them to make 3 new mods for them.

The Vapor Flask Classic $110ish 150W Dual Series 18650
The Vapor Flask Mini $85ish 75W single 18650
The Vapor Flask Stout $95ish 100W Single 26650

All made in China, by Wismec, with Wismec boards.

More power to them!

I've been saying it for a long time, these western companies need to wake up to how the world works, and bit by bit they are. It's awesome, means cheaper hardware for all of us vapers. Also means that they can concentrate on design, marketing and support. China can do what it does best... Make s***
Yeah on the latest PBusardo video, he interviews that Charlie guy from VF and man are those new smaller VF models looking good!
(You can skip to 14:28 for the interview)

Back