Rob's Lounge

Hi @Silver thought it was time for a change. I took that pic at my favorite getaway spot. Its a little cabin on a farm on top of Burgers Pass just outside Montague. Thats the little dam the cottage overlooks.

It looks like a Smallmouth Bass spot! :rock:

Hi @Silver thought it was time for a change. I took that pic at my favorite getaway spot. Its a little cabin on a farm on top of Burgers Pass just outside Montague. Thats the little dam the cottage overlooks.

Nice
Thanks for sharing

Oh! what a pity I missed out on a vintage bush wine, the other 70's were most probably Pinotage ;)? A quick impression on the Pino Noir will be appreciated if you feel like it @Andre
We had a 75 and 76 Roodeberg, but both were undrinkable. I am an absolute Pinot Noir fan. Unfortunately not many good ones from SA soil. Imo the Chileans make some of the best Pinot Noir's around.
As to the 1984 Meerlust Pinot Noir. I was really surprised that it still had a distinctive Pinot Noir character. This variety typically has very light tannins, so should not really benefit from bottle maturation. And this Meerlust for me did not, but it was very well preserved for the almost 30 years. Its age did come through in a slight pucker at the very back of the throat, but other than that it was smooth, medium bodied with the typical berry taste still very evident.

Sorry have to ask, I don't get it :confused:, kindly explain why its just a nice couch to me?
Just google "casting couch"
Be aware, the results might not be family friendly

zdWJMpZ.jpg

We had a 75 and 76 Roodeberg, but both were undrinkable. I am an absolute Pinot Noir fan. Unfortunately not many good ones from SA soil. Imo the Chileans make some of the best Pinot Noir's around.
As to the 1984 Meerlust Pinot Noir. I was really surprised that it still had a distinctive Pinot Noir character. This variety typically has very light tannins, so should not really benefit from bottle maturation. And this Meerlust for me did not, but it was very well preserved for the almost 30 years. Its age did come through in a slight pucker at the very back of the throat, but other than that it was smooth, medium bodied with the typical berry taste still very evident.

Thanks Andre, and I agree with regards to South American bush wines, after you gave me the tip earlier this year.

Ok thanks I googled and saw the wiki :D - not my type of entertainment though
I think the wiki is talking about something else. This particular office was a famous place in america where interviews and casting was done for the adult film industry.

I think the wiki is talking about something else. This particular office was a famous place in america where interviews and casting was done for the adult film industry.

Yip the wiki explained the "adult" thing vividly.

Welcome back Stroods! Or are you still on holiday? Where did @Gizmo'arama take you?
No we're back :) left a day early because I'm as sick as a dog... Spent most of the weekend curled up in a little ball

He took me to dinokeng game reserve to one of the little places in there... Was lovely... Besides for the fact that I feel like death warmed up

No we're back :) left a day early because I'm as sick as a dog... Spent most of the weekend curled up in a little ball

He took me to dinokeng game reserve to one of the little places in there... Was lovely... Besides for the fact that I feel like death warmed up

Shame man! How kak is that! But we missed you and glad you are back safe! :rock:

Shame man! How kak is that! But we missed you and glad you are back safe! :rock:
So shit!!! Started on Thursday night so had a great afternoon Thursday and went to bed was all lovely woke up in the middle of the night throwing up and haven't been so great since then... At least it's more of a flu now than anything else though

Never leave your pool on backwash while you tend the kids. You tend to forget the pool is on backwash. Lost a bit more than half a meter of water... :(
va6any4a.jpg

Ignore the green. I've added metal remover so will be sorted by Tuesday.
Pool is recovering from winter rest.

So shit!!! Started on Thursday night so had a great afternoon Thursday and went to bed was all lovely woke up in the middle of the night throwing up and haven't been so great since then... At least it's more of a flu now than anything else though
Hope you are better now. Nausea and flue together... Cant think of anything worse.

How did you get a picture of the inside of my house?????

I wish...
One day....
Maybe...

Allas, mine is out of the question. Added 2 cups chlorine and it went greener.

thgqmJ6.jpg

You need to get some aluminum sulphate (AL2SO4) also called Alum by local pool companies. The aluminum sulphate binds with the phosphurus (P) in the pool water, which depletes the algae's food source. This binding forms aluminum hydoxide (ALOH3) which in turn acts as a coagulant to quickly remove the algae from your pool via the filter.

Cool!! Will do that tomorrow. The temperature is spot on! Next weekend i want a pool party, so this thing will have to sparkle like clark kent's teeth.

Back