Royal Wick Cotton??

I think my taste buds are wasted, I cant find a difference between, Kendo Gold, Dischem cotton, Jap cotton, CB V2 or the sheets you get free with the RDA's and RTA's.

So I guess I am lucky I use what ever is available and/or cheapest

yes but I'm getting the idea that I'm falling into the stupid vapers category. Streaky Cotton for the win.
Not at all.I know you know your stuff.

Experienced and very long in this game

@Deckie i think i know what you doing wrong. While wicking are you sipping on Tea while eating cucumber sandwiches?

Aparently this is the right wicking method.

For me personally I find it soaks up juice faster and giving a more dense vape. Using it in a squonker with the exact same coil setup I've been using for a while. Cotton Bacon is great too, nothing wrong with it, but I do prefer Royal Wick.

Hi guys,

Just my two cents on the subject. I am by no means a wicking expert, but can say that I have wicked my share of coils before and have tried a variety of cotton to do it. Now, with that said...I am a bit disappointed with my royal wick experience so far. I have tried several different wicking methods, coil types and juices, but can't seem to get this cotton to do what I want/expect from it.

When wicking, I use the following criteria to judge my work afterwards:

1. Flavour - the cotton must be able to bring out the flavour from the juice
2. Ease of use - the cotton must be easy to work with
3. Wicking - the cotton must be able to transfer the juice to the coils (no matter how big they are)
4. No leaking - this is not really up to the cotton, but more up to your wicking skills
5. Longevity - don't want to re-wick every day!
6. Vapeing experience - Next to flavour, this is probably the most important point for me. Let me explain what I mean by this. I love a smooth, dense, flavourful vape. Normally the smoothest few drags is the 2 or 3 drags after re-wicking your coils and you have primed them to the point where the juice wants to drip off them. I love taking those first few drags, and if I can get every drag after that to be as close to that as possible, I'll consider it a good wick!

To get back to the point, I simply don't get that smooth, flavourful vape from Royal Wick. No matter what I do, there always seem to be a little gargling going on. Also, because it is so soft and fluffy, it is slightly more difficult to work with and don't last that long. I must say, the flavour is not too bad and break-in is very quick.

I think Royal Wick does have a place and might shine on low wattage builds, but find other cottons more suited to my vaping style (big coils, low ohms, plenty watts). These include Bacon V2, Cotton Candy, Native Wicks. I will say, that I was pleasantly surprised by the bag of Streaky Cotton I got as a freebie at Vapecon. Not the softest cotton...but easy to work with and wicks like a champ!!!

Hi guys,

Just my two cents on the subject. I am by no means a wicking expert, but can say that I have wicked my share of coils before and have tried a variety of cotton to do it. Now, with that said...I am a bit disappointed with my royal wick experience so far. I have tried several different wicking methods, coil types and juices, but can't seem to get this cotton to do what I want/expect from it.

3. Wicking - the cotton must be able to transfer the juice to the coils (no matter how big they are)
4. No leaking - this is not really up to the cotton, but more up to your wicking skills
6. Vapeing experience - Next to flavour, this is probably the most important point for me. Let me explain what I mean by this. I love a smooth, dense, flavourful vape. Normally the smoothest few drags is the 2 or 3 drags after re-wicking your coils and you have primed them to the point where the juice wants to drip off them. I love taking those first few drags, and if I can get every drag after that to be as close to that as possible, I'll consider it a good wick!

To get back to the point, I simply don't get that smooth, flavourful vape from Royal Wick. No matter what I do, there always seem to be a little gargling going on. Also, because it is so soft and fluffy, it is slightly more difficult to work with and don't last that long. I must say, the flavour is not too bad and break-in is very quick.

I think Royal Wick does have a place and might shine on low wattage builds, but find other cottons more suited to my vaping style (big coils, low ohms, plenty watts). These include Bacon V2, Cotton Candy, Native Wicks. I will say, that I was pleasantly surprised by the bag of Streaky Cotton I got as a freebie at Vapecon. Not the softest cotton...but easy to work with and wicks like a champ!!!
Now that, Sir, is a proper response. Thank you.

Am I the only one still using Rayon? :-D

I've never really felt the need to experiment with different cottons, and maybe one day when I can't get hold of Rayon I might be forced to go and get into trying all sorts of cottons. But Rayon for my fruits and mints, and the just plain ol' UD cotton for anything else.

Anything else I've tried just seems to be cotton, nothing new, nothing special :confused:

Not planning on buying cotton for another year with all the Streaky I got at Vapecon, but hell this thread is fun to watch!

@Deckie i think i know what you doing wrong. While wicking are you sipping on Tea while eating cucumber sandwiches?

Aparently this is the right wicking method.
I'm going to give it a try tonight .... how many hours is the recommended time one should devote to wicking 1 RTA/RDA correctly? :(

Now that, Sir, is a proper response. Thank you.
Thanks Andre,

It seems this is somewhat of a controversial subject. Very glad I created this thread though... fun to read!:firedevil:

Am I the only one still using Rayon? :-D

I've never really felt the need to experiment with different cottons, and maybe one day when I can't get hold of Rayon I might be forced to go and get into trying all sorts of cottons. But Rayon for my fruits and mints, and the just plain ol' UD cotton for anything else.

Anything else I've tried just seems to be cotton, nothing new, nothing special :confused:

@Stosta ....Rayon is just another way of spelling MintWick ;)

Attachments

• 2017-09-07 11.14.05.jpg
    2017-09-07 11.14.05.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 35
Hi guys,

Very well put sir!
I also think it's geared more at lower watts because it's natural cotton.

I could never get the kak taste out of kendo gold unless I went beyond 50W.

That being said, anyone want to swop royal wicks for a bag of kendo or cbv2 :D

Very well put sir!
I also think it's geared more at lower watts because it's natural cotton.

I could never get the kak taste out of kendo gold unless I went beyond 50W.

That being said, anyone want to swop royal wicks for a bag of kendo or cbv2 :D
how is your stash holding up?

Wicks are so interesting

I like my Jap cotton pads in the RM2 for my tobaccoes.

Cotton Bacon CB2 is for most other devices and I like it.

Rayon for my fruity menthols at low power restricted lung definitely feels more crisp and mentholated than the other wicks I've tried.

Haven't tried the newer wicks of late but am keen to give them a go

To me - Crapest cotton I used - Streaky Cotton beats it hands down.

Tickets are too rich for my blood.
Streaky cotton is the worst cotton I have ever used, give clouds but flavour is crap, Royal wicks is king. Thats my opinion. I leave the jury to decide

I just rewicked 2 rda’s to give royal wick a go.

Let’s see how things go...

Back