RSQ Hotcig regulated Squonker Reviews

Got it , same magnet issue ... should really have had better QC but I suppose magnets got sticked on last so no real checks done ?

Otherwise solid mod ... video review coming up!

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-21 at 10.22.25.jpeg

c4249ed80a5194931733be666aabd192.jpg

And we’re up and running... so far no faults or issues. Straight into power mode at 70W

c867ab5057958c0900a66bf6cf955224.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else struggling to get batteries out ? I already tore a wrap on 1 getting it out . should really have put a pull tab in the battery tray

I remove battery like I do with SVA mod
Hold mod and smack it hard into open palm of other hand and battery pops out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My apologies I somehow thought u couldn’t use other bottles due to the shape I will test mine later with my sjmy bottles.

Last note @skola @Silver i do find it ever so slightly underpowered compared to the dna chip but nothing to worry about maybe 3-5w less. I jus pushed the power up slightly. I would still rather take this device
I am using the SJMY bottle in it currently and it fits perfectly. Gonna pop in to Vape King later and get some black Coil Master silicone bottles as they are the same size as the SJMY.

I remove battery like I do with SVA mod
Hold mod and smack it hard into open palm of other hand and battery pops out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It has a little indent at the bottom by the positive end. Just stick the side of your finger in or nail if long enough

c4249ed80a5194931733be666aabd192.jpg

And we’re up and running... so far no faults or issues. Straight into power mode at 70W

c867ab5057958c0900a66bf6cf955224.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha half a bottle and the battery is kaput

not bad
will need to try a high power build

I think the resistance makes all the difference... Gonna do full battery and full bottle test in a bit... Just need to clear my desk as well as empty the 'testing' juice in the bottle

I am 2 bottles (SJMY - 6ml i think) down and my battery is at 63%. Using LG brownies.
RDA that I'm using is a Hadaly, 0.23 ohm Alien coil in the deck, vaping at 45-50 watts.

Thanks for all the inputs
Very useful and informative.

@Daniel , when you've done your video please also pop a link to it here in this thread. Asseblief.

How do u get it to show the percentage of the battery I don’t get that bud
Press fire 3 times to get in the menu. Then press the fire button till you land on the amps. Then use the +- buttons to change.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, need some advice on this. Im a total vape noob. Ive been using an AIO for a few months. I noticed the hype around this mod, and was intrigued.

Then researched squonking, and I now know what that is.

I would prefer as small an inconspicuous a mid as possible, and this ticks that box. I've been reading on tanks vs drips. If I were to get a rebuildable, I think I would prefer an rta over an rda.

All that being said, it seems that the squonker method is the best of both worlds.

So, my questions are, do squonk mods leak?

Can you squeeze too much liquid up into the rda?

Is an rda better than an rta?

What else do I need to buy to have a working vape, once I've bought the squonk mod?

TIA
Vc

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, need some advice on this. Im a total vape noob. Ive been using an AIO for a few months. I noticed the hype around this mod, and was intrigued.

Then researched squonking, and I now know what that is.

I would prefer as small an inconspicuous a mid as possible, and this ticks that box. I've been reading on tanks vs drips. If I were to get a rebuildable, I think I would prefer an rta over an rda.

All that being said, it seems that the squonker method is the best of both worlds.

So, my questions are, do squonk mods leak?

Can you squeeze too much liquid up into the rda?

Is an rda better than an rta?

What else do I need to buy to have a working vape, once I've bought the squonk mod?

TIA
Vc

U seem to hav a good understanding so far. The squonker basically gives u the wonderful flavour of a dripper that really can’t b beaten, without the need to drip.

So basically u fill the squonk bottle and u good to go. When u taste ur wick getting a bit dry u giv a light press and hold the bottle in for a couple seconds. Yes u can oversquonk but trust me u get used to the squonk action so quickly within a day.

U jus need a nice atty now a nice dripper that has the bottom fed pin with it which enables u to feed the juice from the bottom of the dripper. A great entry level is the wasp. I would recommend single coil droppers for this mod as it is a single battery and u want to get the most out of battery life. All U will need is a dripper and juice and single battery and u good to go.

U seem to hav a good understanding so far. The squonker basically gives u the wonderful flavour of a dripper that really can’t b beaten, without the need to drip.

So basically u fill the squonk bottle and u good to go. When u taste ur wick getting a bit dry u giv a light press and hold the bottle in for a couple seconds. Yes u can oversquonk but trust me u get used to the squonk action so quickly within a day.

U jus need a nice atty now a nice dripper that has the bottom fed pin with it which enables u to feed the juice from the bottom of the dripper. A great entry level is the wasp. I would recommend single coil droppers for this mod as it is a single battery and u want to get the most out of battery life. All U will need is a dripper and juice and single battery and u good to go.
Thx for the advice scouse45. Can any rda be used? I assume you need a different pin to allow the little pipe to fit through.

Are there only specific rda's that allow the pin with the hole.

Im mostly concerned about leaks, since I'll likely be carrying it around in my pocket most of the day.

@Scouse45 summed it up very well @veecee

on the issue of leaking, if you carry a squonk setup in your pocket and say you just squonked so there is juice in the atty and you take just one vape and put it in your pocket, it may leak a bit if the atty turns to an angle. Juice may seep out the airholes

But if you vape it till it needs another squonk (ie quite dry) then there is usually not a problem. In my Reo squonkers i never get leaking directly from the juice bottle.

@Scouse45 summed it up very well @veecee

on the issue of leaking, if you carry a squonk setup in your pocket and say you just squonked so there is juice in the atty and you take just one vape and put it in your pocket, it may leak a bit if the atty turns to an angle. Juice may seep out the airholes

But if you vape it till it needs another squonk (ie quite dry) then there is usually not a problem. In my Reo squonkers i never get leaking directly from the juice bottle.
Thx silver, appreciate it

Thx silver, appreciate it

Hi @veecee, yip you are looking at a good little setup there. I've been eyeing it myself but need to draw the line somewhere.
This mod is a regulated unit so you will be relatively safe, just be aware that most squonk mods are mechanical and do not posses the safety devices of a regulated mod, so be aware not all squonkers are the same. For completeness's sake you will require a bottom fed RDA with this, which implies building your own coils or buying pre-made ones. So a coil building kit will also be a necessity if you go the own coil way.
Coming back to my first statement, although this is a regulated mod and the resistance of your build is not that critical, it would be a good and recommended practice to familiarize yourself with Ohm's law just to play it safe. One can over stress the battery in a regulated mod as well. There is a thread on this somewhere, just can't find it now. Think @Silver started it a few months ago.

Anyhow, enjoy the journey, I think you will enjoy this little device.

Regards

Hi @veecee, yip you are looking at a good little setup there. I've been eyeing it myself but need to draw the line somewhere.
This mod is a regulated unit so you will be relatively safe, just be aware that most squonk mods are mechanical and do not posses the safety devices of a regulated mod, so be aware not all squonkers are the same. For completeness's sake you will require a bottom fed RDA with this, which implies building your own coils or buying pre-made ones. So a coil building kit will also be a necessity if you go the own coil way.
Coming back to my first statement, although this is a regulated mod and the resistance of your build is not that critical, it would be a good and recommended practice to familiarize yourself with Ohm's law just to play it safe. One can over stress the battery in a regulated mod as well. There is a thread on this somewhere, just can't find it now. Think @Silver started it a few months ago.

Anyhow, enjoy the journey, I think you will enjoy this little device.

Regards
I was referring to another thread but this one also deals with it.

Cheers!

Back