SA's quality home grown MOD!

WOW . Local is lekker. Nice job guys. Looks amazing. Everything looks quality... But why the 27mm Diameter?

Thanks @whatalotigot, it just worked out that way, to accomodate the wooden sleeve it would not have been possible keeping to the standard 22mm O.D.

Hmmm. I admire the wooden sleeve but now no atty will fit flush... I think maybe your next project should be a 27mm atty and have your own monopoly of device. Screw universal. Look how apple Iphone does it :D

Really love the mod, and quality ... but the 27mm is a let down :( 1st mod afterall though. I think there is only good to come from this.
we create, we learn, we recreate.

These will all sell and the next batch will be better. Cannot wait to see the progress :)

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum so cut me some slack please. Where can we buy these local mods? They look awesome!
Hi @JasonM and welcome to the forum.

As the creator stated earlier in the thread -

@ScorpionL2K they will be available at vape king from next week, only 10 will be at their shop, but I have some in stock, so if you want one, hit me up with a PM.

;)

What a great looking mod.

Message sent via tapatalk

Thanks again everyone you guys are awesome!!!! @whatalotigot I understand exactly what you mean, and knew that some folks wouldn't like the fact that it is a 27mm mod, but I have made the first devise to be different from anything else available. In the future there will be 22mm mods available, for sure cos I also love me some flushness!!!

@Justin Pattrick.
Great looking mod,glad we have local products to look too at last.
The market for locally produced mods has certainly grown by leaps and bounds during my membership here.
Are the wooden tubes interchangeable.
If so any possibility of brass/ copper,or even an inlay of either into the wooden tube.

Congrats @Justin Pattrick
Mod looks great in the photos of @Rob Fisher
So glad for you!
Wishing you all the best with the mod building going forward!
SA rocks

I have been waiting for this one for a while and this morning the courier brought me Vape Mail of historical importance! Serial number 0002 is mine!

The first South African MOD to see the light of day! Let me introduce you to the Shamus Mech Mod made by @Justin Pattrick! I will test it over the next week or so but I know it's a winner already!

The quality is simply awesome and it really is a thing of beauty! Here are some pictures!

View attachment 22512 View attachment 22513 View attachment 22514 View attachment 22515 View attachment 22516 View attachment 22517
This looks very nice, Seen it on Phill's Video as well, but I hope a copper version is available later on :)

Great article. Now I want a silver one;)
That article and some more research I did was also e the big reason I am satying away, far away from SS mech mods from now on... the voltage drop is insane... Remember the voltage drop ratings I posted in the Dimitri mech mod posts a while back..

With steal, as you can see at the very bottom of that post, you will note that the conductivity is crap!!! and SS depending on the grade is even worse than just steel!!!

Aluminium and up for me from now on, hehe... and that is also a nice one with the Dimitri, copper contacts plated with silver, hehe...

That article and some more research I did was also e the big reason I am satying away, far away from SS mech mods from now on... the voltage drop is insane... Remember the voltage drop ratings I posted in the Dimitri mech mod posts a while back..

With steal, as you can see at the very bottom of that post, you will note that the conductivity is crap!!! and SS depending on the grade is even worse than just steel!!!

Aluminium and up for me from now on, hehe... and that is also a nice one with the Dimitri, copper contacts plated with silver, hehe...
A few decades ago I dabbled in making silver jewelry as a hobby. Still have some left. Must try and make a silver firing pin for my Reo. The Reo is aluminium and the positive contact (firing pin) and spring are gold plated copper. Wonder why they gold plated the copper?

they Gold plate them because silver and copper are more susceptible to rust, also one of the reasons why gold is used in the making of computer parts..... makes them more reliable this way... :)

@Andre the reason why they gold plated the beryllium copper is to prevent oxidation and is standard procedure in electrical- and electronic contact material. Its the same as with our army step-outs, it also had gold plated brass buttons to prevent tarnishing of the buttons.

PS: gold is also an excellent conductor.

Back