Show us your builds - Drippers (RDAs)

unadegyp.jpg
yqudemap.jpg
emu9u5yg.jpg

@ZortEd @BansheeZA @Tank

sent from my telegraph machine using Tapalalk stop

Last edited:
At last I can post in this thread :dance:

Built me my first sub ohm dual coil in my shiny new Igo-L. Nothing fancy just 28g Kanthal wrapped around a 2mm Allen key 11 times and stuffed with cotton. Cotton is easy, but after being spoiled with rayon I can confidently say that cotton sucks ass! Anyhow, it comes out to 0.8 ohm. I smothered it in Elvis' Breakfast at 12mg and fired it up on the Maraxus with a red efest v2 1600 18650. It's a good warm vape, tastes good so far but need to get past that icky cotton taste... also visibility in the room is down to about 10cm and I now have a headache. So I'll call this a winner :D

image.jpg image.jpg

@BumbleBee i see you are loving your next step ;D so glad dude ;)

If you dont like the cotton taste just throw some juice on there and instead of sucking, just blow for a toot or 2 and then take an inhale ;) :)

At last I can post in this thread :dance:

Built me my first sub ohm dual coil in my shiny new Igo-L. Nothing fancy just 28g Kanthal wrapped around a 2mm Allen key 11 times and stuffed with cotton. Cotton is easy, but after being spoiled with rayon I can confidently say that cotton sucks ass! Anyhow, it comes out to 0.8 ohm. I smothered it in Elvis' Breakfast at 12mg and fired it up on the Maraxus with a red efest v2 1600 18650. It's a good warm vape, tastes good so far but need to get past that icky cotton taste... also visibility in the room is down to about 10cm and I now have a headache. So I'll call this a winner :D

View attachment 9514 View attachment 9515

Lovely neat parallel coil @BumbleBee !

Hope this is the right place to ask.

I built two twisted coils for the Magma, put them in my Hana, it registers at 1Ohm. Vapour production is high, but the taste is very muted. I've tried raising and lowering the coils height above the airflow holes but it doesn't really change anything.

The coils seem to be functioning properly. Is this just how the twisted coil produces flavour? Do I need to drop the Ohms?

All help and advice greatly appreciated.

For the record my lady, I put it to you that it's .30 gauge kenthal wrapped 12 times with a 2mm id.

Well @NickT i love my twisted wire. Not a single rda i own has a single wire in. 2pair and 3 pair twisted. How on earth you get 1 ohm on 2 twisted wires i don't under stand. I struggle just to get anything above 0. 5 ohm. Flavour for me on the twisted wires seems better. But yeah, i think you are way to high. The twisted wires takes longer to heat up and that might be why you are having trouble. I would suggest droppin to 5 or so winds on a 2mm ID and then you should be at a point where i am. Now all this said.. What gauge wire are you using, how many winds? And what inner diameter size are you winding around.

sent via pigeon... please feed and return to sender

Hope this is the right place to ask.

I built two twisted coils for the Magma, put them in my Hana, it registers at 1Ohm. Vapour production is high, but the taste is very muted. I've tried raising and lowering the coils height above the airflow holes but it doesn't really change anything.

The coils seem to be functioning properly. Is this just how the twisted coil produces flavour? Do I need to drop the Ohms?

All help and advice greatly appreciated.

For the record my lady, I put it to you that it's .30 gauge kenthal wrapped 12 times with a 2mm id.

I personally find flavor is very muted with twisted coils from round kanthal

Well @NickT i love my twisted wire. Not a single rda i own has a single wire in. 2pair and 3 pair twisted. How on earth you get 1 ohm on 2 twisted wires i don't under stand. I struggle just to get anything above 0. 5 ohm. Flavour for me on the twisted wires seems better. But yeah, i think you are way to high. The twisted wires takes longer to heat up and that might be why you are having trouble. I would suggest droppin to 5 or so winds on a 2mm ID and then you should be at a point where i am. Now all this said.. What gauge wire are you using, how many winds? And what inner diameter size are you winding around.

Hey @ZortEd, sorry, I edited my post after I posted it.

"For the record my lady, I put it to you that it's .30 gauge kenthal wrapped 12 times with a 2mm id."

30gauge.. Ill take 4 wires. Wrap them and give that a try.. Maybe do 3 wire twisted. But 5 to 6 Wraps o have found works awsome. And i twist 26ga.

Thats the spirit...

Thats my Zenith V2 Tripple twisted 26 0.3 ohm flat..

I see the stupid pigeon dropped the same message twice... I'll have to starve him for a few days now!

LoL.. Thanx @Andre i mess around so much with coils its not even true. That was the main reason why i got 4 km of kanthal... But at this rate it will be done soon...

LoL.. Thanx @Andre i mess around so much with coils its not even true. That was the main reason why i got 4 km of kanthal... But at this rate it will be done soon...

And what a great hobby, just takes your mind away. And you are clearly very good at it.....keep it up and post your creations for us to clumsy peeps to drool over.

3d5fe46fbf2f2d3e920f2ff069061efa.jpg
Then you end up with something like this..

And what a great hobby, just takes your mind away. And you are clearly very good at it.....keep it up and post your creations for us to clumsy peeps to drool over.
Agreed, @ZortEd seems to have this coil building thing pegged... I think he deserves something Shiny :D

Twisting the wire takes most of the time but when you twist a couple of meters at a time the building takes like a minute.. And for those who are interrested i heat and quench the twisted coils..kind of tempering them. They are rigid as hell but you can tug on them with cotton all day long and nothing will haapen to them. They just spring back.

Ok, here's my new build. Tops out at .6-.7 Ohm. It's not terribly neat, but with the posts being so far apart, a smaller coil starts getting pulled apart.

Will update on whether it sucks or not.
image.jpg

If i may suggest something else @NickT when you wind you coils..and heat them up while you have them in the tweezers or tongs bend the legs out to the width of your posts. That way your coil won't pull apart and will look neat.

Back