Show us your Builds - User Made Tank Coils (Protanks, Nautilus Etc.)

So have anyone done a 0.8 ohm coil on these coil builds? I want to give it a go. The rubber grommet won't burn a t 0.8 ohm?

So have anyone done a 0.8 ohm coil on these coil builds? I want to give it a go. The rubber grommet won't burn a t 0.8 ohm?

Lowest I went on the mPT2 coils was 1.5 ohms @TylerD
I didn't get burning of the rubber grommet - but I was also careful not to dry burn it too much when changing wick. Just a few short quick pulses. After a while though I often remembered a few brown discolouration marks on the grommet. Perhaps the initial signs of some burning. I think these were not for going subohm.

But maybe give it a try and let us know
I worry though because 0.8 ohms on a 4V battery will pull 5 amps and I doubt these Clearos were designed for that.

Lowest I went on the mPT2 coils was 1.5 ohms @TylerD
I didn't get burning of the rubber grommet - but I was also careful not to dry burn it too much when changing wick. Just a few short quick pulses. After a while though I often remembered a few brown discolouration marks on the grommet. Perhaps the initial signs of some burning. I think these were not for going subohm.

But maybe give it a try and let us know
I worry though because 0.8 ohms on a 4V battery will pull 5 amps and I doubt these Clearos were designed for that.
Cool stuff. Thanks @Silver . I will try it. Are the standard 0.8 coils, one can buy made differently to the ,say 1.5 coils?

I use 1.8 ohm coils on a MPT3 mini, if I vape mindless I taste not burnt, but rather heated rubber - for the odd toot, 0.8 ohm might be ok, but doubt that you will be able to take more than 3 or 4 long consecutive toots.

I use 1.8 ohm coils on a MPT3 mini, if I vape mindless I taste not burnt, but rather heated rubber - for the odd toot, 0.8 ohm might be ok, but doubt that you will be able to take more than 3 or 4 long consecutive toots.
I want to try it on the pipe. Just when I'm easy vaping at night.
My reason is that I like a hot vape. Can't do a cold vape.

@TylerD i get the same Aerotank 1.2 ohm coil with a regulated mod, I have to vape at between 8 and 10watt with cotton .. with Rayon i can go up to 12watt before i get the dryhit after two or three toots.

Cool stuff. Thanks @Silver . I will try it. Are the standard 0.8 coils, one can buy made differently to the ,say 1.5 coils?

Really not sure @TylerD - I havent tried the 0.8 commercial coils...
At the moment, I am vaping the 1.8 ohm BVC coil on the Nautilus Mini and the 1.8 ohm Kanger coil on the EVOD1
Both for the occasional mindless vape. It works fine for me.
I am interested and curious to also try the lower ohm commercial coils but then I would need a different regulated device that can fire these lower ohms.

I am really having difficulty recoiling the mpt3 coils.
I have about 20 old ones that I would like to put to use, but either the rubber grommit at the bottom leaks or tears.
I also don't always get a reading on the mvp2 (NON).
And when I think i have one going i pull litres of juice (over-exaggeration) into my mouth.

My MVP wont fire under 1.2 ohm, so have built the new Aerotank dual coils @ 1.3 ohm. Waiting for my Hana to push those limits :)

Really @Stroodlepuff ? From what I read thats the normal safe limits for the MVP. I tried it on a dripper as well. Could fire a 1.2 ohm at 11 watts, but it didn't seem very efficient.
So the question is, where have you been able to push it too?

At lower that 1 ohm the rubber grommets aren't happy. I've burnt through a few off them especially if you chain vape. The newer coils come with silicone insulators, no problems with those.

Really @Stroodlepuff ? From what I read thats the normal safe limits for the MVP. I tried it on a dripper as well. Could fire a 1.2 ohm at 11 watts, but it didn't seem very efficient.
So the question is, where have you been able to push it too?

It is safe to 1ohm - I pushed mine to 0.8 but I wouldn't recommend it - nothing bad happened to me or the mvp but you never know

I am really having difficulty recoiling the mpt3 coils.
I have about 20 old ones that I would like to put to use, but either the rubber grommit at the bottom leaks or tears.
I also don't always get a reading on the mvp2 (NON).
And when I think i have one going i pull litres of juice (over-exaggeration) into my mouth.

I also find the MVP2 to be quite finicky with Kanger rebuilds.

I have found a few problems:
- the coil itself touching metal cup (coil housing)
- coil is to high up, so when you put the chimney back on it touches
- when you trim the excess Kanthal by the grommet, tuck in any you can't get to under the rubber. I found if any kanthal sticks out and touches the connector on the MVP, it says NON.
- the pin may be to far out or not enough (pin that seals the grommet)

At lower that 1 ohm the rubber grommets aren't happy. I've burnt through a few off them especially if you chain vape. The newer coils come with silicone insulators, no problems with those.

Just checking @Gazzacpt - are the rubber ones white in colour and the new silicon ones clear? (i.e. sort of see through)

Back