Show us your Builds - User Made Tank Coils (Protanks, Nautilus Etc.)

Have you guys tried any NR-R-NR coils?

Ive ordered some 1.8ohms from FT as Im always concerned that the grommet is gonna burn. They seem to use these on the factory built coil from Kanger. They were really cheap, think it was around $2 for 50 coils.

Ive ordered some 1.8ohms from FT as Im always concerned that the grommet is gonna burn. They seem to use these on the factory built coil from Kanger. They were really cheap, think it was around $2 for 50 coils.
Have not tried them as yet, been trying to find a ready built zapper I could purchase as well as a constant supply of NR wire. I would like to try nr-r-nr builds not only in the mpt range but in the ithaka as well

I've tried them actually gave away a bunch of ready wire at the last vape meet. Its ok to do normal wrap around silica coils but not so nice for micro coils or cotton wicking. One of my holiday projects is @johans diy wire zapper to make up nr - r - nr wire.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

I've tried them actually gave away a bunch of ready wire at the last vape meet. Its ok to do normal wrap around silica coils but not so nice for micro coils or cotton wicking. One of my holiday projects is @johans diy wire zapper to make up nr - r - nr wire.

Dude please tell me that you will be willing to make to sell, I would love to get my hands on one.

Can you zap nr wire onto the legs of an already built micro coil?

eventually if i get a zapper i would like to make my own but no way in heck am i ever using those factory mass produced coils :) now one of my microcoils with NR leads, that's what i dream of

eventually if i get a zapper i would like to make my own but no way in heck am i ever using those factory mass produced coils :) now one of my microcoils with NR leads, that's what i dream of
I buy factory coils simply for the cups

Just hang on, after the voltmeter project I will do a couple of zapper pcb's and those that don't see fit to DIY assembling, I will organize assembling.

Just hang on, after the voltmeter project I will do a couple of zapper pcb's and those that don't see fit to DIY assembling, I will organize assembling.
@johan you are a legend components and assembly isn't an issue but the pcb would be marvellous. I'm in for one of those.

Dude please tell me that you will be willing to make to sell, I would love to get my hands on one.

Can you zap nr wire onto the legs of an already built micro coil?
Yeah you can zap a leg onto a coil. if you get all the bits I'll assemble for you or @johan might do a limited run because he love us so much.

Quick question. Busy building a dual coil for the aerotank. To get a 1.8 ohm resistance, does each coil need to be 3.6 ohms?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Meh, close enough.

u5ybe6ab.jpg

And....I've impressed myself. First rebuild at the ohms I want and no leaking!

Well done. Not easy to do that!
Fine achievement
Must feel great!

Thank you :D started getting impatient and angry because I cut the wire a bit short. On both coils one leg was slightly longer than the other. The longer one would go through and the shorter one would keep hooking the cup.

Been watching a lot of youtube videos with rebuilding coils.

Im gonna get myself some Kanthol over the weekend and give it a try.
Will 32g Kanthol be sufficient?
Wanna rebuild the Aero Tanks coils. Will it be possible to build a single coil in it? I read that rebuilding the dual coil is an absolute nightmare.

Also what is "suywwacs?"

*Edit: Nevermind. I just worked it out. "Show Us Your Working Wicks And Coil Setups"

Been watching a lot of youtube videos with rebuilding coils.

Im gonna get myself some Kanthol over the weekend and give it a try.
Will 32g Kanthol be sufficient?
Wanna rebuild the Aero Tanks coils. Will it be possible to build a single coil in it? I read that rebuilding the dual coil is an absolute nightmare.

Also what is "suywwacs?"

*Edit: Nevermind. I just worked it out. "Show Us Your Working Wicks And Coil Setups"
You can build a single coil in the mPT3 but then you will need to go with a 2.4mm or 3mm ID to assist with the possibility of leaking

32g can work, just depends on what ohms you are aiming for.

what you can do though is use a standard evod cup, build a single coil in there and then use that in the aero tank.

You can build a single coil in the mPT3 but then you will need to go with a 2.4mm or 3mm ID to assist with the possibility of leaking

32g can work, just depends on what ohms you are aiming for.

what you can do though is use a standard evod cup, build a single coil in there and then use that in the aero tank.

Was thinking of around 1.6 or 1.8 ohms. That should be pretty ideal I think?

Unfortunately don't have an evod cup. Only have 2 iclear 16b tanks and the aero.

Would it be better to go for the cotton as a wicking source or some wick?
Or is that also down to personal preference?

wick is really personal preference, I personally prefer cotton

if you are going to try dual coil (1.4mm ID in each coil) in the aero then that resistance is perfect

should give a brilliant vape

Ok cool. I'm gonna give it a go this weekend and see how it goes.

So will go with 1.4mm ID and 32g kanthol and cotton.
I recon 6 wraps on each coil should be sufficient hey?

Ok cool. I'm gonna give it a go this weekend and see how it goes.

So will go with 1.4mm ID and 32g kanthol and cotton.
I recon 6 wraps on each coil should be sufficient hey?

if you are going dual coil then each coil needs to be 12 wraps

That should give you a resistance of 3.2 ohms per coil which would then work out to 1.6ohms as your final setup

Remember with dual coil, you divide the coil resistance by 2 to get the final resistance. Also your 2 coils must be identical, i.e. both must be the same gauge wire with the same amount of wraps

That should give you a resistance of 3.2 ohms per coil which would then work out to 1.6ohms as your final setup

Remember with dual coil, you divide the coil resistance by 2 to get the final resistance. Also your 2 coils must be identical, i.e. both must be the same gauge wire with the same amount of wraps

Ah ok. I see. I missed that part of the leason. Ha ha.

I've only seen vids on single coils.
Thanks for the advice.
12 wraps sound like a lot hey. :lol:

Back