Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i gotta ask , is there somewhere that you can get a app or something to work out what you need to build coils .. !

so i gotta ask , is there somewhere that you can get a app or something to work out what you need to build coils .. !
Not that I know of. You need wire, wick (silica, cotton), a mandrel (e.g. 1.5 mm drill bit), something to hold the mandrel (like a C-clamp) and an ohm meter (like your SVD) and some application from your side. If not a micro coil, you do not need a mandrel, then you just wrap around the silica by hand with the wires not touching. Your sure to find a video or two or three on Youtube for a build for your specific atomizer.

Actually there is and it's pretty nifty.... DRUM ROLL!

START>All Programs>Accessories>Calculator

:D:D:D

ha ha , that was funny , and i knew it was coming .. will go look .. thanks

Life and it's ways... I forgot I had something due to saving it away until I had what was needed for a build.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... :D:D:D

Anyway, the parts still haven't arrived but I figured I'd try stretch 2mm Ekowool.

And it worked! Fits like a glove.

So this goes here. This goes here and this goes there.

Wrap it...
Figured I'd just do a single coil.

Metered out at 0.7ohms...
And poof! No hotspots, no issues, wicks great, might be a little warm, good vape.

DON'T STASH THOSE GENIES! They vape great with this build!

And isn't she lovely!

lol eish!!! Ah ok thought you may have known a secret South African supplier that none of us know of :p

Some questions please Revn. Thickness of the ss rope? Did you cut it yourself? If so, how?

It's 2mm rope but cutting that stuff yourself... joh, you'll need a dremel. I get them pre-cut.

The rope i got from cvs was cut perfectly! Must have been with dremmel as well. Just need some ekowool. Gonna try gennie build before the weekend

I dont know what that thing is called that we used lol

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Pictures .. required

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Knowing CVS it probably looked like this:

panga-machete-97pm-full-1.jpg

Hmmm I am not sure it would be that sofisticated

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Trying to use the iPad for photos, so excuse the horrid quality. Should get iPhone today or monday.
My new mistr, with helios, and isolated driptip.
usu9yzud.jpg

Then after various configurations i finally found the one that is working best. Both coils in front, and moved a bit inwards.
For now I'm using cotton. Tried silica last night, but it was not wicking propperly.
The current build is 0.45 ohm. I bit heavy for me, but the kanthal will still settle.
This is what it looks like now.
vy3e9uve.jpg

XC-132 ceramic wick. Supposed to last very long. Shall see. Wicks very well.
fPmQlHi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back