Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt look like a dual coil to me

This is also know as a dual coil hey?

It's a single micro coil Nooby. Dual would mean that you'd see another one on the opposite end. (In some cases on top of it, or some other odd location.) But nevertheless, you'd see two of those.

Yeah I know what you guys are saying... but also keep in mind that it is still 2 wires connected to positive and negative post. would a normal 8 wrap single coil produce a 0.5 ohm coil? Sorry, just being technical lol :oops:

I missed that part. It is in fact a dual coil. He's twisted the wires.

Is it beneficial?

Well the idea of duals was to cover a greater surface area by dropping resistance down enough to justify having the extra coil which would as a whole require more power.

Is this being achieved in a setup like this? No

Does my rambling mean anything? No

Should you not do it? No

Whatever blows your face off.

I'm off to breakfast.

lol its all part of playing around

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

This is also know as a dual coil hey?
Not as far as I know, Nooby. Dual coils are two coils, not one coil with 2 wires twisted together. But, they do have a similar effect - more real estate because of lower resistance.

Twisting 2 wires together effectively puts them in parallel. It doesn't matter if they're touching each other or if they're mounted further apart.

2 wires twisted together are two coils. It just looks like 1, maybe best explained in this manner.

Current will now need to run through both wires instead of just one and its going to run through both those wires side by side.
It's probably not what we in the vaping world would refer to as a dual coil in the conventional sense, but the same principles are applied.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Love your work CVS. I havent seen that done b4 good eyes there guys I missed that completely.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

oops forgot the pic
ujyvary8.jpg

Ok, so you inspired me to do a 30g twist. Exactly what I wanted in a vape! Thick plumes deluxe!!!!
Came to .67 ohm. Must say it was a ***** to tighten the coil to the screws.
Thanks @Cape vaping supplies
20140105_191858.jpg

Interested to hear how you twisted the coils.

I'd like to see what this does on the kayfun.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ok, so you inspired me to do a 30g twist. Exactly what I wanted in a vape! Thick plumes deluxe!!!!
Came to .67 ohm. Must say it was a ***** to tighten the coil to the screws.
Thanks @Cape vaping supplies
View attachment 613
Great looking coil there TylerD. Yes, post holes work better for twisted. I just twist mine doubled around the end of a pen inside the pen clip, but most peeps just use a drill.

wow nice one tyler... your twist is much better then mine I did mine by hand with hanger and screwdriver. do you notice more flavor?

wow nice one tyler... your twist is much better then mine I did mine by hand with hanger and screwdriver. do you notice more flavor?

Must say, the flavor is a bit better for me. I think its because of the long draw you need for the coil. Really love it! Doesn't heat up so quick as a dual @ 0.6

I experienced the same with flavor...

Looks awsum @TylerD i think im going to do the same build tonight .. dnt have a drill tho so twist by hand

Just yo be different im going to try this .. braided kanthol lol bt thinks ill need 32g wire or resistance will be to low
ysydyse6.jpg

Not so easy braiding kanthol lol ill give it a try tho

you guys are really inspiring!!!

keep up the awesomeness!!!

Ok, so I have me self a new Aqua! Whoop!!!
Like dripping, without dripping every second! Love it!
28g Kanthal dual 10wraps each, 1.5mm drill. 0.7 ohm. Not very tight. Was too exited to care. :D
Awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!! Taste and plumes! Heaven????
20140107_162953.jpg

Looks awesome - still extremely neat for an excited guy, TylerD. Vape compared to the Kayfun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back