Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Rob Fisher - all the best with the Kayfun!

I hear what you are saying regarding the difference perhaps being a bit of an overkill.

I don't have the Nautilus, but my "no fuss workhorse" is the mPT2, which you know well. When I got my IGO-L dripper set up properly (after a few coil builds) - the flavour and throat hit is awesome. But since dripping is not convenient, I have both mPT2s always loaded and I vape them during the day. After a dripping session, taking a drag on the mPT2 with VM Choc Mint is not so bad at all. In fact, for mindless vaping, I find it better. A bit more mellow and not so intense.

Something I have grappled with for some time is whether I would enjoy the intensity of my dripper all day. I am still really not sure. I do like the occasional intense throat hit dripping session, but I don't think I would enjoy that all day. What I find useful on the dripper is being able to test juices. Superb flavour and so easy to change juice - you just put in a new piece of cotton - no hectic cleaning procedure. So for that purpose I think I will always keep a top dripper setup at hand.

Just my thoughts...

@Silver once again there is a BUTTON and I think you are in the centre of the button Mr Venter... your post is pretty much exactly where I think I'm going to be with this Vaping thing... I thought maybe it's a all or nothing situation but I don't think so. Your post here confirms what I think it's gonna be!

This is one of the busiest threads and I don't normally pay much attention to it because it's all a little beyond me... but as soon as Vape Mail arrives I may just be paying a little more attention because I finally cracked and ordered an RBA!

View attachment 2134

lovely stuff @Rob Fisher

i reckon once u fire that bad boy up you might not go back to the usual tanks

lovely stuff @Rob Fisher

i reckon once u fire that bad boy up you might not go back to the usual tanks
Agree

After trying an RDA, I personally think that the only benefit that a standard clearo has is convenience. And then that goes out the window when you get a Reo/Rhino (not sure what we are calling it at this point in time).

However once I started building coils for my clearo it had gotten remarkably better but still does not trump and RBA/RDA/RTA

On second thought, if one gets an RTA I dont think there would be a need for a standard clearo cause then rebuilds would have the benefit of a tank.

This is going to be an interesting experiment... my gut feeling (same as @Silver) is that I will use the RBA at home and out and about the Nautilus... only time will tell! :D

that build is tricky. if you dont place the coil properly it tastes like burnt old socks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

that build is tricky. if you dont place the coil properly it tastes like burnt old socks

LOL I hear you man but building coils is still a lot of fun and for me the greater the challenge the more fun it is.

Superb video, thanks for posting. This guy is really funny. So entertaining.

I spent some time friday night rebuilding the nautilus and got huge clouds with burnt taste due to my coils touching the filler. that was the end of me and aspire. beacause I love to build my own coils I switched back to the aerotank with a 1.5 ohm microcoil. the way its setup I prefer the aero over the nautilus now

LOL I hear you man but building coils is still a lot of fun and for me the greater the challenge the more fun it is.
Sure is fun! rebuilt a dual coil iclear 30B the other day!came to round 1.2Ohms so had to vape it on the KTS but damn it was good and the normal 30B coil goes dry on you every couple of vapes and the cotton just dont! But I have to say to get that 2 coils in there and get them in right is a biatch! had to disassemble it a couple of times to readjust the coils cause it shorted out and just when I wanted to dump it it worked!!!

Sure is fun! rebuilt a dual coil iclear 30B the other day!came to round 1.2Ohms so had to vape it on the KTS but damn it was good and the normal 30B coil goes dry on you every couple of vapes and the cotton just dont! But I have to say to get that 2 coils in there and get them in right is a biatch! had to disassemble it a couple of times to readjust the coils cause it shorted out and just when I wanted to dump it it worked!!!

Building a dual coil in a tank is class man, congrats. Show us a pic if you can.

I spent some time friday night rebuilding the nautilus and got huge clouds with burnt taste due to my coils touching the filler. that was the end of me and aspire. beacause I love to build my own coils I switched back to the aerotank with a 1.5 ohm microcoil. the way its setup I prefer the aero over the nautilus now

Interesting CVS, so you prefer the Aero for rebuilding

How about stock, out the box, which would you say is better?

Building a dual coil in a tank is class man, congrats. Show us a pic if you can.
taking photos of rebuilding clearo coils is hard! need to get a good camera for that, with the RDA/RBA the blackberry take ok photos. But will see, maybe lend a camera when rebuilding a clearo coil next time!

taking photos of rebuilding clearo coils is hard! need to get a good camera for that, with the RDA/RBA the blackberry take ok photos. But will see, maybe lend a camera when rebuilding a clearo coil next time!
Or get your hands on a galaxy S3 or dare I say iPhone to take the pics

i have the same problem @Hein510

the crapberry takes the worst pics

This is going to be an interesting experiment... my gut feeling (same as @Silver) is that I will use the RBA at home and out and about the Nautilus... only time will tell! :D

Time will tell indeed @Rob Fisher . I think to get a solution that works well for you is the important thing. And as @Matthee has said numerous times, as long as it keeps you off the stinkies.

I imagine in a year or two from now, there will be a pen-sized vaping device that gives the same flavour and throat hit as a good dripper - with convenience and portability. Can't wait for that.

PBusardo always refers to the old days (a few years ago) when he was making vape gear with tea bags and other items. Maybe in a few years time, many will say, do you remember when we used to wrap coils with Kanthal wire and use organic cotton balls.

I find even my iPhone 5S, which supposedly has a good camera struggles to take good close-ups of coils etc.

My trusty Canon S110 does a great job.

Incidentally, this is one helluva camera. I have yet to see any cell camera replace it for me. So it goes with me wherever I go. Solid little beast.

I must say that since starting with the Igo-L about 2 months ago I find it difficult to vape on anything but an RBA, the flavour and vapour of clearo's just don't compare. I still use an iClear 16 on the iTaste VV when I go out somewhere that I need to be more discreet but it's just not the same ;) Collecting the Kayfun in about an hour, will post some pics of the coil build tonight :D

I must say that since starting with the Igo-L about 2 months ago I find it difficult to vape on anything but an RBA, the flavour and vapour of clearo's just don't compare. I still use an iClear 16 on the iTaste VV when I go out somewhere that I need to be more discreet but it's just not the same ;) Collecting the Kayfun in about an hour, will post some pics of the coil build tonight :D

I concur. And... just picked up my Kayfun! Must have just missed you.

Koiling the Kayfun. 28g kanthal around a 2mm pop rivet.

DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0015.jpg DSC_0025.jpg DSC_0018.jpg

Wait WHAT! Sub-ohm vaping on an SVD? I've confirmed this reading with a multimeter, came out a 0.90 ohms.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back