Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Reinvanhardt - those photos are stunning. What camera are you using to take them if I may ask? Are you using a tripod?

Busted! I'm a part time photographer in between studies. Nikon D80, AF-S Nikkor DX lens, tripod and remote snapper! (Sharpened in Lightroom)

That makes absolute sense, however I've seen guys with all the right gear, even D1's and still take crappy photos.

No wonder!!!! - remote snapper and Lightroom and all. Wow.
Not busted at all - in fact its awesome.
Love your photos!

My little Canon S110 has a lot of respect for your setup

I think I need to bring one of my coils to you for a photo shoot ;-)

No wonder!!!! - remote snapper and Lightroom and all. Wow.
Not busted at all - in fact its awesome.
Love your photos!

My little Canon S110 has a lot of respect for your setup

I think I need to bring one of my coils to you for a photo shoot ;-)

Lol! Awesome! I love documenting coils!

@Reinvanhardt - next photo session I do - I will try the best I can with my trusty pocket cam
You can be the judge
I won't do any post processing - just straight from the camera

Oh my goodness there are some awesome coils here. Truly inspiring.
I have been rebuilding this Aqua RBA a few times already and decided to give it a Vertical coil. Strangely enough the it seems to form to a vertical coil more readily than horizontal. I got some Nichrome 0.12mm wire the other day and it was so thin I could not think of what to do. So just decided after seeing some dudes twisting the wire, to try a double twisted Nichrome build. The coils are double twisted and have 7/8 wraps. The resistance came to 2.1 after the build, so that would be 4.2 per a coil.

Anyways, this puppy has huge vapor, mellow taste and medium TH. I chase the clouds so I prefer the large volume clouds. Vaping it at 4.3 Volts on my iTaste VV/VW. The vertical coils in my opinion perform much better than horizontal on this Aqua. I have to however get some kanthal some how, somewhere because it is almost impossible to compress a micro coil with this Nichrome.

Here is some pics, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all, rocking thread.

VertCoilOne.jpg

Just a pic showing the pins holding the vert coils in place after tightening them down.

VertCoilTwo.jpg

Pic showing the puppies glowing.

VertCoilThree.jpg

Pic showing the cotton wick passed through center and tucked into channels. Definitely room for improvement here.

VertCoilFour.jpg

Picture showing how it throws off vapor.

Awesome thanks y'all for the happy vapes and good times. Thanks for your advice and guidance, without which I would be like Steve Wonder in Hooters.

I have been rebuilding this Aqua RBA a few times already and decided to give it a Vertical coil. Strangely enough the it seems to form to a vertical coil more readily than horizontal. I got some Nichrome 0.12mm wire the other day and it was so thin I could not think of what to do. So just decided after seeing some dudes twisting the wire, to try a double twisted Nichrome build. The coils are double twisted and have 7/8 wraps. The resistance came to 2.1 after the build, so that would be 4.2 per a coil.

Anyways, this puppy has huge vapor, mellow taste and medium TH. I chase the clouds so I prefer the large volume clouds. Vaping it at 4.3 Volts on my iTaste VV/VW. The vertical coils in my opinion perform much better than horizontal on this Aqua. I have to however get some kanthal some how, somewhere because it is almost impossible to compress a micro coil with this Nichrome.

Here is some pics, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all, rocking thread.

VertCoilOne.jpg

Just a pic showing the pins holding the vert coils in place after tightening them down.

VertCoilTwo.jpg

VertCoilThree.jpg

Pic showing the cotton wick passed through center and tucked into channels. Definitely room for improvement here.

VertCoilFour.jpg

Awesome thanks y'all for the happy vapes and good times. Thanks for your advice and guidance, without which I would be like Steve Wonder in Hooters.
Nice one Sir. I'll have to try that now

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

VertCoilOne.jpg

VertCoilTwo.jpg

VertCoilThree.jpg

VertCoilFour.jpg

Seems like today is vertical coil day:). Well done, I like and will certainly try it. That way one could easily wick it with a nice thick ekowool as well. And @Gazzacpt (think it was you sir) gave me some 2.5 mm of that at the last Cape Vape. At sub-ohm the throat hit on a build like that must be a beast.

ok so yesterday i drove down the coast to go visit my mom. since she has one of those cordless drills i decided to try and twist some kanthal again. saw a vid or two where rip tripper did it using an alan key, so digging through the toolbox i saw a split pin :) even better than an alan key

047.JPG

from top to bottom :
triple twisted kanthal
mathstick ;)
abyss coil failed attempt
double twisted kanthal

050.JPG

058.JPG

since i was playing with powertools my supervisor kept a close eye on me
055.JPG

right so first coil i did was with the thicker double twisted kanthal. looked darn nice but the wire was too thick to properly build it inside a protank coil head. tried in any case. reading came out at 0 ohms so i think it's something is not making proper contact. ah well, will do nicely for an rba where there is space.

060.JPG

this bummed me out a bit and it was getting dark so i left off coil building for today. or so i thought. around midnight sitting in front of the tv watching the storage wars or pawn stars or whatever was on then a tapping on the wall drew my attention

077.JPG

well if that little fella was busy doing something constructive at midnight, i should be doing something also. out comes the triple twisted kanthal and assorted coil tools and this is what resulted

079.JPG

086.JPG

087.JPG

32 Guage 3x twisted Kanthol 7x wraps 1.1 ohm sitting on a KayFun lite clone on top of an SVD Vaping at 15w.

Many many niceness!

2014-03-20 12.16.52.jpg

heres a noob question, how do you do twisted wraps with the kanthal?

Drill :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

About to buils Smokyg one for his dripper. Wil take some photos and upload once done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back