Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Matthee That is 100% correct. More flavour because of more surface aria. And the vapour is not bad either. Just takes some time to fire up, even on 15w

Oh my goodness there are some awesome coils here. Truly inspiring.
I have been rebuilding this Aqua RBA a few times already and decided to give it a Vertical coil. Strangely enough the it seems to form to a vertical coil more readily than horizontal. I got some Nichrome 0.12mm wire the other day and it was so thin I could not think of what to do. So just decided after seeing some dudes twisting the wire, to try a double twisted Nichrome build. The coils are double twisted and have 7/8 wraps. The resistance came to 2.1 after the build, so that would be 4.2 per a coil.

Anyways, this puppy has huge vapor, mellow taste and medium TH. I chase the clouds so I prefer the large volume clouds. Vaping it at 4.3 Volts on my iTaste VV/VW. The vertical coils in my opinion perform much better than horizontal on this Aqua. I have to however get some kanthal some how, somewhere because it is almost impossible to compress a micro coil with this Nichrome.

Here is some pics, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all, rocking thread.

VertCoilOne.jpg

Just a pic showing the pins holding the vert coils in place after tightening them down.

VertCoilTwo.jpg

Pic showing the puppies glowing.

VertCoilThree.jpg

Pic showing the cotton wick passed through center and tucked into channels. Definitely room for improvement here.

VertCoilFour.jpg

Picture showing how it throws off vapor.

Awesome thanks y'all for the happy vapes and good times. Thanks for your advice and guidance, without which I would be like Steve Wonder in Hooters.
I have done a vertical coil on the rocket. Definitely need to try it on my Aqua.

Sent via Pluto on my Rocket

@Matthee That is 100% correct. More flavour because of more surface aria. And the vapour is not bad either. Just takes some time to fire up, even on 15w
Yes, but on a mech the 32 g triple twisted is great. 28 g triple twisted is too slow out of the blocks even on a mech.

Super coil a few posts back @denizenx
Loved your post - the one with the gecko pic
Amazing how the gecko inspired you at that hour to get back to coil building - LOL

Thanks for the video you posted @Riaz - the one with the drill. I had different visions when people said use a drill before. LOL

Now I see!

Thanks for the video you posted @Riaz - the one with the drill. I had different visions when people said use a drill before. LOL

Now I see!

me too haha

now i need an electric drill (does the list ever stop with vape gear??? i know for @Rob Fisher there is no end to the list :) )

Ok! Here we go. Don't have time to explain each step but I hope the photos is going to help.

This is firing on a ego c-twist battery at 4.8V
2014-03-20 15.34.08.jpg 2014-03-20 16.22.38.jpg 2014-03-20 16.24.26.jpg 2014-03-20 16.26.27.jpg 2014-03-20 16.32.46.jpg 2014-03-20 16.37.56.jpg 2014-03-20 16.39.51.jpg 2014-03-20 16.46.08-3.jpg

now i need an electric drill (does the list ever stop with vape gear??? i know for @Rob Fisher there is no end to the list :) )

No that's where I draw a large line in the sand... no drill for me... last time I played with a drill I drilled through the hot water pipe in my kids bathroom! That can't be classified as fun at all! :confused:

Very innovative man, looks good and I am sure it vapes like a beast by the looks of that cloud.

Lovely photos @Reinhardt - they do a great job at explaining the process!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back