Side effects that I should be aware of?

Im going with a localised mouth, throat dehydration which prompts liquid intake rather than a whole body dehydration.
Yes, you will notice it first in your mouth and throat, but I'm guessing our lungs are next. Luckily a sip of water cures that fast.

and you're the one sucking air in to your system. @Cespian

Like ... breathing?

Just kidding, I think I understand what you mean, but Im a bit doubtful whether air alone can dehydrate you, or otherwise yawning should be banned in hospitals.

Pg is a known irritant/allergent to some, and Im pretty sure both PG and VG have much more dehydrating ability than oxygen/nitrogen. Both PG and VG, in gas phase, will absorb much more water when bubbled through a water tank (you can try it when you vape! Vape becomes much more thicker, similar to hookah). Vg and PG have three hydroxyl groups (strong hydrogen bond acceptor and donor regardless of gas-phase acidities) and a dipole moment, unlike oxygen. These factors all allow these chemicals to cause water desorption from a surface.

However, I found the biggest dehydrating factor to be the nic. Just remember that vaping is a more efficient manner of nic delivery than cigarettes, and even though the total nic that you get is usually lower (due to juice concentration) the actual acute concentration hitting your mouth is higher. Try lowering nic content and drink more water - helped for me in the beginning, and most of my side effects I was experiencing went away!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

smoke passes all the way through to your stomach >? when you lung inhale- it goes to the depths of your lungs, so it would be way more than just the throat that's affected. @blujeenz

I had serious stomach cramps from a nic overdose (juice leaking into my mouth and messing juice on my hand when refilling), but this was on a twisp with a top coil. What I understand from your post is that your cramps appeared after you were vaping less, which could be a result of nic withdrawal.

Be very weary of the crispy pork smell.

2016-01-15 20.11.44.jpg
Luckily it doesn't hurt.
My soldering iron took care of the feeling in that finger a long time ago.
Also playing bass guitar has its benefits.

I call those coil kisses !
Coil kissed at 90W.
Pity the coil is a turd. RBA base for the uwell crown. Air flow is too tight and the cotton is too tight because the temp control kicks in too soon and too often.

Coil kissed at 90W.
Pity the coil is a turd. RBA base for the uwell crown. Air flow is too tight and the cotton is too tight because the temp control kicks in too soon and too often.

Tc builds shouldn't be too tightly packed with cotton.

ye i can testify to the high PG juices screwing with my stomach.

I've also noticed that when I'm running a little too low on nic, that I get a feeling not too different from mild hunger. I find that having something with a bit of sugar in it tends to help. Obviously avoid dairy in these situations, thats a whole other can of worms.

ye i can testify to the high PG juices screwing with my stomach.

I've also noticed that when I'm running a little too low on nic, that I get a feeling not too different from mild hunger. I find that having something with a bit of sugar in it tends to help. Obviously avoid dairy in these situations, thats a whole other can of worms.

Mild hunger > are you leaning towards nic acting as a hunger suppressant or are you actually hungry?

Cigarettes were very effective as suppressing hunger! I would survive on pack of smokes, a Coke and a bar one for the day! Now I'm hungry all the time

Mild hunger > are you leaning towards nic acting as a hunger suppressant or are you actually hungry?

Cigarettes were very effective as suppressing hunger! I would survive on pack of smokes, a Coke and a bar one for the day! Now I'm hungry all the time

Well, nic does act like a very mild form of adrenalin.
Pushing blood from the organs to your muscles, regardless of source.

I find that i still don't really eat that much during the day, usually a pie or something, and then a rockstar and maybe 2-3 litres of liquids (fruit juices, coke, whatever) If I vape less, I definitely eat more food.

I guess Im the oddball here. When I get in the work zone I forget to eat. I go for 16 to 18 hours coding without thinking of anything else. I often get kicked out the building or told to take a few days off :D

I guess Im the oddball here. When I get in the work zone I forget to eat. I go for 16 to 18 hours coding without thinking of anything else. I often get kicked out the building or told to take a few days off :D
I also forget to vape.

I seem to get the same thing when I use cheaper juice...problem being I cannot isolate what gives me the pains as cheap juices do not list all of their ingredients,nor do they list ratios of PG/VG.This also happens when I set my mod to higher wattages,but again everyone will have a different reaction to different stimuli.

One side effect I noticed, was a bit of NIC overdose when changing from stock coil to SS316 dual coil RBA build. Had to change from 6 to 3 mg juices, as I was starting to get nausea

Vaping is a good dieting tool. Lost 4 kilo's to date since I stopped smoking, without trying.
I have been eating less and that's probably because nicotine suppresses your hunger.

I too get cramps in my stomach every now and then.
But a trip to the bathroom usually sorts that out. ☺

It get that from menthol flavours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought of a new refresher today: Blowing your nose, to release any lower lung air that needs refreshing :D

OR Tea, of any sorts :D

Vaping is a good dieting tool. Lost 4 kilo's to date since I stopped smoking, without trying.
I have been eating less and that's probably because nicotine suppresses your hunger.
You're making me want to check my weight to see how I balanced out over the past few months :rofl:

Really or joking?
Cause I do vape a bit of menthol.
Different people have different reactions. I love menthols but not worth the cramps (or runs when I vape a lot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have yet to read a thread on this site where a vaper stopped due to any identifiable side effects. I think moderation is the key. It’s easy to "chain vape" with a new mod, atomiser or juice as one tends to want to give it a quick good test. Also, you will notice with vaping, people tend to have a few deep quick draws in short succession, as opposed to drawing on a cigarette with longer intervals in between draws. This vaping style may cause a heavy spike in nicotine which may cause nausea or cramps.
I must admit, I have also felt a bit ill while vaping, but I know my body: it is from too much in a short space of time.
Lastly, I agree: for me, the biggest side effect from vaping is the massive dent in my banking account and the “addiction” to buying more vape gear.

Back