Silver's first adventure into DIY

@Silver that Vick’s taste is the koolada and Extreme Ice. @Chukin'Vape is spot on with the WS23 comment, it’s flavorless so you won’t taste it but will chill the Vape also then as the berry isn’t in competition with the coolant, the sourness of the berry should shine through more.
It’s an excellent recipe that @rogue zombie made btw

ConcreteRiver's show is gold, by far the best mixing podcast. He's just uploaded his Apricot review. For mixers wanting a succinct overview of a particular profile, which brands to buy and how to apply them, Rick absolutely nails it.

For a second there I thought you said @Silver needs to add 20% of WS-23 in his mixes. I don't think my eyes have stretched that far open in a while, lol. But then I saw the "1%" part of the comment and I relaxed a bit. I know Silver likes his menthols, but 20% WS23 is a bit hectic. :)

@ the April Vape Meet 2017 in Sandton, I had a privilege to try @Silver 's berry menthol mix (I think there was a berry in there), and the only way to describe it would be something like:
Sillver Berry Mix.jpg

It took me ~15min to revive my taste buds (and I like strong menthol). I'm almost sure Silver can handle 4-5% WS-23 with ease:).

Enjoy the DIY journey @Silver .:beer-toast1:

@ the April Vape Meet 2017 in Sandton, I had a privilege to try @Silver 's berry menthol mix (I think there was a berry in there), and the only way to describe it would be something like:
View attachment 119133

It took me ~15min to revive my taste buds (and I like strong menthol). I'm almost sure Silver can handle 4-5% WS-23 with ease:).

Enjoy the DIY journey @Silver .:beer-toast1:

Haha @alex1501
Thats so funny
Nah, it couldnt have been that bad. Lol, i feel embarrassed now.

PS - happy birthday, hope you have a nice day!

Haha @alex1501
Thats so funny
Nah, it couldnt have been that bad. Lol, i feel embarrassed now.

PS - happy birthday, hope you have a nice day!

It wasn't bad at all, just surprisingly strong. That mix puts to shame some of the supercold malasian juices that I've tried.

Thanks again, nice day indeed, going to have some lazy fun (play games, watch movies, still on holiday until Wednesday) with my daughters now.

try this one i have to make 5 bottles today me the wife and family all want this

Cold strabery
Tfa Ripe Strawberry 8%
Fa Arctic Winter 5%
u can shake and vape best after a day

@Silver reading through this thread made me insanely happy. I started DIY a month ago, only mixed 2 recipes; Grants Vanilla Custard and Bronuts. For any noobs that like custard vapes I highly recommend giving this a go.
The reason this made me so happy is because I felt exactly the same way you did, and I still do...and it's hard to explain the excitement to someone who doesn't Vape. Well finally I know I'm not alone in this excited state.

Thanks

@Silver reading through this thread made me insanely happy. I started DIY a month ago, only mixed 2 recipes; Grants Vanilla Custard and Bronuts. For any noobs that like custard vapes I highly recommend giving this a go.
The reason this made me so happy is because I felt exactly the same way you did, and I still do...and it's hard to explain the excitement to someone who doesn't Vape. Well finally I know I'm not alone in this excited state.

Thanks

Great to hear @Steyn777
That excitement is certainly amazing and hard to explain to a non-vaper - you are 100% right

Am vaping the last bits of the Bruised Berry Ice by @rogue zombie

9fcbb3cac5e8df4d8fb17e5d2047dc72.jpg

Don't know if I'm imagining it but it seems like the bubblegum taste has subsided a little bit. It's still there but not as prominent as I remembered a while back. It's now a month old. Was mixed on Xmas day.

I like this juice a lot. Still want to try it with normal menthol instead of the Extreme Ice. And also with Wilkinson Sword 23 ;-)

PS - Still have to vape the other juices and give feedback. Have just been so busy that I haven't had much time. At least the positive side is that they have steeped longer and several were tobaccoes.

Last edited:
@Silver

I am very much looking forward to future posts, are any savouries or crazy concoctions on the up coming line?

@Silver

I am very much looking forward to future posts, are any savouries or crazy concoctions on the up coming line?

Thanks @Mida Khan

I mixed six juices and have done two so far. Mustard Milk was an epic fail for me. This Bruised Berry Ice is lovely.

Have four to go. The full list is on post #9 which is on the first page of this thread
Heres the link to it
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/silvers-first-adventure-into-diy.t45634/#post-620069

Still have to try Blushing Milkmaid and three tobaccoes

@Silver this thread has inspired me to also start mixing my own juice, I mixed the custard king found on the forum, 11/01/2018 and tried some the same day, was okay but vaped it today and I'm so happy with it and my self, I have a order for 15+ concentrates and I'm making a point to mix every month now,and love my minty fruits so will keep following this thread thanks!

@Silver this thread has inspired me to also start mixing my own juice, I mixed the custard king found on the forum, 11/01/2018 and tried some the same day, was okay but vaped it today and I'm so happy with it and my self, I have a order for 15+ concentrates and I'm making a point to mix every month now,and love my minty fruits so will keep following this thread thanks!

Oh thats marvellous @Dreadside
Glad to hear

I am lookkng so forward to this and I want to also hear about your minty fruits
Please let us know what you made and how it tasted

It's time to taste the third juice of the six I mixed.

This one is Blushing Milkmaid by @Ripstorm

It's a strawberry cookie cream.

Petri V2 RDA freshly wicked and ready.

7ff9921c3a3c830dc726c65e11e91899.jpg

Will report back after I've vaped it ;-)

Right

I've been vaping Blushing Milkmaid for a while.

It smells very nice. Certainly strawberry cookie'ish.

And what's the verdict?

Jeepers man, this is not nice.

Definitely a strawberry type of taste but it's chemically and tastes quite vile to me. Reminds me of the Mustard Milk. I get the same sort of taste. It's not pleasant. Unfinished. Synthetic. A strange sour sort of twang to it.

There is some cookie vibe in the background but its very feint. The problem is that I find it hard to get past the unfinished unpleasant strawberry taste.

It's quite dry.

I get that same unpleasant strawberry aftertaste. After a while I can sort of taste a bit of the cookie in the aftertaste.

It's as if this needs to steep more. But it's strange. I mixed this on Xmas day last year, so its had about 5 weeks in the dark cupboard. Occasional shake and it smelled good during the steep.

Sorry, no offence to the creator @Ripstorm - but I certainly do not like what I am tasting. Interestingly, on ATF, you mentioned you started with Mustard Milk and developed it to this. I see it also has the TPA Strawberry and VBIC - and a few other ingredients. And I really did not like Mustard Milk. So it might just be that my taste buds don't agree with these flavours.

Maybe I made a mistake when I mixed it, being a DIY Noob. But I really did try to do it carefully. Or perhaps my concentrates were too old. Some were about 9 months old. I am thinking the argument that my tastebuds don't like TPA Strawberry and VBIC seems to be the more plausible one, since I did not like Mustard Milk either.

Anyhow, not meaning to offend those who like this recipe - but am just reporting back on what I am tasting. I have huge respect for the DIY experts on here. So nothing I say is directed at the individuals, just the juice.

Am once again quite disappointed :(

Out of three juices I have tried so far, I didn't like two at all. Only one I liked so far is Bruised Berry Ice. The next three are tobaccoes so I hope I will like them. But I must say my hopes are sagging a bit.

The flipside of this is that I have even more respect for the great juicemakers we have here. Both commercial and on the DIY side.

I have also realised that this DIY rabbit hole takes a huge amount of time, dedication, and perseverance.

127af8106756aea829fe9b1c087c476a.jpg

Here's the recipe for Blushing Milkmaid:
upload_2018-2-3_19-21-29.png

I rest my case. :)
Let me know if you looking for a descent strawberry recipe m8. :)

Thanks @KZOR

I wanted to mix this because it was mentioned on that international podcast/show and being a local recipe I was keen to find out. Wasn't necessarily looking for a strawberry cookie recipe - just wanted to try this one.

As far as strawberry goes, I have been vaping my VM Straberry Ice "blend" for about 3 years and love it to bits. Makes me respect it more now ;-) That juice has captured me and I never tire of it.

Will get on to more DIY recipes in time though

Been waiting for this one. :)
When you starting you own creation m8? Would love to mix a "Silverado" or "Silver Dream Racer" or the like soon. :)

Lol, as for mixing my own creations, I think I am nowhere near that @KZOR

I first want to try a few more recipes
Then I want to try home in on some of the flavour concentrates and test them individually
And then perhaps try my own juice creations

But am just too busy at the moment to get into it as much as I would like :(

Right, moving along

I tasted my fourth creation and the first tobacco in the lineup. It's been steeping since 25 Dec. Tried it in the RM2 and Hadaly.

It's a very simple 1 flavour recipe - FA 7 Leaves at 2.5%

And I am pleased to say that my DIY adventures are taking a turn for the better!!
I like it.

It's a mildly flavoured tobacco with something feintly sweetish in the background. May be a bit bland on its own but it agrees with my palate and I can vape this easily. It has a lovely mouthfeel. I can see this being a good base for a tobacco juice down the line ;-)

My mind is now wondering what I could add to this. Maybe a tiny bit of peach to make a nice peach tobacco ;-)

Since this was a single concentrate, I have made more detailed notes in the FA Concentrate Reviews thread here:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/flavour-art-concentrate-reviews.t21747/page-2#post-637644

I also had to try adding a drop of menthol directly into my devices to see what it would do and I am very satisfied. The combination of menthol and FA 7 Leaves is great!!

The DIY journey continues...

92f526577194d35ae7cb272531b2d7e6.jpg

Congrats @Silver. Reading your thread has inspired me to also step into the realm of DIY. Will be posting my first adventure as soon as I’m finished mixing everything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats @Silver. Reading your thread has inspired me to also step into the realm of DIY. Will be posting my first adventure as soon as I’m finished mixing everything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Gadgetboy - I find it so interesting - and overwhelming at the same time.

looking forward to hear what juices you mixed and how they tasted for you

Back