Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Right , the DIY kit is out.

f7773475dc6378d272ddd9ecdde35f67.jpg

Now to go find the recipes that belong to these concentrates. Can't remember where they are but I need to find them.

Let's see if I can make a juice. Lol, don't laugh

Am just creating this thread out of excitement because I am trying to start my first adventure into DIY!!!

Am going to copy that other post (from the Whats in your hand thread) into this thread

Ok, here's an update

I found my recipes. It was in a spreadsheet in one of my folders.

Hehe

Now to decide what to mix.

I want to try mix one shake and vape so I can try it - and one or two steepers

Gosh, this is so exciting. I am quite nervous.

Maybe this will turn out an epic fail. Or... it could just be a great demonstration of how easy to do DIY. Let's see.

Gosh, I feel like such a noob now. Big respect for the DIYers that just casually whip up juices all the time...

upload_2017-12-25_19-23-54.png

Ok, my first issue is trying to establish what calculator to use.

But for now, it seems like I will expedite my first mixing session by using ELR - e-liquid-recipes.com
Don't feel like downloading the "hotrod" program now and trying to figure out how to use it etc.
This ELR is quite easy it seems... (noob is a bit nervous)

Ok next problem

I want to make 10ml samples first
But I have done some checking on the ELR output - some of the flavours that are required are in such small amounts, my scale finds it difficult to register them. I am going to have to see - maybe I need to make a bigger sample for those.

Maybe a 20ml sample in a 30ml bottle

hmm....

This is interesting

Ok next problem

But I have done some checking on the ELR output - some of the flavours that are required are in such small amounts, my scale finds it difficult to register them. I am going to have to see - maybe I need to make a bigger sample for those.

hmm....

This is interesting
Good luck bud!!

What recipes you got going on?

Ok, I am going to try be a bit courageous and try make 6 recipes. Let's see how I go.
  1. Mustard Milk - because I believe this is a staple "first DIY" mix - so I think that will be good for my first 10ml one ;-) And its very easy
  2. Blushing Milkmaid by @Ripstorm - because I always wanted to make that given how it was received at the time.
  3. Bruised Berry Ice by @rogue zombie - I know my fruity menthols - so this one will be my first proper DIY fruity menthol. And I know that roguezombie likes some of the juices I like. This one I have to make 20ml because the percentages are so low. Also worried about the Koolada in it because I think I am sensitive to that - but I will go with it to do it exactly as per the recipe.
  4. FA 7 Leaves - which was posted by @Andre - its a very simple tobacco, just one flavour - LOL - so I think I can handle that - and start my understanding of what these flavours taste like.
  5. FA Glory - which was posted by @Greyz - also a simple 1 flavour tobacco - so lets see what Glory is all about
  6. Dawn Spirit by @Andre - just to get to grips with a slightly more involved tobacco. Only 3 flavours and should be ok. Its a menthol tobacco - so I hope I like it.

Last edited:
Recipes all loaded on ELR

Not 100% sure I am doing it all right but the final instructions seem right to me. I dont think there are any mistakes. Lol

upload_2017-12-25_20-29-52.png

Ok next problem

hmm....

This is interesting
1 drop equals about 0.02g

Ok I'm ready for the first mix

0005338ab9bda55bbe0a953dcc59ab7f.jpg

Scale is ready
Two concentrates needed for this are ready.

My empty 30ml bottles are ready for the mixes. Have one spare just in case.

Nic ready
Pg ready
VG ready

My Lemo1 is standing by giving me encouragement.

Can't believe I am doing this. Lol. It's very exciting.

Ok here is the first recipe - for Mustard Milk

upload_2017-12-25_21-5-29.png

So I am going to follow the grams column in the middle.
Not sure if I should add the things and Tare the scale or just continue on and calculate - but this damn thing should have a running cumulative total.

Maybe I should add the VG first because its the biggest amount.

Hmmm...

PS - am going for 6mg - because I figure this juice will be vaped in my Petri RDA. And I went for 40 PG just because I felt like it. Haha - thats so cool.

I will admit I was a bit confused as to what PG/VG ratio to mix at and at what strength. Because thats the great part about DIY

Ok, back to the mixing. Lets see what happens...

Another problem

My mixing station is not next to my computer, so I need to check if I can get this ELR table on my cellphone.... or ipad...

Another problem

My mixing station is not next to my computer, so I need to check if I can get this ELR table on my cellphone.... or ipad...
I just do my calc on a pc and then take a photo with my cell.

Ok now we talking.

I made myself a cumulative weight list. I don't trust the rare button. Lol.

It's also bigger so I can see what I'm doing. I think VG will go in first

d80f1059535198cadc6e8b7522e9a553.jpg

Bottle is on. It weighs 5.27g. Hehe

b4d70e37bc0ab0f7844a361906cb5117.jpg

Ok it's Tared and now on zero

Let the mixing begin

75ee00599864f9f54743b1285ad318ea.jpg

VG is in!

Got it perfect 7.57g

9484c5da5cd9b96586fbf96a97afc57f.jpg

Next is nic

Up to 9.3g