Silver's first adventure into DIY

I do and I have but I think I prefer INW 7 leaves it is not as sweet.

Sent using Tapatalk

Right, moving along

I tasted my fourth creation and the first tobacco in the lineup. It's been steeping since 25 Dec. Tried it in the RM2 and Hadaly.

It's a very simple 1 flavour recipe - FA 7 Leaves at 2.5%

And I am pleased to say that my DIY adventures are taking a turn for the better!!
I like it.

It's a mildly flavoured tobacco with something feintly sweetish in the background. May be a bit bland on its own but it agrees with my palate and I can vape this easily. It has a lovely mouthfeel. I can see this being a good base for a tobacco juice down the line ;-)

My mind is now wondering what I could add to this. Maybe a tiny bit of peach to make a nice peach tobacco ;-)

Since this was a single concentrate, I have made more detailed notes in the FA Concentrate Reviews thread here:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/flavour-art-concentrate-reviews.t21747/page-2#post-637644

I also had to try adding a drop of menthol directly into my devices to see what it would do and I am very satisfied. The combination of menthol and FA 7 Leaves is great!!

The DIY journey continues...

92f526577194d35ae7cb272531b2d7e6.jpg
Nice one @Silver. Ive never tried tobacco flavours, but I am an ex smoker of many years.

I'm not sure what a tobacco vape might taste like. Is it like the smell of an unburnt cherry cigar, for example? Or is it of the smoke from the cherry cigar?

The other day I read that a tobacco vape was just like Marlboro's. It left me wondering if it was like smoking the cigarette, or just smelling the unburnt tobacco?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Right, moving along

I tasted my fourth creation and the first tobacco in the lineup. It's been steeping since 25 Dec. Tried it in the RM2 and Hadaly.

It's a very simple 1 flavour recipe - FA 7 Leaves at 2.5%

And I am pleased to say that my DIY adventures are taking a turn for the better!!
I like it.

It's a mildly flavoured tobacco with something feintly sweetish in the background. May be a bit bland on its own but it agrees with my palate and I can vape this easily. It has a lovely mouthfeel. I can see this being a good base for a tobacco juice down the line ;-)

My mind is now wondering what I could add to this. Maybe a tiny bit of peach to make a nice peach tobacco ;-)

Since this was a single concentrate, I have made more detailed notes in the FA Concentrate Reviews thread here:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/flavour-art-concentrate-reviews.t21747/page-2#post-637644

I also had to try adding a drop of menthol directly into my devices to see what it would do and I am very satisfied. The combination of menthol and FA 7 Leaves is great!!

The DIY journey continues...

92f526577194d35ae7cb272531b2d7e6.jpg

As I was reading this, I was just waiting for the word “menthol” to pop up somewhere, and of course it did hehe. I’m so happy to hear your DIY journey is “taking a turn for the better” @Silver, well done and keep posting here! I am enjoying following along. :)

Nice one @Silver. Ive never tried tobacco flavours, but I am an ex smoker of many years.

I'm not sure what a tobacco vape might taste like. Is it like the smell of an unburnt cherry cigar, for example? Or is it of the smoke from the cherry cigar?

The other day I read that a tobacco vape was just like Marlboro's. It left me wondering if it was like smoking the cigarette, or just smelling the unburnt tobacco?

You're asking great questions @veecee
Im not sure I can answer you

DIY is new to me and this was actually the first single tobacco concentrate I have tried ;-)

I have however vaped quite a few commercial ready made tobacco juices. What I find is that they don't emulate the taste one gets from smoking a cigarette (I was never a cigar or pipe smoker). I have tried to find a tobacco vape that tastes the same as a cigarette but I haven't found one. My feeling is that it has to do with the actual burning and combustion which lets off an aroma that is difficult to replicate in vape form.

That said, I have vaped a few juices that come quite close. Possibly the closest for me is Hurricane Vapor Sunshine Cured Tobacco (I reviewed it too if you want to go read up - sadly not locally available anymore to my knowledge)
Another great one was Heathers Heavenly Vapes Huntsman. A good local one is Vape Elixir Pure Tobacco. I also reviewed that. And there are several others. These are just straight up tobacco flavoured. They all remind me to differing degrees of the scent of the tobacco itself, unburnt. Sometimes its a bit woody. Sometimes a bit grassy. Mostly quite dry and not sweet.

Then you get quite a lot of tobacco juices (ready made) that add in other things. Some add a sweet dimension. Caramels etc. They usually soften the tobacco aspect and make it interesting. But what I find is if they add too many other things it detracts from the tobacco itself that I am usually after. There are some exceptions in this category. Tobacco based but have other things that make it lovely. Havana Nightz from JOOSE-E-LIQZ is a local example of that.

Another thing - I mostly like my tobacco vapes strong (18mg) and in mouth to lung mode. It's not that I am craving the taste of a cigarette (havent smoked one for 4.5 years now, so have largely forgotten what it tastes like) but I like a strong MTL mode throat hit.

I do and I have but I think I prefer INW 7 leaves it is not as sweet.

Sent using Tapatalk

Lol @GregF I never knew there were different 7 Leaves :eek:
the rabbit hole is widening as I go...

As I was reading this, I was just waiting for the word “menthol” to pop up somewhere, and of course it did hehe. I’m so happy to hear your DIY journey is “taking a turn for the better” @Silver, well done and keep posting here! I am enjoying following along. :)

Thanks @Carnival
Hehe, my menthol is always in my main vape tray - not even in the DIY section ;-)
I have found that menthol generally goes very well with fruits and tobaccoes so I couldnt resist...

EDIT - for the record - it was @Andre who advised me many many moons ago to keep a bottle of menthol concentrate on the ready for adding it to juices here and there. And how right he was (if you like menthol of course)

Thanks @Carnival
Hehe, my menthol is always in my main vape tray - not even in the DIY section ;-)
I have found that menthol generally goes very well with fruits and tobaccoes so I couldnt resist...

I do agree menthol goes well with fruits! I’m just such a sissy when it comes to menthol, really can’t take too much of it but in smaller amounts I definitely enjoy it. ;)

I do agree menthol goes well with fruits! I’m just such a sissy when it comes to menthol, really can’t take too much of it but in smaller amounts I definitely enjoy it. ;)

That's the great thing @Carnival - being able to put it as much or as little as you like
I find that a little bit of menthol accentuates the fruits and makes the vape fresh and bright. Like taking a dull photo and lightening and sharpening it up.
More menthol and it starts to give the menthol burn on long drags - but I suppose not many people like that :D

Local suppliers clyrolinx have clyrocool, which gives that cold icy sensation without affecting flavour. I could mix you some into a 70/30 3mg base so that you could add it to any juice to test if youd like?

You're asking great questions @veecee
Im not sure I can answer you

DIY is new to me and this was actually the first single tobacco concentrate I have tried ;-)

I have however vaped quite a few commercial ready made tobacco juices. What I find is that they don't emulate the taste one gets from smoking a cigarette (I was never a cigar or pipe smoker). I have tried to find a tobacco vape that tastes the same as a cigarette but I haven't found one. My feeling is that it has to do with the actual burning and combustion which lets off an aroma that is difficult to replicate in vape form.

That said, I have vaped a few juices that come quite close. Possibly the closest for me is Hurricane Vapor Sunshine Cured Tobacco (I reviewed it too if you want to go read up - sadly not locally available anymore to my knowledge)
Another great one was Heathers Heavenly Vapes Huntsman. A good local one is Vape Elixir Pure Tobacco. I also reviewed that. And there are several others. These are just straight up tobacco flavoured. They all remind me to differing degrees of the scent of the tobacco itself, unburnt. Sometimes its a bit woody. Sometimes a bit grassy. Mostly quite dry and not sweet.

Then you get quite a lot of tobacco juices (ready made) that add in other things. Some add a sweet dimension. Caramels etc. They usually soften the tobacco aspect and make it interesting. But what I find is if they add too many other things it detracts from the tobacco itself that I am usually after. There are some exceptions in this category. Tobacco based but have other things that make it lovely. Havana Nightz from JOOSE-E-LIQZ is a local example of that.

Another thing - I mostly like my tobacco vapes strong (18mg) and in mouth to lung mode. It's not that I am craving the taste of a cigarette (havent smoked one for 4.5 years now, so have largely forgotten what it tastes like) but I like a strong MTL mode throat hit.
That's a great review. I was hoping that the answer wouldn't be the smokey burnt cigarette smoke flavour. Now I'm fairly keen to try some out actually. Im getting quite tired of supersweet juices. So maybe its time to venture down some new unexplored avenues.

Thx for the inspiration this thread provides.

That's a great review. I was hoping that the answer wouldn't be the smokey burnt cigarette smoke flavour. Now I'm fairly keen to try some out actually. Im getting quite tired of supersweet juices. So maybe its time to venture down some new unexplored avenues.

No problem
Give some of the tobaccoes a try and see if you like them
I always have one or two of them in rotation

That's the great thing @Carnival - being able to put it as much or as little as you like
I find that a little bit of menthol accentuates the fruits and makes the vape fresh and bright. Like taking a dull photo and lightening and sharpening it up.
More menthol and it starts to give the menthol burn on long drags - but I suppose not many people like that :D

I must say, this thread makes me get a little DIY FOMO hehe. That aspect of being able to add in your preferred amount of any flavour that goes into a juice does tempt me. The feeling must be wonderful, after having carefully put in each flavour to create your desired profile and then waiting for it to steep.. when it comes to finally being able to test it, and it works out well, that must be very rewarding. :) Maybe one day I’ll take the plunge. ;)

Local suppliers clyrolinx have clyrocool, which gives that cold icy sensation without affecting flavour. I could mix you some into a 70/30 3mg base so that you could add it to any juice to test if youd like?

Oh wow, that’s extremely kind of you @veecee! Thank you. I’d really like that. :) Let me know how much and we can work something out month end!

No problem
Give some of the tobaccoes a try and see if you like them
I always have one or two of them in rotation
Definitely will keep an eye out for Havana nights

Lol @GregF I never knew there were different 7 Leaves :eek:
the rabbit hole is widening as I go...
You can say that again.
I think you will enjoy Latakia it is quite strong and bold.
Now... Would you like FA, INW or FW Latakia

Sent using Tapatalk

You can say that again.
I think you will enjoy Latakia it is quite strong and bold.
Now... Would you like FA, INW or FW Latakia

Sent using Tapatalk

Ooh
This is so intriguing
Thanks @GregF

Wait, the cave has turned into a chasm. Its so dark I cant see
I need my torch

@GregF , @Andre , @rogue zombie , do you guys use FA 7 Leaves in other mixes?
How have you found it?
I have used it in several tobacco mixes. The most successful of which was HIC's to buy Bora Bora White. Many of us vaped that for a long time. Another one I quite like was this one - more of a tobacco taste. In non-tobacco it works perfectly in HIC's to buy Lime Ice Cream.

@veecee , had my first tobacco juice today from a friend, and I have been having a craving for a vanilla cigar for some time now. I am enjoying it immensely, and the reason why I have been steering clear was the fear of the ashtray taste. This one is from The E-liquid project called Dam Peachy, and it is a mellow smooth taste. I definitely want to try Juice-licks range now. My first diy order for concentrates is also in to do some diy in the tobaccos.

I have used it in several tobacco mixes. The most successful of which was HIC's to buy Bora Bora White. Many of us vaped that for a long time. Another one I quite like was this one - more of a tobacco taste. In non-tobacco it works perfectly in HIC's to buy Lime Ice Cream.

Thanks @Andre
Much appreciated. I will check those out

@veecee , had my first tobacco juice today from a friend, and I have been having a craving for a vanilla cigar for some time now. I am enjoying it immensely, and the reason why I have been steering clear was the fear of the ashtray taste. This one is from The E-liquid project called Dam Peachy, and it is a mellow smooth taste. I definitely want to try Juice-licks range now. My first diy order for concentrates is also in to do some diy in the tobaccos.
@room fogger, @Silver. Thats exactly what I was worried about. The ashtray taste. Great description of exactly what I was trying to say. Thx. Will also look out for that one.

Right, moving on here

I mixed 7 recipes on Xmas day last year.
Only managed to properly try 4 of them
Life and VapeCon got in the way...

Next up is Dawn Spirit, a recipe @Andre posted in the Tobacco recipe thread from the FA site.

Here is the link to that post
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/diy-tobacco-recipes.t25083/page-19#post-460221

Its a simple three flavour recipe
- FA Virginia 4%
- FA Spearmint 0.5%
- FA Arctic Menthol 0.5%

Been vaping it this morning in the Hadaly with a simple 26g NI80 coil and CB2 wick. 25-30 Watts

Its nice, its mild - I like the FA Virginia. Coolants are mild but pleasant.
Leaves my mouth a bit dry after vaping for a while, but the coolness helps
Not sure I am enjoying the spearmint. I can taste it and its nice but perhaps i am just used to my menthol vapes so the slight sweetness of the spearmint is putting me off. Nothing bad about it, maybe im just not used to it.

Its a nice pleasant mix, just feels like it could do with something else but not sure what. Maybe a bit more menthol, haha.

Nice and gentle vape.

Bottom line - I could easily vape this and will do so - but its not a wow for me. What i learnt is that I like the FA Virginia and not so much the spearmint.

0b7b9f6ee2620c14c9e8954130811d12.jpg

Last edited:
Right, moving on here

I mixed 7 recipes on Xmas day last year.
Only managed to properly try 4 of them
Life and VapeCon got in the way...

Next up is Dawn Spirit, a recipe @Andre posted in the Tobacco recipe thread from the FA site.

Here is the link to that post
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/diy-tobacco-recipes.t25083/page-19#post-460221

Its a simple three flavour recipe
- FA Virginia 4%
- FA Spearmint 0.5%
- FA Arctic Menthol 0.5%

Been vaping it this morning in the Hadaly with a simple 26g NI80 coil and CB2 wick. 25-30 Watts

Its nice, its mild - I like the FA Virginia. Coolants are mild but pleasant.
Leaves my mouth a bit dry after vaping for a while, but the coolness helps
Not sure I am enjoying the spearmint. I can taste it and its nice but perhaps i am just used to my menthol vapes so the slight sweetness of the spearmint is putting me off. Nothing bad about it, maybe im just not used to it.

Its a nice pleasant mix, just feels like it could do with something else but not sure what. Maybe a bit more menthol, haha.

Nice and gentle vape.

Bottom line - I could easily vape this and will do so - but its not a wow for me. What i learnt is that I like the FA Virginia and not so much the spearmint.

0b7b9f6ee2620c14c9e8954130811d12.jpg
For sure add some menthol @Silver

Back