Single Coil RTA VS Dual Coil RTA

When it comes to RTA's I Prefer...

• Single Coil RTA

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Dual Coil RTA

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
I prefer single coil, for both RTAs and RDAs. I’m not into big clouds, and single coil is less of a juice guzzler.

Hi @HouseOfVape
For most vaping devices and for RTAs I do prefer single coil
Main reason is they are usually easier to setup

I find with dual coils , it takes me a lot longer to get it set up properly and get the coils glowing evenly. The coils have to be identical and often times the one coil glows slightly sooner than the other and that irritates me. I think it could be different leg lengths or some other minor differences. I am no coil building expert but have been building coils for a long time and I still get that issue from time to time.

Then its the pitstopping which takes longer. 2 coils to wick instead of one. More cotton.

Does a dual coil lead to double the vape experience? Mostly not. One usually gets more vapour but I am after flavour and I find that a good flavour single coil device has far better flavour than an average dual coil device.

There are some exceptions though - like my Petri V2 RDA - which is a dual coil - and it is lovely

But generally for me I dont think the extra effort of a dual coil is worth it - for me at least.

Back