Snacks: Low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free

I added some of that Granola to my veggie stir-fry the other night, just for fun! I don't think it went well with the veggies though. @Bumblebabe why is the Granola so sweet? I love it, but I'm just a little concerned ...

View attachment 138032
Sorry I’m not on here to often.
The combination of stevia and cinnamon gives it a sweet taste. It’s delicious

@RainstormZA

Last night's dinner: Skinny Pasta Mish-Mash

Contains:
Skinny Pasta
Fried bacon, onions and green peppers
Tomatoes
Cheddar Cheese
Garlic/Black Pepper seasoning
20180718_Skinny Pasta Mish-Mash.jpg

Perfect for Banters, Diabetics and Gluten-intolerants

Skinny Pasta Packet.jpg

Sorry I’m not on here to often.
The combination of stevia and cinnamon gives it a sweet taste. It’s delicious

See? Use stevia for the rusks.

Oh and I made gluten free rusks for myself and a friend who has a wheat allergy. He loves them! It was so worth it. Next time I'm leaving the sugar out and use only honey with nuts and seeds. They were soooooo good!

DSC_0407.JPG

This looks great pasta is something I really miss eating.

Me too ... I remember the first packet of Skinny Pasta which I received and made Spaghetti Bolognaise - a simple meal but one which I hadn't been able to have in years!! I see @Bumblebabe now has Banting Pasta in stock, but I haven't tried it yet.

Me too ... I remember the first packet of Skinny Pasta which I received and made Spaghetti Bolognaise - a simple meal but one which I hadn't been able to have in years!! I see @Bumblebabe now has Banting Pasta in stock, but I haven't tried it yet.
@Hooked @Bumblebabe , The gluten free paste fRom Dischem is what I use for Locust 1, how does this compare and fit in with your eating regimen. Is this something I must try as well, cholesterol, stroke, no energy etc.

@Hooked @Bumblebabe , The gluten free paste fRom Dischem is what I use for Locust 1, how does this compare and fit in with your eating regimen. Is this something I must try as well, cholesterol, stroke, no energy etc.

@Room Fogger I don't know about the pasta from Dischem, as I don't search for gluten-free products. My problem is diabetes, so I loook for sugar-free or low carb. All that I can say is that when I follow the Banting eating style, without cheating, I definitely have more energy, but it doesn't happen immediately. After a few weeks on Banting you'll notice the difference for sure. But note - Banting is low-carb, not gluten-free.

@Room Fogger I don't know about the pasta from Dischem, as I don't search for gluten-free products. My problem is diabetes, so I loook for sugar-free or low carb. All that I can say is that when I follow the Banting eating style, without cheating, I definitely have more energy, but it doesn't happen immediately. After a few weeks on Banting you'll notice the difference for sure. But note - Banting is low-carb, not gluten-free.

Banting is most definitely gluten free.
It’s gluten free, low carb and sugar free.

Gluten is one of the unnecessary staple foods that’s causing so much damage.
Gluten in any shape or form should be avoided.

Thanks for the info @Bumblebabe - I'm a little wiser now!

Especially for Locust 1, even if he goes to a braai the tea and antihistamine is on standby for in case. Reason why I cook meals for 14 days at a time and freeze for hom to take with, and he can make his own in between.

I had a wonderful weekend, delving into all my goodies from @Bumblebabe's shop https://livingproof.co.za/
Thank you so much for the little extras which you popped into the box, Bumblebabe! I gave the Sesame Seed Bar to my friend and she loved it. I gobbled up the others lol. I love the Sunflower Seed one!

20180721_Macadamia Seed Bar.jpg 20180721_Macadamia Blurb.jpg

20180721_Sunflower Seed Bar.jpg 20180721_Sunflower Blurb.jpg

I ordered more of the Nutty Professor's Granola, because it is DELICIOUS!!! This is the only thing that I've ever been able to eat first thing in the morning, but it's so good I could eat it for lunch and supper too - and sometimes I do when I don't feel like cooking! Bumblebabe, as you can see, the first packet is almost finished already - and that's since Friday!! I'll contact you about ordering this in bulk - seriously.

20180723_Granola.jpg 20180721_Granola Blurb.jpg

For breakfast I eat it with yoghurt. Spar makes a yoghurt which is quite low in carb and sugar, or I get Parmalat - also low in carbs.

20180723_Yoghurt.jpg 20180721_Granola with yoghurt.jpg

Or just as is, as a snack ...

20180721_Granola in bowl.jpg

And some drinking choc for typical Cape Town winter nights i.e. cold, howling wind, horizontal rain ... One of my dogs is terrified of the wind. Clearly her ancestors are not Capetonians! I'm originally a Joburg gal, but oh, I love the wind in CT!

20180721_Drinking Choc.jpg 20180721_Drinking Choc Blurb.jpg

There's nothing better than rusks dipped in coffee ...

20180721_Rusks.jpg 20180721_Rusks_plated.jpg

20180721_Rusks Blurb.jpg

And finally, who can resist a chocolate biscuit - dunked, of course! @Bumblebabe I gave a friend of mine, who is also diabetic, a packet and she says they're delicious!

20180721_Biscuits.jpg

You've got a fantastic shop @Bumblebabe - and thank goodness for the Internet!!

Attachments

• 20180721_Granola with yoghurt.jpg
    20180721_Granola with yoghurt.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180721_Rusks_plated.jpg
    20180721_Rusks_plated.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 3
Tonight's dinner: three ingredient coconut bread with bacon lettuce and tomato.
IMG_20180723_205046.jpg IMG_20180723_204759.jpg
Also noticed that the bacon contains dextrose won't be buying this brand again. Seems like hidden carbs are everywhere.

My wife makes them but they work well for a bread substitute bit dry but that can be fixed with some butter. Will get the recipe from her.

Thanks @Friep, but if it's anything complex then don't worry - I hate cooking and usually do simple things only lol.

I've never been able to understand people who like cooking, like @Bumblebabe. Just look what it involves:

Planning your shopping so that you have all the ingredients
Doing the shopping
Prep: Washing, cutting, basting, grating
Cooking
Washing, drying, packing away the dishes

How much time does all of that take? Hours of work - for 10 mins. of eating. The expenditure doesn't merit the income.

Back