Stand up for what you believe in

Is pineapple on pizza acceptable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pineapple is fine. I don't like Mayo on pizza. These chicken mayo flavours they have now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Being facetious I would say there is no quesion that it does. It is done millions of times daily so we know it can be done.

On the other hand, if you do put pineapple on a pizza, is it still a pizza? The answer is naturally no, it is now an Hawian or tropical pizza. Boerewors makes it a South African pizza, mieliepap makes it a Blou Bul pizza, chilli mince a Mexican and so forth ad so on.

Real pizza can, may and shall only ever be prepared in the Italian tradition. This is my ruling an as such beyond contestation. One may argue calling this an Italian pizza but this would be superfluous as the only real pizza is Italian pizza. The distinction between a real pizza and a pizza shaped object therefore being sufficiently catered for by the prefix of xxxxx before the word pizza. The fact that there is confusion on this topic and even in some cases lengthy debates being held on it is merely the manifestation of the sub standard results being obtained by outcomew based education systems.

I will however not allow myself to be drawn into such debates. No sir, never!

The acid test for real pizza is that after consumption, you shall reek of garlick for 24 to 48 hours, your blood pressure will challenge the upper limmits of even the most advanced Sphygmomanometer and cholesterol levels will be double figures. The previous being the result of the consumption of copiuos amounts of olives and salty meats and cheeses. Any pizza that can be consumed without residual fat stains on clothing is also merely a clone or PSO (Pizza Shaped Object).

Time to close, I'm starving..

Cheers

Haha! @Hooked

Most definitely, pineapple goes perfectly well with pizza!

Having stuffed myself on a nice Hawaian PSO, allow me to not participate in the debate a bit more.

Thick or thin base. WTF? If you want a grilled ham, cheese and tomato sami then order one. There is no way in this life or the next that the words pizza and thick base should be placed together in the same sentence. These do not even qualify as PSO's. If the topping is thinner than the base it's called an open grilled sandwich.

Any questions?
Lol

Regards

0l6obmn63buy.jpg

Ok, back after some research. Turns out I have not been spouting a load of BS after all.

Traditional pizza is a hand rolled round dough base not exceeding a thickness of 3.34mm in the centre and a maximum diameter of 35cm. Topped with a a mixture of tomato an cheese and spiced with origanum and basil. Additional topings of vegetables, meat or fish. Presented as a savoury dish. Wood fired in a traditional domed pizza oven.
The Hawaiian pizza is of Canadian origen.

Coming back to the original question, who cares? If you like it, go for it!

Regards

Ok, back after some research. Turns out I have not been spouting a load of BS after all.

Traditional pizza is a hand rolled round dough base not exceeding a thickness of 3.34mm in the centre and a maximum diameter of 35cm. Topped with a a mixture of tomato an cheese and spiced with origanum and basil. Additional topings of vegetables, meat or fish. Presented as a savoury dish. Wood fired in a traditional domed pizza oven.
The Hawaiian pizza is of Canadian origen.

Coming back to the original question, who cares? If you like it, go for it!

Regards

I believe that the REAL pizza from Naples would never have pineapple. Apparently Italians would be horrified if you asked for pineapple. I say they don't know what they're missing!

I don't call it a pizza unless it's got anchovies onboard.

LOL for this thread....

A good couple of years back there was a Pizza place in cape town called Donz Pizzaria.

They used to make a spicy chicken pizza with PINEAPPLES and sliced bananas on it... Many may think this is a bad idea but entirely it was one of the best pizzas I've ever had!!!

Im always trying out new pizza places etc but they dont come close to the above mentioned

LOL for this thread....

A good couple of years back there was a Pizza place in cape town called Donz Pizzaria.

They used to make a spicy chicken pizza with PINEAPPLES and sliced bananas on it... Many may think this is a bad idea but entirely it was one of the best pizzas I've ever had!!!

Im always trying out new pizza places etc but they dont come close to the above mentioned

I also love trying out new things but so far I haven't found the courage to try a chicken pizza!

Lets settle this once and for all. There is no such thing as a bad pizza. Whether its straight out of the oven or cold the next morning, for me its just the ultimate takeaway. If it wasnt for the calories i would eat pizza breakfast to dinner, 7 days a week

Pizza base, Nutella, baby marshmallows and sliced strawberries.

Breakfast of champions.

Reminds me of a Freestate burger, two scoops of stywe pap with a spoonful of slap pap in between. :cool:Absolutely magnificent. :D Can see I grew up on a farm, maplotter for ever.

@Room Fogger When I was a child our domestic used to make stywe pap and gravy for herself and I loved it! As for slap pap - nope!

Back