Start Of Afriville And The Tokolosh/rhino Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just too sick.. Im in forsure :)

Ok found something we can work off - just an idea and should not look the same - the top section can house the electronics and the binding posts (different lengths) can enable different heights for different size batteries (pic below):

Initial Spec:
01. Compatible with either (a) Bottom fed dripper or (b) RBA (might require optional post)
02. Optional with DNA30/Zeneca or without electronics or just a simple "Low Battery Voltage cut-off indicator"
03. Compatible with Nipple- or Flat top type 18650 IMR batteries
04. Lockable stainless steel firing switch
05. ..... please add/comment as you like

View attachment 1657
That looks vey nice!

Ok, being picking the memory. Here is what I remember from the guy that built a DNA onto his Reo and other comments from Reonauts:
  1. The DNA/Zeneca module must be housed in a water and juice tight compartment.
  2. The unit must be a hybrid - the atomizer must be an integrated part.
  3. Must be able to take a 18650 battery at the least.

@johanct my idea would be to keep it as simple as possible, either a cast shell or a cnc billet piece, thats what makes the Reo feel indestructible. May worry is size, this would be a deciding factor for lotsa ppl, I do like the curves or roundness of the edges of the above mod. The Zeneca and Dna are not small parts to add on to something like a Reo size mini. For one the thing i do not like about the original Dna Box mod is the size and Squareness

Ok found something we can work off - just an idea and should not look the same - the top section can house the electronics and the binding posts (different lengths) can enable different heights for different size batteries (pic below):

Initial Spec:
01. Compatible with either (a) Bottom fed dripper or (b) RBA (might require optional post)
02. Optional with DNA30/Zeneca or without electronics or just a simple "Low Battery Voltage cut-off indicator"
03. Compatible with Nipple- or Flat top type 18650 IMR batteries
04. Lockable stainless steel firing switch
05. ..... please add/comment as you like

View attachment 1657
Does this device already exist? Or is been done with photoshop?

Ok, being picking the memory. Here is what I remember from the guy that built a DNA onto his Reo and other comments from Reonauts:
  1. The DNA/Zeneca module must be housed in a water and juice tight compartment.
  2. The unit must be a hybrid - the atomizer must be an integrated part.
  3. Must be able to take a 18650 battery at the least.

I fully agree with points 1. & 3. - point 2. I think the option must be there for the sod who wants an RBA on the unit, or should we rather do 2 different units with the same look? Now with hindsight the late brilliant Steve Jobs had the following philosophy during the development of his range of Apple products: "Never give the customer an option, we will decide what he needs"

Ok . Look like something i would like to buy . Will search more thanks

@johanct my idea would be to keep it as simple as possible, either a cast shell or a cnc billet piece, thats what makes the Reo feel indestructible. May worry is size, this would be a deciding factor for lotsa ppl, I do like the curves or roundness of the edges of the above mod. The Zeneca and Dna are not small parts to add on to something like a Reo size mini. For one the thing i do not like about the original Dna Box mod is the size and Squareness

@The Golf - you are right: Keep it simple and rather look at version 2, 3 etc later as market dictates.

Further ideas (must just look way more better and 510 connection etc):

Micro-Idea-03.jpg

Micro-Idea-02.jpg

Micro-Idea-01.jpg

Another idea - just require slot on side for finger access to squank drip bottle - I like the solidness, can even be alumina which can be anodized in any colour.

Idea-05.jpg

Would it not be easier to keep the squonking aspect out of the build and focus on getting the electrics and housing sorted first?

I really like the tubular construction on that pic. Would actually be awesome to have a modular mod.

I support this project fully

Would it not be easier to keep the squonking aspect out of the build and focus on getting the electrics and housing sorted first?

I really like the tubular construction on that pic. Would actually be awesome to have a modular mod.

I support this project fully

@devdev - can't say at this stage, I'm in multiple minds right now and I think we should look at what the market demands / dictates. Although I have a passion for electronics, I personally won't use electronics in my vape gear.

At this stage it looks that most consumers like the REO style - maybe someone with market research experience can help us out here.

guys ,

for size considerations , juice bottle & a battery are going to make it huge .
for weight considerations , aluminum is the only choice , advantage - anodising , mild steel , just feel the weight of a VTR and add more !!

Ok guys it seems we are on a roll here. We need more input and assistance regarding conceptual ideas, so that we all can start voting on shapes, looks and functionality. In the interim think / volunteer who can assist with paperwork, market research, keeping us on track with a project / business plan etc.

Well, the Reo is tried and tested and has been in the market successfully for a number of years as opposed to many flashes in the pan. My suggestion is to start with similar form and functionality to ensure some success.

I think being able to use it as a mod, chucking your RBA/tank of choice on, or being able to 'squonk' like the REO would be a winner. IMHO at least.

A suggestion

I think we should ask the experienced REO users what their top 5 likes and dislikes are of the REO

Then we try make sure that the device we are trying to design caters for the likes and as best as possible addresses the dislikes.

this is going to be awesome :) personally i would vote for something more like a vtr than a reo, but only because my personal preferences go more towards electronic mods than mechanical mods. say a dna20 or 30 setup built into a small box that takes an 18350 battery where you can screw your mini tanks on the side, say your protank 2 mini. yes i'm hankering towards a mini vtr :)

this is going to be awesome :) personally i would vote for something more like a vtr than a reo, but only because my personal preferences go more towards electronic mods than mechanical mods. say a dna20 or 30 setup built into a small box that takes an 18350 battery where you can screw your mini tanks on the side, say your protank 2 mini. yes i'm hankering towards a mini vtr :)

@denizenx as much as I have a passion for electronics, IMO VV and VW devices are energy wasters, you can achieve exactly the same effect by wrapping different resistance coils until you hit your sweet spot, hence much longer vape time than with an electronic mod, however we should look at what the market out there dictates.

@denizenx as much as I have a passion for electronics, IMO VV and VW devices are energy wasters, you can achieve exactly the same effect by wrapping different resistance coils until you hit your sweet spot, hence much longer vape time than with an electronic mod, however we should look at what the market out there dictates.
Am a bit confused. The premise of this thread, as I understand it, is a Reo type device with a DNA30 system built in. Is that not then an electronic mod, albeit with a capacity for high constant power? Without the Reo unique factor of bottom feed dripper convenience, there are many such devices already @denizenx, and they are proliferating.

What does the market wants? Maybe a statistician can put up a poll for us on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back