Starter Kit

Congrats on being stinky free for 5 days, you have done the hard yards now. Not sure about the coil resistance on those coils - the coils sold separately are listed at 2.0 ohms. Check on the coil itself, usually on it somewhat small - I have to use a magnifying glass to see it.

If it's a sort of popping, sizzling sound, to me that means you have it spot on. I start worrying when it goes quiet :p

Ok awesome, been taking much better care of it this week and no leaks at all, been off cigarettes for about 5 days now and dont evens feel the urge the smoke one, have a box of cigs lying here and I didnt evens bother smoking while my battery was charging, vaping is awesome!!!
I have a question tho, the Vape King Pro Starter Kit how much ohms, the coil, is it? Because I hear a bit noisy burn sound when I smoke on 3.8v, but it taste so much better on 3.8v and 4.3v

I have found that the original Kangertech coils values are not what is printed on the coil. The 1.8 Ohm coil normally reads between 2.2 and 2.4 Ohms on my multimeter while the 2nd coil in the packagage with 2.5 Ohm printed on it is actually 2.9-3.0 Ohms.

The 2.2 ohm coil (1.8 printed on it) works best for me between 3.8-4.2V depending on the juice and/or flavour. The 2.9 ohm coil (2.5 printed on it) works best between 4.2 and 4.8volts.

Unfortunately the battery drains quicker when you up the volts.

Like some others here I now build my own coils using Kanthal wire and a genuine resistance of 1.8/1.9 ohms which allows me to vape at 3.3-3.7 volts with longer battery life. Going higher than that tends to burn on my setup. Also the kanthal is more consistent and I can rewick it numerous times without replacing the actual coil (just wash and dry burn before putting in a new wick)

Thin juices tend to gurgle more - the only solution I have found is to place another coil silicone grommet inverted on top of the normal one. It is more difficult to screw the base on but the leak is sorted. Also if you do this you have to check that the coil is still screwed in tight as loosening it when wanting to refill sometimes turns the coil loose..

Yes, you could be spot on - now notice @Jackson says sound not taste.
It does sound like a bit of a sizzling sound, I thought I was burning the coil when I heard the sound so just left it on 3.3v which isnt really too good in terms of flavour and vapour and throat hit, I was just worried I was messing up the coil lol
Actually almost like a crackling sound when on 3.8-4.3v

The crackling sound is very normal, especially at higher voltages, as long as you are not getting a burnt taste you are good to go.

Also at higher voltages chain vaping can result in dry hits ever so often, that is mainly because you are burning at a rate high than what the mPT2 can feed to the coil. IF that ever happens to you, I have noticed that doing a quick primer puff every 5-6 drags remedies that problem.

Happy vaping!

The crackling sound is very normal, especially at higher voltages, as long as you are not getting a burnt taste you are good to go.

Also at higher voltages chain vaping can result in dry hits ever so often, that is mainly because you are burning at a rate high than what the mPT2 can feed to the coil. IF that ever happens to you, I have noticed that doing a quick primer puff every 5-6 drags remedies that problem.

Happy vaping!
Oh OKay thanks, that actually makes my vaping experience better thanks :)

Back