StompieZA Reviews - Geekvape Bident Dual Coil Pod

StompieZA

Reviewer, DIY Lover & Flavor Chaser
LV

Awards
Bident-pod.jpg
Carrie from Geekvape sent me their latest Dual coil Pod system the Bident to review for them. This is really a beautiful device that offers good flavor using the dual coil setup, So take a read through the review as im sure you will find it interesting!

Item Name : Geekvape Zeus Sub Ohm
Manufacturer: @geekvape
Cost: Still to be launched in SA

***DISCLAIMER*** This device was supplied to me by Carrie over at @geekvape for the purpose of reviewing the product for them and providing my personal feedback and opinion of this device.

Bident is the industry’s first pod system with patent pending dual coil technology. Engineered to produce a denser vapor production and richer flavor output. Equipped with the latest Micro AS Chip supporting 3 output modes to allow both MTL and DTL experience.

As usual, here are the unboxing pictures of the box and device

IMG_20190826_174242.jpg IMG_20190826_174250.jpg IMG_20190826_174308.jpg IMG_20190826_174356.jpg IMG_20190826_174809.jpg IMG_20190826_174450.jpg IMG_20190826_174502.jpg IMG_20190826_174518.jpg IMG_20190826_174528.jpg IMG_20190826_174544.jpg

What’s inside the box you ask?

Package List

1 x Bident Kit (Pre-installed: DL Bident pod-B1 N80 0.8oHm – 14-18W)
1 x MTL Bident pod-B2 N80 1.2oHm – 9-12W
1 x USB Charging Cable
1 x Promotion and Warranty card
1 x User Manual

upload_2019-8-30_9-31-30.png

Technical specifications are also important, so here they are:

Bident Pod Specifications

Mod's Specification
  • Material: Aluminium Alloy & Plastic
  • Power Range: 9 – 18 Watt
  • Power Output : 3.4V, 3.6V and 3.8V
  • Battery Capacity: 950mAh
  • Constant Voltage Output: 3.7V
  • Charge rate : 5V/1A
  • Working Temperature: -10 to 45deg c
  • Standby Current: Less than 10uA
  • Maximum output Duration : 10 Seconds
Dimensions & Weight
  • Dimensions: 17.5mm x 32mm x 88.5mm
  • Weight:
Pod’s Specification
  • Capacity: 3.5ml
  • Weight:
  • Material: PCTG
  • Color: Translucent Black
  • Resistance MTL : 1.2oHm
  • Resistance DL : 0.8oHm
  • Coil Type : N80
Packaging

The device comes neatly packed and is secured in a foam insert on the top. Once the device is removed, there is another foam insert that houses the spare MTL pod and a small box that has the USB type C cable. The device warranty, promotional card and user manual is packaged in a nice black envelope.

Looks and aesthetics

The device has a metal type body with plastic inserts on the sides protected with a protective film which will assist in keeping the device looking great for longer. The name Bident is neatly displayed on the bottom of the device. The fire button which is also used to change the power levels are positioned in the middle with no button rattle and a nice solid click. At the bottom of the device is the Type C usb port for charging the device which im a big fan of, the Type C connection just works great I find. The Pod is a black translucent that allows you to see the liquid level clearly while using the device.

The pod is secured firmly with strong magnets and I do not find any movement on the pod once inserted. The pod goes in easily, but it is a very snug fit which is a bonus. The pod shape is a nice comfortable mouthpiece that vapes really good and feels good as well.

Vaping and user experience?

The device isn’t draw activated and uses the fire button to fire the coils for each draw which I find is now “old” technology as most pods being released use draw activated systems which is awesome and makes the whole experience more “cigarette like” especially for new vapers. The button is surrounded with LED lights that acts as the Battery Life Indicator: Red light: 0-30%; Blue light: 31-69%; Green light: 70-100%. The kit is easy to use and just requires the user to fill the pod, wait a minute or two and they are set to start vaping.

Changing the power settings on the device is as easy as pressing the fire button 3 times and the LED will flash and pressing the button again 3 times will cycle through the power settings.

upload_2019-8-30_9-23-23.png

Flavour & usability on this pod?

The pods on the Bident uses a patent pending dual coil system which is a first and assists in providing much better flavour as well as a lot more vapour production compared to single coil pod systems. The pods have a 3.5ml juice capacity which I think is a great size for pods as most pods use around 1.2ml to 1.8ml and requires more frequent filling. Although this pod is bigger, the dual coil does use more juice which is to be expected but with the extra flavour, that’s acceptable for me.

upload_2019-8-30_9-22-4.png

Direct to Lung (DL Coil – 0.8ohm)

I started off using the DL pod as this is the pre-installed pod. Filled her up with 60/40 nic salt from all day vapes (Choc Mint Shake 12mg) which I usually use on all pods to compare and the flavour was good and the vapour production even more that I’m used to for a pod device. The draw is a restrictive DL hit and not airy. I then used some 3mg 70/30 juice and the flavour change is almost instant but the pod does not like being chain vaped with the thicker juice on its highest power setting being 3.8v. I changed the power down to the middle setting 3.6v and it coped much better still giving me great flavour and cloud production without giving me “almost dry hits”.

Mouth to Lung (MTL Coil – 1.2ohm)

Using the same Choc Mint Shake 12mg juice, I set off to test the MTL pod and was disappointed. It provided much less flavour and the draw is so loose that you would think you are vaping on the DL pod. Taking a MTL draw is very unrestrictive and even by blocking the two air holes on the side does not improve it that much. Thus, it is possible to take restricted DL draws with the MTL pod which should not be the case.

Filling the Pod

Filling the pod is as easy as 1,2,3.5ml….see what I did there! But really, pop out the pod, lift the orange rubber seal and fill that pod right up, no mess no fuss! The fill hole is nice and big which makes it easy for all types of juice bottles but also allowing air to pass by as you fill to not cause an air lock.

upload_2019-8-30_9-19-17.png

Battery Life, Is it that good?

The battery housed in this device is 950mHa that offers a good enough battery life to keep you vaping at least one full day with normal vaping and not chain vaping at your desk. The battery takes around 45min to full charge due to the 1Amp charging system giving the user as little possible down time.

Available colour’s:

I was sent the gunmetal magma version for this review and I really love the purple design. What I have noticed is that these colour panels are all the same and isn’t unique, they are mass produced so they all have the exact pattern.

upload_2019-8-30_9-19-28.png

Let’s get down to the nitty gritty! The want to hears and the not’s!

My Pro's
  • Great packaging and build quality overall
  • Nice size and weight, Great for everyday carry around
  • Good liquid capacity for a pod device
  • Dual coil that offers good flavour
  • Battery life is good
  • 3 Different power settings, this really helps a lot!
  • DL and MTL pods included as well as DL and MTL option on one device
  • DL pod offers a nice tight but smooth draw
  • Fast charging due to the 5V/1A
  • New USB Type-C port which I love!
  • Bottom airflow
  • No leaking from the pods at all

My Cons's
  • Some juice flooding especially if left lying on its side, you will sometimes get a drop of juice while you draw
  • 70/30 juice cannot be chain vaped, the coils do not keep up and works better on the middle power setting 3.6v. On 3.8v the coil will run dry!
  • No draw activation function, but this isn’t the end all for me, Its just that most pods now have draw activated systems.
  • MTL pod is not nearly restrictive enough unless you like very loose MTL draws, I like it tight!

Conclusion?

I really like the look and feel of the Bident but I am disappointed in the MTL pod. This is a great little device that offers a good amount of vapour and good flavour but would be considered as a small DL carry around when you are quickly running out and do not want to carry your big normal DL setup with you. As for MTL, to me it does not make it and it should be way tighter

Would I buy one with my own hard-earned cash? Yes, only to be used as a small DL device and because it looks great and holds a nice amount of liquid.

Big thanks goes out to Carrie at @geekvape for the support and sending me some new products from their brand to review. I will also be reviewing their latest Zeus Subohm Tank!

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-30_9-21-57.png
    upload_2019-8-30_9-21-57.png
    124 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20190826_174411.jpg
    IMG_20190826_174411.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 4
UPDATE:

I carried the Bident with me at Vapecon and it was a great choice as a restricted DL device. I bought some new 30mg nic salts from the pitbull stall and i am enjoying the tobacco flavor but still have to do direct to lung hits with the MTL pod which sucks but the device really works well for those looking for a super compact DL device that chugs clouds and has great flavor!

Back