Stuff that happened to you that doesnt deserve a thread

Very very Special week for me,

Locust 1 is writing his last 2 subjects today and Thursday and coming home on Thursday night from NWU Potch, with a BCom Economics and International Trade degree, have total faith he will do well!

And to double up on that, Locust 2 is writing his first subject this morning as a first year BSC IT student.

Happy man on this side of the screen.:D

Well done to all three of you @Room Fogger!

Very very Special week for me,

Locust 1 is writing his last 2 subjects today and Thursday and coming home on Thursday night from NWU Potch, with a BCom Economics and International Trade degree, have total faith he will do well!

And to double up on that, Locust 2 is writing his first subject this morning as a first year BSC IT student.

Happy man on this side of the screen.:D
Happy for you bro!.
Excellent achievement for both of them.

Not sure if Tuesday was a bad day... or a good day. My wife was hit by a jackknifing truck on N1 freeway on Tuesday morning. She and her passenger were transported to hospital via ambulance but later released. She is VERY sore right now, but nothing major. So perhaps Tuesday was a good day.... she’s alive!

8DAC7A02-8D09-472B-8596-D5D723C929FE.jpeg 471EF331-EB74-49E4-8101-499C7E3D4E96.jpeg

Not sure if Tuesday was a bad day... or a good day. My wife was hit by a jackknifing truck on N1 freeway on Tuesday morning. She and her passenger were transported to hospital via ambulance but later released. She is VERY sore right now, but nothing major. So perhaps Tuesday was a good day.... she’s alive!

View attachment 183373 View attachment 183374

wow, glad all's ok

Glad to hear your wife is Ok, and hope she feels better soon!

No, this didn't happen to me! I'm just posting it here out of interest.

Imagine going shopping then returning to this! Oh. My. Vape.

Car stripped_1.JPG

Sorry Bro.
Good thing is Angels was on there side of the road.
Glad they all ok.

And I can now officially confirm that Mr BK du Plessis has been awarded a BCom Economics and International Trade Degree from the North West University Potch campus and will be attending a graduation ceremony early next year.
85F59F9E-BA72-46CD-BA26-41EF75CA0C35.jpeg

Seeing that he is better qualified than me now I’m going to have to beat him with experience and BS.:D Now he is officially also not a student on Holliday but unemployed, we can now start job searching together.

And I can now officially confirm that Mr BK du Plessis has been awarded a BCom Economics and International Trade Degree from the North West University Potch campus and will be attending a graduation ceremony early next year.
View attachment 184150

Seeing that he is better qualified than me now I’m going to have to beat him with experience and BS.:D Now he is officially also not a student on Holliday but unemployed, we can now start job searching together.

congratulations Mnr, upwards and onwards !

View attachment 184150

Great stuff mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other night a new vaper Whatsapped me with some general questions. At 11p.m. Are you kidding me???

This morning a woman who makes cheese in our town sent a Whatsapp ad. At 6.45a.m. On a Sunday. On a SUNDAY!
Needles to say I was cheesed off! Marketing your business at 6.45a.m. on any day of the week is inappropriate, but on a Sunday, the only day when one can sleep a bit late, it's totally unacceptable!

I gave both people a piece of my mind and they both said that they wouldn't do it again, but there didn't seem to be any realisation from them that their timing had been inappropriate.

I don't get it. Do people have no sense of decency, of good manners, of respect ... whatever one wants to call it?

I'm going to sound like a real old fogey now, but in my day (long before the advent of mobile phones and Whatsapp) one NEVER phoned someone after 8 p.m. unless it was really important or an emergency.

Do people think that, because of Whatsapp, there are no boundaries??

View attachment 184150

Well done and congrats to you @Room Fogger and Mr BK du Plessis on this auspicious achievement!

I bought something from Amazon recently and WOW! I'm impressed!

It was all so easy. They calculate Customs duty which is added to your invoice, so it's paid upfront. No wondering how much Customs is going to be; no need to wait for the goods to arrive and then pay Customs.

My order was placed on the night of Sunday 24 Nov. They said that I would receive my parcel between 2 - 9 Dec.
It was delivered to my door via DHL on 2 Dec.!

You've got to hand it to the Americans - they know what super-efficient service is all about!

This morning while driving to work the news came on air.
Instead of addressing the real reasons why we have stage 9 load shedding. The president of this country blamed the new development ( the power plant ) that has issues and can't be completed.
And I think to myself...What a wonderfull world!

Last edited:
This morning while driving to work the news came on air.
Instead of addressing the real reasons why we have stage 9 load shedding. The president of this country blamed the new development ( the power plant ) that has issues and can't be completed.
And I think to myself...What a wonderfull world!

I just received a message where the guy claims Eskom isn't paying their bills and suppliers didn't want to supply them with oil. And the're bulshitting us.

What's worse than loadshedding? All the complaints about loadshedding!!! Everywhere you go someone has something to say about it and quite frankly I'm tired of all the negativity. Negativity breeds negativity. It's a never-ending cycle.

Yes, loadshedding is a pain. Yes, Eskom is a pain. Yes, the country is going to rack and ruin. But get over it!!! Continual complaints do nothing to help the situation.

Instead, next time there's loadshedding at night, sit outside in the dark; in the stillness and enjoy the peace. Look at the stars unobscured by street lights. Fall asleep on the bench with your dog sleeping next to you - and wake to find that the street lights are back on lol!

If you've got things to do at home, make a plan. If you don't have a generator, buy plenty of rechargeable lights. I've just ordered quite a few from Takealot. They can be recharged either via electricity beforehand or solar power.

Must have Internet? Stop complaining that there isn't any. I'm with Afrihost and my mobile modem has its own battery. Loadshedding, for example right now, doesn't affect my Internet at all, whether I'm on my laptop or phone.

Bottom line: Stop complaining. It is what it is. Get organised!

Back