Tell us you're South African

R-15249619-1588676544-7000.jpeg.jpg

Ag pleez deddy won't you take us to the drive in all six seven of us eight nine ten.

Last edited:
That one time BM put Merc in it's place XD

I remember that Merc -BM saga ... SA didn't / doesn't allow comparative marketing, nor any negative referencing of competitors ... and to use another SA saying; "Daar was groot k@k in die land oor daai"

In the UK, they got saffa shops everywhere and I know of one that is near me but travels to different locations to sell the SA food stuff and drinks. You would not believe the price of biltong here - it's £11.25 for 240g biltong, £8 for 250g droewors. The Sparletta drink range is £5 ish for 2L where you can buy coke (2 for £3.50)

I'm hoping when it comes around later this week, I'll be getting some of my beloved Mrs Balls Original Chutney, Ouma's Buttermilk Rusks, some biltong, and Fritos Corn chips. Ah and Spray n Cook.

Nothing beats freshly made at an afrikaans braai - it's always the pap and tomato / onion gravy that's the best stuff of the braai part.

Have no idea what that's like either! I remember our domestic, who at that time was called our nanny, making pap and gravy for herself and I loved it. However, my Mom, in spite of being as English as they come, insisted that we have a bowl of mealiemeal porridge before going to school in winter and I hated it! Never had pap since then!

In the UK, they got saffa shops everywhere and I know of one that is near me but travels to different locations to sell the SA food stuff and drinks. You would not believe the price of biltong here - it's £11.25 for 240g biltong, £8 for 250g droewors. The Sparletta drink range is £5 ish for 2L where you can buy coke (2 for £3.50)

I'm hoping when it comes around later this week, I'll be getting some of my beloved Mrs Balls Original Chutney, Ouma's Buttermilk Rusks, some biltong, and Fritos Corn chips. Ah and Spray n Cook.

Ah yes, Mrs Balls Chutney. Imagine how excited I was when I lived in Oman and the main supermarket started stocking it!!

Have no idea what that's like either! I remember our domestic, who at that time was called our nanny, making pap and gravy for herself and I loved it. However, my Mom, in spite of being as English as they come, insisted that we have a bowl of mealiemeal porridge before going to school in winter and I hated it! Never had pap since then!
I loved Mealiemeal porridge but hated jungle oats.

Tragedy !

Back