The E-Liquid Project - Juice Reviews

thanks so much for the reviews everyone, very helpful and crazy how well you guys describe the taste. It makes my mouth water :) I'm still very new to these other flavors of juice. So to remedy that I've placed a bottle of Amazon, Straw Dogs and The Daddler into my cart, currently the General Custard is out of stock. Hopefully by next week Friday they will have stock - because this is when I hit the checkout button :). I'm super keen on tasting these juices - I've also added a bottle of Scream to the cart. Really can't wait, dammit why must payday be so darn far away.

So sorry, i fixed it. I used one of my previous templates and forgot to change the name.

So sorry, i fixed it. I used one of my previous templates and forgot to change the name.

No need to be sorry bud, everyone makes mistakes.
Glad you found a nice juice. And you should try StrawDogs if you like strawberries, it is one of my personal favourites.

No need to be sorry bud, everyone makes mistakes.
Glad you found a nice juice. And you should try StrawDogs if you like strawberries, it is one of my personal favourites.
If you go up a bit i have a review of it as well. Its awesome, i finished my bottle in less than a month. I actually have the NCV STRAB now which i got yesterday and its amazing!

If you go up a bit i have a review of it as well. Its awesome, i finished my bottle in less than a month. I actually have the NCV STRAB now which i got yesterday and its amazing!
Waiting for my ncv strawb to try

I didn't see you previous review. I would however like to hear your opinion on the NCV StrawB. I am a huge strawberry fan, just never got to trying the NCV version.

I didn't see you previous review. I would however like to hear your opinion on the NCV StrawB. I am a huge strawberry fan, just never got to trying the NCV version.
Ill do a review a bit later today, making sure i properly taste it. So far i really like it, its one of my favorite strawberry mixes so far.

Hi all

Picked up a bottle of E-Liquid Project Pink Lady from @KieranD at VapeCartel a few months back and it's been sitting quietly in the cupboard. I cracked open the bottle and have been vaping it in two Reos for the past 10 days.

For those who don't know, VapeCartel is an awesome retailer that has grown from strength to strength. They bring in some high quality international juices and stock great vaping gear. E-liquid Project is their in-house locally manufactured juice line. It was launched earlier this year.

What attracted me to Pink Lady was the Lemonade angle. I like sour tasting things and am looking for a great sour tangy vape.

This juice has a 12mg nic strength. The 30ml bottle cost me R140. Not sure about the PG/VG ratio but I think it is 60% VG. Perhaps @KieranD can confirm?

The E-Liquid Project - PINK LADY (12mg)

Bottom line - A very pleasant lemon flavoured vape. I liked it for the lemon sourness and the soft texture. For me, a bit of a let down was the over-ripe odour I got in the aftertaste and vapour. Although I enjoyed vaping it, I probably would not re-order.

View attachment 36872

The juice has a light orange colour and a pleasant sweetish lemon smell.

On the vape I first get a lemon taste. It's very pleasant. A bit of sour. Not a sour that makes you cringe your face, just a light sourness. "Sherbety" in nature. Quite tangy. This is good. Then I get a slight sweetness in the background. Can't really make it out but perhaps a strawberry. The sweetness is more prominent on the second and third toots. Overall, I find the lemon taste and the sweetness are nicely rounded and complement each other quite well. The flavours are of medium strength.

But then after a few toots and a few exhales I get this overripe odour coming through in the aftertaste and the vapour. It's an over-ripe fruit taste. For me, it detracts and is a bit unpleasant.

I try to forget the juice description from the manufacturer when I am reviewing a juice. It sometimes distorts my impressions. But after the over-ripe taste I was getting I decided to check out the description. They say "Strawberry, Lemonade and Vanilla Ice Cream". I certainly get the lemonade as the main feature. That sweetness I am detecting is probably the strawberry. Not sure where the vanilla ice cream is, I can't detect that. Maybe that has something to do with the over-ripe odour coming through. Not sure.

It's more sour than sweet, despite the little bit of sweetness in it. I find it more on the dry side than wet. It's not a cool or warm vape - somewhere in-between. It does taste natural.

This juice has reasonable throat hit for a 12mg. It's quite smooth but I found the throat hit satisfactory. Vapour production was good - I would say a bit above average - that's why I think its probably a 60% VG mix.

It has quite a "sherbety" and soft texture to it. I liked that a lot. Goes well with the Lemon taste. It is quite a mellow vape and has fairly good all-day potential. It vaped well in my gear without any problems.

I vaped Pink Lady a fair amount in two devices and for me it was much better on higher power in lung hit mode:
  • Reo/Nuppin at 0.4 ohms (lung hit) - by far my preferred vape for this juice. On this setup it brought out more of the sourness and lemon for me.
  • Reo/RM2 at 0.9 ohms (mouth to lung) - I did not enjoy this juice on the RM2 at all. I found it a bit sweeter, and muted. Far less of the sourness and lemon zing. Perhaps the lower power accentuating the sweet flavours.
Overall, I enjoyed vaping Pink Lady. I liked the texture and the bit of sour in the lemon main flavour. For me, the only let down was the over-ripe odour and flavour after a few toots.

Packaging:
  • Good packaging - clear glass bottle with long thin-tipped glass dripper
  • Labelling is adequate - it has the name and the strength but I could not see the PG/VG ratio. Also, the name and the strength are too small in my view.
  • The cap is not of the "child deterrent" variety
  • Bear in mind I got this juice a few months ago - so perhaps the packaging has changed since. I am only commenting on what I have.

Equipment used:
  • REO Grand/Nuppin1 - dual 0.40 ohm coil - Rayon wicks - (36 to 44 Watts, depending on battery level)
  • REO Grand/RM2 - single 0.9 ohm coil - Rayon and organic cotton wicks - (16 to 20 Watts, depending on battery level)
I strongly maintain that any juice needs to be 100ml for a proper review.
I started with this juice to see what its like and I thought it was not going to last more than 10ml because I was going to bin it.
I think it tastes like fizzer and my wife says it tastes like strawberry pops.
About 40 ml into this juice, I can't live without a tank being topped up daily.
No pink lady means a bad day.

This juice has grown on me and now it's a vape staple that I need daily.

It is a different taste and it is one of those juices that the more you vape,the more you enjoy.

Not your run of the mill juice. This is a 10/10 juice that takes some getting used to.

Each to their own @Christos
Glad you liked it!

Edit - There are some juices that I have grown to like more the more I vaped it but not many. Perhaps I need to order more of this ;-)

Last edited:
Glad you liked it!
It really grew on me and now it's a taste I want available daily.

I'm very funny when it comes to new tastes therefore I need at least 100ml to aquire a familiarity to a taste and then decide if I like it.

Pink lady performs well at cold temps e.g in a reo and at hight temps but I didn't like it at first.

Once I got used to it its a juice I will buy repeatedly in no less than 100 ml.

Glad you liked it!

Edit - There are some juices that I have grown to like more the more I vaped it but not many. Perhaps I need to order more of this ;-)
I taste juices and either it tastes like dirt or its a migrane juice.
The e liquid range has proved to be a non migrane and non dirt range.

Granted I only tried amazon and pink lady and I don't need to try the rest because "if you are happy why diversify".

Amazon is an instant winner.
Pink lady needs some time to get used to (like any woman, no disrespect to any woman or disregard for the female gender).
I strongly recommend a dedicated device to pink lady that you vape daily.
It really becomes a must as the lemonade strawberry fizz changes your perception on what e liquid should be to the possibilities of what e liquid can aspire to be.

So my first review and contribution of Damn Peachy by Vape Cartel / E-liquid Project Max. Thanks to @KieranD for the superb service and deliveries :)

Company: Vape Cartel / E-Liquid Project Max
Product Name: Damn Peachy
Product Image: Standard ELP Max packaging

bd9bbbdb29f58ddf1524619de63d8419.jpg

Mod: Evic VTC Mini 75w
Watts/Volts: 23w @230 degrees
Atomiser: Cubis with BF SS316 coil head
Coil Resistance: .5
Wicking Material: Pure Cotton

9f45a05b1d29ee81410cb5dc844e080f.jpg

Strength: 3mg

Price: Sample
Website: http://www.vapecartel.co.za/collections/the-e-liquid-project-max/products/damn-peachy-30ml

Spent some time with this liquid today in my Cubis and my Smok Goldpillar RDA. It's a peach , excuse the pun.

PG/VG : 20/80

Website blurb:

70cb98c9094d7590d76860e4130fcb22.jpg

Reviewer Notes: it pulls sweet and creamy , initial pull has me reminiscing my childhood of canned peach slices doused in a good serving of ultra mel custard. It's sweet , but not sickly. This juice has a smooth soft note to it , but it has pretty distinct flavor profiles to it. Exhale leaves a lingering custard taste begging me to chain vape the hell out of it.

Similar to: Can't say due to inexperience

Avoid if: You did not have a happy childhood.

nomnomnom : very nom , a solid 5/7 if you get the reference. Will definitely buy again.

I'm vaping this in hospital and this is my first review via Tapatalk so go easy on me.

Thanks for sharing your views @brotiform
Have moved your review to the existing E-Liquid Project Juice Reviews thread

Just to add , finding damn peachy even better at warmer temps , it's just so smoooth :)

I did a review on first impressions of amazon running at high and low watt :)

Really enjoying this, a silver lining after I dropped my lemo 2 and had to pick it apart to get the pins to kiss and make up :p

I got a bottle of Special Reserve Batch 2... I want to review it but I honestly dont know where to begin.

It is a fantastic tobacco blend. A refreshing change from all the cupcakes and donuts and fruit loops and the rest of the sweet ones.

Very rich yet dark flavor. Tobacco, caramel, custard, maybe a touch of banana. Some more elements contributing I am certain.

Been dedicating the Tsunami to this juice exclusively.

Simply breaks the NOM scale. And fantastic mouth feel and throat hit not just flavour.

Instant favorite. Now watch me battle to stay stocked up looool...

Today I got some Coffee Cream, Cowboys Apple and Gollums Apple.

Sheeeeeez. I will review once the bottles are a bit further in. THIS. COMPANY. IS. SICK. AS TITS.

Blown away. Real flavour not just sugar. Perfect mouth feel and super satisfying.

I will tackle them one by one but for now @capetocuba @KieranD you are masters of the art. And @Vaping Kicks Ash you know your customers super well.

Wishing all of you continued success!!

I'm keen to try it - just out of stock at the moment...
Vape Cartel in Cape Town can hook you up I almost tried some yesterday but I was in the mood for some darker flavours... The Coffee Cream bottle has been punished quite nicely lol...

Hi all

This review is long overdue. Many have spoken about Special Reserve and it has taken me so long to get round to it. It won the Tobacco category in the ECIGSSA 2016 Juice Awards, so I figured I had better get moving on it.

For those who don't know, The E-liquid Project is Vape Cartel's in-house brand of juices. The line has been going for some time and many of its juices are firm favourites here. Special Reserve is a "special" juice that it is only made in batches. I got a 30ml bottle from Batch #1 several months back from @KieranD at Vape Cartel. I paid R180 for it. Batch #1 is a 70% VG juice. It was well steeped when I opened the bottle;-) I have been vaping it for the past 6 weeks or so.

The E-Liquid Project - SPECIAL RESERVE (12mg)

Bottom line - a mild tobacco in a creamy tasty dessert. Rich, creamy and decadent. I liked this juice for its complexity, balance and premium feel. For me it is more dessert than tobacco but the two go very well together. A superb treat on occasion. I would like to re-order.

IMG_1060 - 480by640.jpg

The juice has a orange colour and a fruity creamy smell.

When I vape it I get a mild tobacco in a creamy tasty dessert. It is rich, creamy and decadent. It tastes very good! The flavours are not too strong. It is balanced and well mixed. Definitely complex. I get a very slight toffee type of taste and perhaps a bit of vanilla. Sometimes I pick up a slight liqueur type of taste.

The tobacco itself is mild. This is not a hard-hitting tobacco juice. For me it's more of a dessert flavoured juice with tobacco in the background. That creamy dessert is delicious though and I am not generally a fan of dessert vapes. It's difficult to describe the exact flavour in one sentence but it's very enjoyable. I think the tobacco makes the dessert base great and that's why I enjoy it. Full marks in this respect.

The juice is on the sweetish side but thankfully for me, not overly sweet. It's a wettish vape and a warm one. I find it natural tasting - no synthetic tones.

The throat hit is medium for me. Not bad for a 12mg and 70% VG juice. Vapour production is good - what one would expect from a 70% VG juice.

Special Reserve has a smooth texture which adds to its premium feel and I think it goes well with the creamy flavour. I find the juice quite bold because it's quite rich and decadent. For me it's therefore not an all-dayer but more of an occasional treat. But I am taking nothing away from the splendid taste.

The aftertaste is quite special. I get a lovely creamy dessert taste lingering for a bit. It is very pleasant. Exhaling through the nose after vaping enhances this.

The juice vaped well on my equipment. I tried it in two main setups. Mouth to Lung (MTL) on the Reo/RM2 and Lung hit on the Crius/Rolo.
  • Mouth to Lung - The flavour on the RM2 is excellent. Deep, rich and wet with decent throat hit. It's my tobacco setup on "Reo Black" with the 0.45 ohm 29g Kanthal paracoil. I tried both Jap Cotton and Cotton Bacon but leaned more toward the Jap Cotton. Perhaps a slightly richer flavour. Both were good.
  • Lung Hit - I used the Crius because I am enjoying it for my diluted Blackbird tobacco vape. I generally prefer tobaccoes in mouth to lung with a high nic strength for the sharp hard throat hit punch. I find longer more airy lung hits a totally different sensation and generally not what I'm after when it comes to tobaccoes. But this juice was great in Lung Hit mode. Probably because I'm not after a strong throat hit with it. It's more of a dessert flavour experience. Compared to the RM2 MTL I found it a bit drier and a bit lighter. The flavour was not as rich and less sweet. Very satisfying and a totally different experience.
For pure flavour I still preferred the RM2 MTL vape slightly.

This juice has no negatives for me. It's a superb after dinner treat and something I would like to re-order. If you like dessert type vapes and have a liking for tobaccoes, definitely give this a try. I am not surprised it is liked by so many.

Packaging:
  • Good packaging - a clear glass bottle with a long glass dropper and thin spout. Easy to use and easy to fill your devices.
  • The labelling is good. It has the PG/VG ratio and the nic strength.
  • It has a "child deterrent" cap
Equipment used:
  • REO Grand/RM2 - 0.45 ohm para coil - Jap Cotton/Cotton Bacon wicks - (32 to 40 Watts, depending on battery level)
  • Rolo/Crius V3 - dual kanthal coils - 0.5 ohms - Cotton Bacon wick - (25 to 35 Watts)

I still need to try this one @Silver. Thank your for the great review. Glad to hear it is not overly sweet. Tobaccoes are so versatile, can transform a juice.

Back