The Exocet Thread

I'm having two problems with my exocet.
The first is that my ohms keep jumping, it'll be about a 0.05 difference.
The second is that I keep getting a dry/burnt cotton taste even when the tank is full.
Any help is appreciated!
Hi, I've noticed that in my Exocet if I use too much cotton it tends to mute the flavour and I get bad dry hits, also, I find royal wicks and cb v2 to be the best in this atty.

Secondly if I'm using high vg juices, anything over 70/30 vg/pg ratio it struggles to wick at times, not often but the lower the vg in the juice the better the wicking and flavour.

I just built a 2mm id now, 6 wraps, n80 fused claptons to read at 0.4ohmsand the flavour is glorious, tried the cranapple, I've been wanting to get rid of in this build and its shinning bright!

I suggest also to fluff up your cotton quite a bit and make sure it stays clear of the walls of the borro when placing the atty into the borro, also make sure when u unscrew the Exocet from the mod or tab u building on, that you don't turn the top cap so that it compresses the cotton again or sits skew as this will pinch the cotton and not allow for proper wicking.

I wouldve take some pics but saw this post late, sorry dude. I hope this advice helps because when u get this right, life is great!

Good luck

@Halfdaft Customs and @Jengz these sound like problems the clone exocets have....

Unfortunately it is part and parcel of the atties from China but I believe it's an issue on some batches of the clones and not all.

@Halfdaft Customs and @Jengz these sound like problems the clone exocets have....

Unfortunately it is part and parcel of the atties from China but I believe it's an issue on some batches of the clones and not all.
Sorry @Christos I didn't notice the thread title when I replied, thought it was the sxk in question... let's hope I can be a part of this HE talking soon!

Sorry @Christos I didn't notice the thread title when I replied, thought it was the sxk in question... let's hope I can be a part of this HE talking soon!
No worries. Just saying these issues are familiar with the clones. Questions are always welcome.

Quick question, has anyone tried kidney puncher or any brand ribbon wire in their exocet ??
Need to order some new supplies and curiosity has gotten the best of me

I'm also interested to know, been curious about ribbon wire for a while.

View attachment 119331
That coil didn’t look good so I rebuilt a fresh one - this should give you a better idea of the wire. This one reads 0.5ohm in the BB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking really good!

I think I’m gonna chuck a slightly bigger lower ohm coil in mine later on.

You’ve inspired me with that pic.

A9E4F559-5370-42AE-97AB-93AC54BA2C32.jpeg

Added a wrap to a bubble wrap fused clapton but I’m stumped cause the ohms are lower than when I removed a wrap on the last build o_O

Bit lower than I wanted at 0.3 but still a good Vape. Reckon I need to steal a length of your fancy wire @Darth Vaper and give that a crack:giggle:

Back